Domain Empire

Where Is My Name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rinkuji

Top Member
Impact
Yesterday I bid on Cryptosutra.com on GoDaddy Expired Domains.
My bid was second bid which I placed before 7 minutes to end auction.
By First bidders Automatic Bid I get Outbid. Then I placed second bid of $24.
Got message on same screen "You are Highest Bidder"
Then I watched Auction till last second.. I repeat till LAST SECOND as if there will be any other bid I will place my next bid.
Fortunately there was No Any Bid before me.
And on same screen I got message "Congrats. You won Auction"
As I got won message, I Logout from my GoDaddy account.
But when I see today in my Auction account, shockingly I am not winner as somebody outbid me and won auction at $39.

So I have some questions to @Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

1) As I already won auction, Do I get this Name or Not?
2) If Auction already Ends who is this Third Bidder who Win Auction?
3) Is this bidder name HugeDomains.com?
4) Do you regularly reopen auctions when it already ends to some VIPs?
5) Don't GoDaddy think its against the rules and ethics?
6) Do GoDaddy have different rules for small domainers and different rules for Big Pocket Guys? ("All are equal, but some are more equal than others." - George Orwell)
7) Why GoDaddy Auction team took 72 Hrs to reply email even the situation is serious?
8) I usually see that if expired name is HOT and when I check 5 to 10 minutes before auction ends at "GoDaddy.com" it shows message "Auction Ends. Name is not available" BUT at same time when I go through "ExpiredDomains.net" same name is still available to buy in last five minutes?.. Why this Glitch in last 5 - 10 minutes only?
9) If there was NO Bid then when that Name come to Closeouts?
...As I see Another Name yesterday which you closed auction before 5 minutes and there was no any bid But name is not yet in Closeouts? It shows "This domain isn't available for purchase right now. but it could be available soon"

It was really disappointing experience. Anybody here has similar kind of experience?

Regards

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for your message. At face value it certainly seems concerning - have GoDaddy replied, either here or via their help system? I don't use GD auctions to sell or buy, and am not familiar with all of the aspects of their terms of service, so will not offer any comment beyond this. There are many on here who are experienced GD Auction users, and I am sure they can offer more informed opinions. Best wishes.

•••
I buy most of my domain names through Godaddy Auctions only. Never in my Godaddy buyings, I experienced such a thing. It is strange indeed. Only Godaddy will explain what really happened.

What I experienced most is that till last 5 minutes there will not be any bid, if you place your bid, then all of a sudden a lot of bidders or single bid with automatic bid option will barge in and take the bid from $ 12 to even up to $ 500. These last minute biddings only I suspect something fishy is happening. When there was no bid for 7 days, why on earth, those mysterious bidders invade the auction in the last 5 minutes?

•••
•••
There are many on here who are experienced GD Auction users, and I am sure they can offer more informed opinions. Best wishes.

Thanks.

I buy most of my domain names through Godaddy Auctions only. Never in my Godaddy buyings, I experienced such a thing. It is strange indeed. Only Godaddy will explain what really happened.

I also bought some names. But never get this experience.

These last minute biddings only I suspect something fishy is happening. When there was no bid for 7 days, why on earth, those mysterious bidders invade the auction in the last 5 minutes?

If there was bid in last minutes it prolongs next 5 minutes. Its not fishy, everybody has their tricks to buy name. Most people join in last 5 minutes hoping they will get name at cheap price and there will be no bidding war.

But there was no bidding war on my auctioned name. Only two bidder. One quit. I was winner. But name goes to Third Person.

•••
•••
•••
Yesterday I bid on Cryptosutra.com on GoDaddy Expired Domains.
My bid was second bid which I placed before 7 minutes to end auction.
By First bidders Automatic Bid I get Outbid. Then I placed second bid of $24.
Got message on same screen "You are Highest Bidder"
Then I watched Auction till last second.. I repeat till LAST SECOND as if there will be any other bid I will place my next bid.
Fortunately there was No Any Bid before me.
And on same screen I got message "Congrats. You won Auction"
As I got won message, I Logout from my GoDaddy account.
But when I see today in my Auction account, shockingly I am not winner as somebody outbid me and won auction at $39.

So I have some questions to @Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

6) Do GoDaddy have different rules for small domainers and different rules for Big Pocket Guys? ("All are equal, but some are more equal than others." - George Orwell)
7) Why GoDaddy Auction team took 72 Hrs to reply email even the situation is serious?
8) I usually see that if expired name is HOT and when I check 5 to 10 minutes before auction ends at "GoDaddy.com" it shows message "Auction Ends. Name is not available" BUT at same time when I go through "ExpiredDomains.net" same name is still available to buy in last five minutes?.. Why this Glitch in last 5 - 10 minutes only?
...As I see Another Name yesterday which you closed auction before 5 minutes and there was no any bid But name is not yet in Closeouts? It shows "This domain isn't available for purchase right now. but it could be available soon"

It was really disappointing experience. Anybody here has similar kind of experience?

Regards
Did you get an auction win confirmation e-mail from GoDaddy? What does the "Lost" list in your auctions account say? Is the domain under the Lost tab?

•••
The godaddy app is delayed sometimes, unless you got the email, and made payment, you are not the winner.

•••
Did you get an auction win confirmation e-mail from GoDaddy? What does the "Lost" list in your auctions account say? Is the domain under the Lost tab?

They should mail me that but No I don't get.

Of course when I see today it shows in Lost and that's why I open this thread.

GoDaddy changed their Auction Platform look and it is actually user friendly now. So you can easily track your bidding auction / easily can place bid if get outbid / Live clock is there so can check time / Imdt message on same screen Outbid or Highest Bidder / Imdt. message on screen if you win auction. (If they do something Good we should appreciate)

The godaddy app is delayed, unless you got the email, and made payment, you are not the winner.

It wasn't App. I bid through my PC on their website. I already won some names / I already lost some names. Its Auction Game. If I get email then definately I paid and there will be no need of this thread. As I said I already won / lost names with them. The problem is I was looking auction till LAST SECOND and Prepared for next bid if someone overbid me. But there was no any bid till last second and I got message on screen "Congrats. You Won Auction"

Last edited:
•••
They should mail me that but No I don't get.

Of course when I see today it shows in Lost and that's why I open this thread.

GoDaddy changed their Auction Platform look and it is actually user friendly now. So you can easily track your bidding auction / easily can place bid if get outbid / Live clock is there so can check time / Imdt message on same screen Outbid or Highest Bidder / Imdt. message on screen if you win auction.

It wasn't App. I bid through my PC on their website. I already won some names / I already lost some names. Its Auction Game. If I get email then definately I pay and there will be no need of this thread as I said I already won / lost names with them. The problem is I was looking auction till LAST SECOND and Prepared for next bid if someone overbid me. But there was no any bid till last second and I got message on screen "Congrats. You Won Auction"

Did you happen to take a screenshot of the congratulatory message?

•••
I've experienced the same. I just checked it: I bought an expired domain on November 10, paid immediately and it took (exactly) a week before it was in my account. The first mail on november 10 said "thank you for your order" and the mail a week later said "transaction completed"
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001.png 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002.png

Last edited:
•••
The only person who can see what happened is @Joe Styler . I've tagged him so hopefully he will come and explain what happened.

•••
Oh, you didn't get an email. Nevermind my post then.

•••

Regards

1. Godaddy auction might came from expired domains, sometimes the original owner were renewing on the very last minute.

2. It might be godaddy system have bug/glitch.

3. According to whois data, the holder right now is Afternic Transfer Service / Namefind LLC

7. Why dont you use godaddy support chat?

8. Expireddomains.net system is the one having delay, due to their server limitations they have interval for recheck availability.

•••
Did you happen to take a screenshot of the congratulatory message?

You mean I have to take Screenshot..? Why So. If I already Win some names / paid for them and Got it. Did I took Screenshot of them. How many of you here actually doing it after winning any auction at GoDaddy..? (Though most of you will do it after reading this thread in future.)
You should have to Trust your Registrar. If there is No trust there will be no Business.
I do not take any screen shot. But if I Had or Have it, do you think I will post here without @Joe Styler or @Paul Nicks GoDaddy staff reply.

Last edited:
•••
You need to ask why GoDaddy accepted a final bid on the domain without increasing the time by the obligatory 5 minutes.

•••
"Sniper Bot"
A person can set it to a max amount and bid automatically the minimum amount of increases till they win or their max amount is met.

•••
1. Godaddy auction might came from expired domains, sometimes the original owner were renewing on the very last minute.

2. It might be godaddy system have bug/glitch.
Seems it was won by another bidder, rules out a renewal. Brings stub 's question forefront, and tying into your #2 theory.

•••
7. Why dont you use godaddy support chat?

Actually this is really funny. You mean I have to talk with these 4th grade pass guys who don't have even 10% knowledge of their own system.

•••
I think this incident kinda shows that GoDaddy are not an honest broker anymore running their own auctions. Their systems are automated. This kind of problem shouldn't even exist. [B]@Joe Styler[/B]

Last edited:
•••
You mean I have to take Screenshot..? Why So. If I already Win some names / paid for them and Got it. Did I took Screenshot of them. How many of you here actually doing it after winning any auction at GoDaddy..? (Though most of you will do it after reading this thread in future.)
You should have to Trust your Registrar. If there is No trust there will be no Business.
I do not take any screen shot. But if I Had or Have it, do you think I will post here without @Joe Styler or @Paul Nicks GoDaddy staff reply.

Cool down man :)

Not intending to divert the discussion but i usually take screenshots of all orders I place online - whether I am buying a domain or insurance or anything else. This has saved me a lot of trouble countless number of times. It's a habit now for me, successful orders - I hit print screen. Takes a second to do it, saves a lot of headache in the future.

The only site where I have not taken screenshots is Amazon, dunno why but I just kinda trust them and they have upheld it everytime when there were issues.

•••
@ntjedge hey bro.. i m always kool :xf.smile:

But its really good idea to take screenshot not only in domaining but for various transactions online.
Will definitely follow that hereafter. Thanks.

•••
"Sniper Bot"
A person can set it to a max amount and bid automatically the minimum amount of increases till they win or their max amount is met.

Wow.. I heard first time many New GD Bots.

But it wasn't bot in my auction.
As I said before it was closed and I was highest bidder till last second.

•••
@Rinkuji I took a look at the logs and here's what I see as the final two bids:

Bidder1 $35 @ 2018-05-12 09:05:59.100
Bidder2 $39 @ 2018-05-12 09:06:46.410
Auction Ends @ 2018-05-12 09:12:00.000

So, you were outbid 47 seconds after your final bid, and that reset the auction end time to 5m later just like it was supposed to. Unsure why your screen would show a winning bid, I haven't heard reports of this before so I don't believe it to be a widespread issue

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back