Dynadot

Is 'G.dadi' trying to play a fast one on me?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tunababa8v

Established Member
Impact
I won the auction for global//mails dot com on April 22, and I received all messages related to bills for the auction from godaddy which I fully paid and according to the mail I was expecting the domain to reach my account before April 30. All this while, the domain was under the 'won' list pending transfer into my godaddy account . I checked my auction account today and I saw the said domain has been removed from the 'won' and placed under the 'didnt win' list. I clicked on it and what I got is showned in the screenshot below. I didn't receive any email from godaddy to indicate if it has been renewed or if they will refund me.
I will like to point out that before the auction ended, I checked whois details and the info there is still same as it was five days ago.

Please who has experience this before and how did you solve it.

I have contacted godaddy through mail but they are giving me 72hrs to reply me.
IMG_20190428_180042_822.JPG
IMG_20190428_175926_354.JPG
IMG_20190428_180012_652.JPG
IMG_20190428_175842_262.JPG
IMG_20190428_175903_507.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dont know what happened to the auction but I have been refunded.

•••
•••
The domain was probably renewed at the last minute.
Yes this can still happen when Godaddy are selling a domain that is not registered at Godaddy. That domain is at enom.

It also used to be possible for this to happen with domains that were registered at Godaddy but they finally fixed that.

I have found with GD closeouts this can happen, for example if the name is at Namecheap. Also GD do not send you an email to tell you this has happened or that they refunded the money - you have to actively check for yourself in your account to see what is happening. Would help if they sent an email and would save everyone time. But don't expect Godaddy Auctions to change anything, no matter how many times something gets suggested or reported to them.

Last edited:
•••
Good that you have been refunded. Who plays a fast one on Cheetah? :xf.grin:

I think the owner did renew the name. It has happened to me time and again at Dynadot. But Dynadot is always clear and upfront with the information, that your purchase will be moved to your account in five days unless the owner renewed.

•••
It will do everyone a world of good if they carry me along

•••
.. correction. Internic has it renewed. This is just as @carob says above. Non-Godaddy Registrars can do their own thing. GoDaddy should really get a handle on that. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back