IT.COM

Namesilo removed my registered domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
@namesilo,
I have domain, I decided to renewal it and just after I paid the renewal I noted the domain was already registered until 20.02.2021 and I just added to it 1 more year.
So, I just went to history order and cancelled the last order. Last order is the last payment only.
The domain inmediatly desapeared from my account.
I contacted the support just 5 min after I saw the domain was gone.
The say I cancel the domain and I cant get it back.
So, they stole my already paid until 20.02.2021 domain and .. and thats all...
I cancelled the last order which was "domain renewal", and I never removed the domain..
And I contacted the support in less than 5 min after I saw the domain was gone..
But they dont put it back into my account and someone named Dani just was repeating as parrot my domain was gone..

If the system is not so good and remove the domain after cancel the last order, its not my problem.
The point is I had a domain and I paid it for 1 year more.
The I paid it again and then cancelled the 2nd renewal only.
And if you remove the domain it is your problem..
And if I contact you inmediatly asking where is my domain, you had to pput it back and fix your system.
Last order is last payment, and not my domain.
Finally you took my money and stole my domain

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not about doing more functions, they can't get their money back for renewals, so they will loose money. If you read their small print, it will say exactly this, that you loose everything related to that order.
Its their problem.
My domain was paid.
I was told a few months ago "cancel all wrong payment" from order history

•••
I dont care their terms, they told me once "you can calcel the accidentaly made payment and get refund".
They can write wharever they want in their terms, I did what they told me and canceled my last payment

They only told you half of the truth, they missed the part with "domain being deleted". I can understand your anger and frustration but you don't need to spill it on people who try to help.

@boker said it's small print, the part I copied it's uppercased right before the "You may cancel domain renewals (other than renewals associated with Expired Domain Auctions) with us within three (3) days of purchase for a full refund (minus any applicable transaction fees)"

"I don't care their terms" it's a clear indication on where this thread/discussion is going, back and forward without a result.

•••
They only told you half of the truth, they missed the part with "domain being deleted". I can understand your anger and frustration but you don't need to spill it on people who try to help.

@boker said it's small print, the part I copied it's uppercased right before the "You may cancel domain renewals (other than renewals associated with Expired Domain Auctions) with us within three (3) days of purchase for a full refund (minus any applicable transaction fees)"

"I don't care their terms" it's a clear indication on where this thread/discussion is going, back and forward without a result.
I was referring to 'small print' to any print in their terms, not necessary a 'small' one. Probably he understands now that he can't do anything and it will be impossible to prove something from a few months ago what they said...what it's printed it will be there forever, but it will be hard to make him acknowledge that.

•••
They specifically warn you that if you cancel a renewal that the domain will deleted from your account. There is a warning prior to executing the refund/delete

So if I transfer a domain to NameSilo, they force me to renew it there?

•••
They might be able to do something for you as a courtesy this time but it was your mistake. No one stole anything from you. People sure love to jump the gun and use words like “theft” and “stole” in their titles when no such thing happened.

•••
I paid to namesilofor 1 year and they have to keep my domain 1 year, if the domain has gone, it was their fault, they had not let cancel renewals, and it was also their fault they could do something, because I contacted them inmediatly but they even didnt try to do something.
Its not the point of their terms, the point is they were paid to keep my domain and what if it was stolen? They also would say me "ok, its gone, try to buy it again later"? They have to help, the domain was at their responsability, and was gone because of their odd way to cancel order..and the issue was reported inmediatly.. but Dani (guy from support) just was typing as crazy monkey "read our terms, read our terms.."
maybe was better to help and then remove the option of cancellingrenewals?

•••
Just wanted to clarify the situation here a bit and put at ease some of the worried individuals. This was a case of the user mistakenly cancelling their manual domain renewal despite multiple warnings prior to and on the cancellation page:
  • Renewal cancellations result in the domain being permanently deleted unless you are cancelling an automatic renewal in which case the domain will not be deleted if the domain has not yet expired. In this case, the domain will remain active, but will expire on its expiration date prior to the automatic renewal.
  • There is no way to reverse a cancellation. Once you submit this form, the cancellation will be processed unless there is an error processing the cancellation.
Please understand that when you renew a domain name manually, the end date for that domain name is automatically extended at the registry that owns that TLD. When you then cancel the manual renewal order, we are forced to permanently delete that domain at the registry as they do not issue us refunds for cancelled domain renewals. And once the domain expiration date is extended, the new expiration date takes effect permanently - there is no way to then revert the date back to the original prior to renewal.

To all our existing and new customers, please read carefully the terms explained prior to cancelling orders. If you're ever unsure, please check with our support team prior to cancelling the order. You can e-mail our support team at [email protected] or our live chat support team by going to https://www.namesilo.com/Support and clicking on the green icon in the bottom right corner of the page.

•••
Just wanted to clarify the situation here a bit and put at ease some of the worried individuals. This was a case of the user mistakenly cancelling their manual domain renewal despite multiple warnings prior to and on the cancellation page:
  • Renewal cancellations result in the domain being permanently deleted unless you are cancelling an automatic renewal in which case the domain will not be deleted if the domain has not yet expired. In this case, the domain will remain active, but will expire on its expiration date prior to the automatic renewal.
  • There is no way to reverse a cancellation. Once you submit this form, the cancellation will be processed unless there is an error processing the cancellation.
Please understand that when you renew a domain name manually, the end date for that domain name is automatically extended at the registry that owns that TLD. When you then cancel the manual renewal order, we are forced to permanently delete that domain at the registry as they do not issue us refunds for cancelled domain renewals. And once the domain expiration date is extended, the new expiration date takes effect permanently - there is no way to then revert the date back to the original prior to renewal.

To all our existing and new customers, please read carefully the terms explained prior to cancelling orders. If you're ever unsure, please check with our support team prior to cancelling the order. You can e-mail our support team at [email protected] or our live chat support team by going to https://www.namesilo.com/Support and clicking on the green icon in the bottom right corner of the page.
Its not important what namesilo say in terms and conditions, because the domain was already gone.. read terms would not help..
The point is I was told it was possible to cancel the last order via order history and it was exactly what I did.
Nobody told me this will remove the domain.
Nobody told me it will remove even already paid domain.
You just told me it was possible to cancel the order.
I canceled the order, and contacted namesilo inmediatly, all happend in less than 8 min from the minutes I paid it, but why I didnt get any help? any suggestion..
You even didnt try..
This is the point..
Ok, it was also my fault but it was also your fault too to let cancel renewal orders.
Ok, it was not some kind of great domain and I used not the right word in the title.. but I got scare attack and panic because it could be one of my valuable domains from which I am getting daily incomes..30 days could just kill all DA and traffic..

Last edited:
•••
So if I transfer a domain to NameSilo, they force me to renew it there?
No. When transferring a domain to NameSilo they will add a year to the current expiration date. If you at some point, before expiration, wants to transfer out you are free to do so.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back