Dynadot

discuss Is Brandbucket Mostly Dead for Sellers?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is BB no longer the #1 place for brandables? I've had dozens of higher quality brandables listed for 3 years and only 1 sale. Would be interested to see how many of you here still use BB and whether BB is still the best shot at selling brandables, or would you likely have better luck on DAN.com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is BB no longer the #1 place for brandables? I've had dozens of higher quality brandables listed for 3 years and only 1 sale. Would be interested to see how many of you here still use BB and whether BB is still the best shot at selling brandables, or would you likely have better luck on DAN.com?
BB and SH too many suppliers too many choices.. i don't think it's really works for average $XXX names.

I have sold zero domains on dan in 2020 and moved domains to Afternic.

•••
That’s not what Morgan Linton says...

1/7/2021 blog entry on Shane’s BB success.

Happy for him, but still think BB’s strictest rules
Shane released sales as to benefit community.
BrandBucket doesnt release sales, like ever.
Thanks Morgan and Shane for sharing, but BB stingiest to release sale results, dont blame op.
We’ll see if there’s anybody else out there.
I prefer Squadhelp over BB terms of flexibility.
De listing time, time it takes for approval... etc
DF7FCAC2-FFD3-4665-B2F3-DA3A84E7A737.jpeg

https://morganlinton.com/another-day-another-brandbucket-success-story/#comments

Last edited:
•••
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but do we think that BB favors domainers that they personally know and get on their blogs / podcasts? Make sense from a publicity standpoint

•••
I have been more successful with BB than SH despite the fact that all my BB names are SH rejects. Now I am contemplating moving all my SH names to BB and submit my names first to BB before I submit it to SH
...... Personal experience though

Last edited:
•••
Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but do we think that BB favors domainers that they personally know and get on their blogs / podcasts? Make sense from a publicity standpoint
Every business will look after their best customers.

Last edited:
•••
I have been more successful with BB than SH despite the fact that all my BB names are SH rejects. Now I am contemplating moving all my SH names to BB and submit my names first to BB before I submit it to SH

Interesting. I thought BB was "stricter" than SH when it comes to accepting names.

•••
Interesting. I thought BB was "stricter" than SH when it comes to accepting names.

Actually from my experience BB is less strict in accepting names that SH.
SH are very picky and it becomes harder to get names accepted.

•••
Pretty sure SH has been the top dog for the last few years but with their enormous name growth in under two years they are likely to become like BB. Good for large portfolios not so good for smaller portfolios. BB took many years to get to that kind of “stock”. Both have too many names IMO.

As far as name selection, SH bases everything on cheap contest holders opinions as a starting point. I don’t think much of opinions of $100 shoppers 😉 They use internal data points more than looking at ALL sales and trends everywhere. It works for them thus far if you are willing to sell most names at low prices.

Overall, BB has better taste in names probably due to longer experience in this niche. Also better at pricing valuable names.

•••
Never liked the 2 week waiting period or getting charged just to submit a domain by BB, Afternic has way better distribution and it generates me sales without the hassle.

•••
Never liked the 2 week waiting period or getting charged just to submit a domain by BB, Afternic has way better distribution and it generates me sales without the hassle.

it’s actually 24-26 days waiting period now

Last edited:
•••
No they're not dead but they're not doing great in conversion.

Attachments

• bbgrowth.jpg
    bbgrowth.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 341
•••
Actually from my experience BB is less strict in accepting names that SH.
SH are very picky and it becomes harder to get names accepted.
SH accepted all of my brandables but without showing on the search results it doesn't matter.

•••
•••
SH accepted all of my brandables but without showing on the search results it doesn't matter.

Are you sure you submitted it on the Premium Listing to be approved or just the Standard Listing? Standard listing domains are not found on main SquadHelp site search result, only the premium ones.

If the former, then all your brandables probably are all good.

Premium listing -- https://www.squadhelp.com/marketplace-listings
Standard listing -- https://www.squadhelp.com/dashboard/seller/domains

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Could mean business is booming (again) :xf.grin:
Could be but if it takes over 1 month to get them to review 5 names and probably approve between 0-5, how can we ever expect to get a reasonable amount of names listed there?

•••
•••
•••
I think The BB appraisal is paid.

•••
A common challenge across all marketplaces. As the inventory grows, individual names get less and less exposure. Marketplaces benefit because of the higher volume while sellers take the hit thanks to the traffic dilution. Supply vs demand.

Though quality domains will sell anywhere. Give Alter a shot, a brandable marketplace without the outrageous commission (10% commission, no other fees).

•••
A common challenge across all marketplaces. As the inventory grows, individual names get less and less exposure. Marketplaces benefit because of the higher volume while sellers take the hit thanks to the traffic dilution. Supply vs demand.

Though quality domains will sell anywhere. Give Alter a shot, a brandable marketplace without the outrageous commission (10% commission, no other fees).
I have already there and submitted same names 5 days ago, but non of them get rejected or approved. All pending 😐

•••
I have already there and submitted same names 5 days ago, but non of them get rejected or approved. All pending 😐

Thanks for your submissions! Our review process generally takes about 24-72 hours on average but we're backlogged by a couple days right now. Remember, there's no downside here for you because you can do whatever you want with your names in the meantime. We'll get to your domains very shortly.

Edit: Looks like I spoke too soon. Your names were already reviewed yesterday. :)

Last edited:
•••
It's tough. If 2% or more of your inventory sells then it's OK.

•••
Back