Dynadot

GoDaddy Scammed Me - Here's PROOF!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I would like to let everyone know that GoDaddy outright scammed me today and after speaking with Greg Goodrich, manager @ Godaddy, he said there is nothing he can do about it. Please share with everyone, this is terrible way to do business and treat customers.

Here is the PROOF that GoDaddy scammed me:

Notice the 1st screenshot shows I won the auction fair & square, then the 2nd screenshot shows someone else won it 5 minutes later. I found out about this shortly after I won the auction, I logged into my GoDaddy account to see the 2nd screenshot below and I was absolutely shocked because they were saying I didn't win the auction, nor did they even give me the opportunity to win the auction AGAIN after I had already won it.

How corrupt is this? Especially after all their other auction scams that have happened. GoDaddy CANNOT be TRUSTED, they have no morals and do not care about scamming their customers and screwing them over.
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 12.33.32 PM.png

Now this is what I see in my account and GoDaddy refuses to honor the fact I won the auction and they could careless about doing anything about this corruption so it just keeps happening.
Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 12.45.17 PM.png

Thanks GoDaddy for such a wonderful experience! It sure makes me miss NoDaddy.com which was a very popular site that exposed your corrupt company and you bought it to cover all your corruption and sweep it under the rug instead of doing the right thing.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An old thread reactivated again... As far as I remember, one of the domain bloggers replicated the situation after the issue was published here. He opened an auctions page for a random expiring domain, became current high bidder and disconnected the internet router without closing the page or browser. Since no status updates were received (no internet), his browser "promptly" announced you won after some time. So, it was a serious bug. No doubts it is already fixed. Member 162055 : was GD ordered by a court / judge to deliver the domain in question to you? If so, is the decision public (it should be, not a classified information anyway) - can you post a link or a quote?

•••
So, it was a serious bug. No doubts it is already fixed. Member 162055 : was GD ordered by a court / judge to deliver the domain in question to you? If so, is the decision public (it should be, not a classified information anyway) - can you post a link or a quote?

If the case is in the discovery phase as he just said, a decision is probably still a long way off.

Is the bug already fixed?

•••
Who uses GoDaddy anyway?

Well, GoDaddy is the #1 registrar in registration volume by a large margin.

They have around the same number of registrations as the rest of the top 10 combined.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If the case is in the discovery phase as he just said, a decision is probably still a long way off.

Is the bug already fixed?

After nearly a year and a half, the judge should be making a decision soon!

GoDaddy's Defense: Nothing Happened :banghead:
No joke, instead of taking responsibility, GoDaddy has probably spent hundreds of thousands for a law firm that naively ignores all evidence to the point of claiming nothing happened. Remember, GoDaddy outsourced this case to a Major Law Firm x Multiple Lawyers x $1K+/Hour even though they have their own legal dept. likely also working this case. GoDaddy's best and only defense is no defense at all. Their only hope is ignoring all the evidence and hoping the Judge does too.

They still refuse to comply with the Judge's Orders for Discovery. Meanwhile, we complied with GoDaddy's Discovery! GoDaddy continues to waive the rules while continuing to flout them!

GoDaddy is the big bully on the schoolyard! GoDaddy is not happy that I am exposing their corruption and putting them under public scrutiny as they have stated multiple times, but I am not under a gag order yet so I am free to do so.

I am PROOF that GoDaddy does not care about their Customers and Namepros is chocked full of more proof that GoDaddy is corrupt. I would strongly recommend documenting your dealings with GoDaddy, taking screenshots, and holding them accountable if they screw you over. This case is a HUGE step forward in bringing more transparency, honesty, and accountability to the domain industry.

As the domain industry leader, GoDaddy should set positive examples of treating their customers with respect when things like this happen, not screwing them over and dragging them through unnecessary legal battles. Just remember, throughout this whole case GoDaddy has done everything to defy orders and deny everything to the very end, they have no good moral intentions AT ALL.

Last edited:
•••
@member-162055 .. Curious .. did you sue them for the domain, or for negligence/damages?

Because while you definitely did not win the auction from a legal perspective .. there also is no doubt that their mess of a platform did cause you to lack the fair information you would have needed in order to continue participating in the auction.

I really wish you had not gone so far as to make personal attacks and inaccurate accusations beyond the actual facts. Had this been handled in a cooler and more professional manner, I think your chances of claiming damages due to corporate-level negligence would be quite a bit higher. But unfortunately now your (in my opinion) wrongful personal attacks on @Joe Styler and @Paul Nicks pretty much overshadow GoDaddy's "Corporate Level" negligence.

Also curious if you presented this actual discussion as part of your evidence?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back