Dynadot

discuss Has Anyone Had HugeDomains Purchase their BrandBucket Names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This actually happened to a domain that I had listed on BB for a fair price. I say "fair" because I would have actually liked to have listed it for higher, but obviously BB puts a limit on the price for any particular domain. For obvious reasons, I won't disclose the domain, however, I'm curious if anyone has recently had any of their BrandBucket domains purchased by HugeDomains? When this happened to me, immediately after they purchased the domain, it was then listed on their Hugedomains marketplace for literally 3X the price than what was allowed to be listed on BrandBucket.

Things are really beginning to look increasingly wicked in this industry as of late. If others have experienced this, it would make me wonder how often they deploy this type of strategy. After reading this thread, it certainly appears that we need more transparency regarding TurnCommerce. With the (alleged) business practices of bidding up their own listings at DropCatch using foreign bots or whatever else, if proven true, would really explain how they would be able to pay higher prices for other domains, in addition to bidding up auctions on both GoDaddy and paying "premium" prices on BB.

We should be greatly concerned that literally 50-60% of the active, expired GoDaddy inventory is being snatched up (and artificially bid up) by TurnCommerce. With those type of numbers, this ain't capitalism at this point, folks. It would simply be a rotten monopoly at best (and at worst) potentially violating antitrust laws if any of the other alleged business practices are ever found to be true.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want to find out what people think about HD then there are 2 threads of substance you can read - I doubt you can find someone here who think it´s a problem that HD buys BB names and tries to resell them for 3 times as much.

Rather sad

The only sad things here are you not share the name.

•••
If you want to find out what people think about HD then there are 2 threads of substance you can read - I doubt you can find someone here who think it´s a problem that HD buys BB names and tries to resell them for 3 times as much.

The only sad things here are you not share the name.

You and others here are attempting to use sneaky, multiple straw man arguments within this thread, by virtue of me simply not wanting to disclose the specific domain that is sold. As I have stated many times, you having knowledge of the specific domain that was sold, actually has nothing to do with my opening post. Why? Because the original topic at hand was to find out whether anyone else had a domain that was sold. I wasn't asking for specifics. I also never claimed whether others would be happy (or not happy) if they had HD acquire a BB name from them. I was simply asking if they had a sale. A general conversation can be had without knowing the details. It happens all the time, every day on NP. This is a general conversation to get a general idea whether HD has been known to purchase BB names. Again, the keyword is general. Threads on NP happen everyday, where members are saying "yeah I sold a domain on sedo etc".

Listen, I understand that someone could be dishonest about a sale, but in the context of this thread, there really is very little to gain from being dishonest. If you choose to not believe someone who's been in this business for well over a decade, then that's your issue. Also, by your own admission, there are multiple threads regarding TurnCommerce, correct? So clearly I'm not alone in my concerns. It seems very unreasonable that I should be receiving this degree of of push back, given the facts and context of what I was asking in my opening post. In fact, you want to speak about agendas? Some of the responses seem a little too contrived at this point.

So, again, I am simply choosing to not disclose sales data, no different than the majority of other domainers here. Judging from the negative response thus far, I can see why most of you don't disclose anything. It's like throwing red meat to the wolves.

Last edited:
•••
Listen, I understand that someone could be dishonest about a sale, but in the context of this thread, there really is very little to gain from being dishonest.

I don't think this is a matter of honesty. More of a quest to understand what happened.

Either it's exactly like you believe it to be.

(Assuming you checked all historical NS/ WHOIS records to ensure the domain went directly from you to HD, and that there wasn't an unknown third party in between)

Which isn't that hard to believe considering several domain investors and hobbyists regularly check BB for either an underpriced domain, or a quality domain that interests them, despite the price, because unlike most NPer's, some investors hardly ever handreg or buy cheap domains. Why wouldn't the biggest buyer of domains be interested at BB inventory? Tagging @Rebies @Jeff Reberry as an invitation to join this discussion.

Or, if there was a third party intermediary, then the question becomes how did HD get ahold of the domain?

Drop?

Expired Registrar auction?

The BB buyer sold it to HD?

Thus, why the dates and facts are important.

Was the domain pushed from your registrar account to the buyers registrar account? Thus not adding an additional year of registration time. And making an expiration based acquisition much more likely opposed to a transfer out which adds an additional year of registration time.

Last edited:
•••
What would be unethical: You are a marketplace, and you get an offer for some domain and instead of transferring this offer to the domain owner, try to get the domain elsewhere for a fraction of the actual bid for higher commission. But if you do outbounding and get 30 percent instead of 20 percent this may not be unethical. For example your BIN may be 1K , floor 700 at AN, and AN gets 900 offer and tells you that they got 800 offer, and the name sells, and they get more than 20 percent. Not necessarily a bad thing if they sell a domain which normally wouldn't sell. But if there is a big gap (ratio) between prices this would be very unethical, because it would both prevent sales, and make sale prices low for sellers.
I think hugedomains is taking risk here, by trying to make 200 percent profit. We try to make 10000 percent profit on a few names to cover costs associated to the rest.

•••
I don't think this is a matter of honesty. More of a quest to understand what happened.

Either it's exactly like you believe it to be.

(Assuming you checked all historical NS/ WHOIS records to ensure the domain went directly from you to HD, and that there wasn't an unknown third party in between)

Which isn't that hard to believe considering several domain investors and hobbyists regularly check BB for either an underpriced domain, or a quality domain that interests them, despite the price, because unlike most NPer's, some investors hardly ever handreg or buy cheap domains. Why wouldn't the biggest buyer of domains be interested at BB inventory? Tagging @Rebies @Jeff Reberry as an invitation to join this discussion.

Or, if there was a third party intermediary, then the question becomes how did HD get ahold of the domain?

Drop?

Expired Registrar auction?

The BB buyer sold it to HD?

Thus, why the dates and facts are important.

Was the domain pushed from your registrar account to the buyers registration account? Thus not adding an additional year of registration time. And making an expiration based acquisition much more likely opposed to a transfer out which adds an additional year of registration time.

Nope, it was definitely a direct purchase made by HugeDomains. No delay, no in-betweens, no funny business. Simply an immediate, direct acquisition that was quickly thrown into their inventory. Which, let me clarify that I actually don't have a problem with in and of itself. I would normally care less which company purchased my domain.

What I do have a problem with, is when a single entity is edging closer to literally controlling a particular aftermarket. As it stands, it could be easily argued that they dominate the GD expired aftermarket and by a large margin. So, regardless of whether it be brandables or keyword domains, what I am concerned with, is market domination and manipulation by a single entity. It would seem mighty reckless much to have that happen. If you disagree, then I would assume that you would also disagree with antitrust laws? If not, then feel free to state your position on why this is any different. Hugedomains is one of the only companies in existence that is acquiring the number of domains on the aftermarket (namely GD expired auctions) on such a high level. Sure, we all know that hundreds of small to mid-sized companies in the industry are constantly acquiring domains for their portfolio. Sure, there are obviously tens of thousands of individual investors (like members here) attempting to acquire domains on the auctions as well. However, I challenge anyone here to name a single corporation other than TurnCommerce, that acquires the sheer volume that they do, on GoDaddy.

So, why is this a problem? Ask yourself (with a straight face) what could hypothetically happen to the domain market as a whole, should TurnCommerce one day go belly up (because of their own mistakes) and they're forced to rapidly dump or liquidate their entire inventory? This isn't exactly a far fetched premise. Do you not think that this would have a negative impact on domain values across everyone's domain portfolios? I would suggest that many people may be grossly dismissing the sheer volume of acquisitions that TurnCommerce is involved in.

For example, today I just looked briefly at the last 20 domains that I have attempted to bid on over at GD and literally 60% were won by HugeDomains. Think about that...Despite there being thousands of people/companies bidding on GD expired auctions at any given time, are you telling me that it's perfectly healthy for 12 out of 20 domains to be purchased by the same company on a consistent basis? This isn't just anecdotal - this has been the recurring finding among many others who have bothered to look into it. So again, this isn't purely whether I "liked or disliked" the fact that HD acquired a BB domain from me. That was never the point of the post. My concern is that if they even remotely acquire BB or similar domains at the same degree to which they already acquire expired domains, their market influence and weight would only continue to grow beyond what would be considered healthy for the market. Let's be honest here, I doubt HugeDomains has any intentions of halting their acquisitions. The problem is that nothing lasts forever and markets are always cyclical. Sometimes they fall hard, especially if the catalysts involves monopolies or artificial scarcity. Should they ever have to liquidate, yes, the market would eventually adjust and recover. However, the gravity of the impact that all of our portfolios may endure during such a process, could potentially be quite significant. Even if you grossly disagree, I certainly don't see why anyone should receive negative pushback for simply pointing these concerns out. As for the more "darker" rumors pertaining to DropCatch, yes, this is very very concerning to me and (clearly others). Again, as everyone can re-read above, I never directly accused TurnCommerce of any wrongdoing. I was simply asking opinions on the subject, since so many others have stated that this could be going on. Should that ever be proven to be true (hopefully it is not), I can assure you that there would be a huge (pun intended) upset in the industry. Either way, I should not be receiving any pushback for simply discussing these legitimate concerns, no different than the other threads that already exist.

So, in my opinion, this is why it's dangerous for a single entity to ever dominate/own/control any type of market, particularly when it reaches these seemingly apparent levels. I can't say I'm speaking in tongues here. This is all relatively basic economics and market fairness. Sure, it sucks to not be able to acquire domain for own portfolios when up against HD. However, I think greater concern is simply maintaining a fair and healthy market, overall.

At this point, this is the last post that I will contributing to this particular thread, since I find myself having to repeat myself over and over. Everyone else is obviously welcome to continue to contribute!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hugedomains buying from BB is like Godaddy buying your new hand registrations. It will never happen.

•••
So, why is this a problem? Ask yourself (with a straight face) what could hypothetically happen to the domain market as a whole, should TurnCommerce one day go belly up (because of their own mistakes) and they're forced to rapidly dump or liquidate their entire inventory? This isn't exactly a far fetched premise. Do you not think that this would have a negative impact on domain values across everyone's domain portfolios?

I really cannot understand, after 3 pages, what your point is. This sort of complete distraction from constructive thinking is why I rarely read NP threads anymore. If this is the point, then you can relax. Domain names are not commodities. Each one is unique. Most successful people in this business sell to end users, and end users wouldn't know or care about TurnCommerce having a fire sale. In fact, them going belly up would be a great opportunity for domainers to pick up some good names for cheap, and for prices to come down at Godaddy auctions. Win/win for everybody except TurnCommerce.

I know what I want for my domains, and whatever TrueCommerce does isn't at all relevant to my business. Unless they buy a name from me for $2000, of course, in which case I wouldn't be complaining about it.

•••
Just everything I used to own is now theirs.

•••
Nope, it was definitely a direct purchase made by HugeDomains.

How did you definitively confirm this?

I'm not saying this is the case, but if you're mistaken to what actually happened, and we (domainers) go around spreading this narrative, then we'd essentially be spreading fake news.

I'm only saying this because I just checked several domains with a BB to HD NameServer history, and all seemed to have been acquired through expiration channels. Such as:

Spooxy.com
upload_2019-8-3_3-15-27.png

Oxote.com
upload_2019-8-3_3-17-34.png

👉 Possibl.com 👈 is an example (with an expired auction sales record) of a BrandBucket published domain that expired, then according to NameBio, was purchased for $355 at GoDaddy by what appears to be HugeDomains.

**There have been instances where NameBio is wrong, such as when a domain is renewed after the auction closed. Which raises the question, if HugeDomains really wanted a domain from an auction, and it was renewed, would they spend $X,XXX on it?**

upload_2019-8-3_2-48-33.png

upload_2019-8-3_2-47-57.png

upload_2019-8-3_2-53-34.png

WHOIS while at BB
upload_2019-8-3_2-56-42.png

Compared to the current WHOIS:

upload_2019-8-3_3-2-31.png

Simply an immediate, direct acquisition that was quickly thrown into their inventory. Which, let me clarify that I actually don't have a problem with in and of itself. I would normally care less which company purchased my domain.

What I do have a problem with, is when a single entity is edging closer to literally controlling a particular aftermarket.

If you still believe HugeDomains bought your domain directly from BrandBucket, and are willing to provide some kind collaborative info such as WHOIS screenshots, BB sales screenshot, or what not (domain name blurred out if you wish), I would love to discuss your chief complaint regarding "a single entity edging closer to controlling a particular aftermarket."

However, as the thread title is, "Has anyone had HugeDomains purchase their brandbucket names" and since we have yet to factually establish a single instance where HugeDomains bought a domain directly from BrandBucket, it might be a little premature to elaborate into more complex concerns. A lot of NPers have had the misfortune of HugeDomains picking up their BB domains through the expired channels that HD dominates.

If you really wanted to figure out the scale of domains leaving BB to HugeDomains or vice versa, you'll need to sign up for DomainTools and use the DailyChanges tool among a few other steps.

Lastly, for what its worth, there are plenty of instances of domains being dropped by HugeDomains, and then listed on BB. One example being:

PhatCheck.com
upload_2019-8-3_3-39-20.png

Last edited:
•••
For demonstrative purposes, let's use the below quoted example to explain a theory to what might have occurred.

👉 Possibl.com 👈 is an example (with an expired auction sales record) of a BrandBucket published domain that expired, then according to NameBio, was purchased for $355 at GoDaddy by what appears to be HugeDomains.

**There have been instances where NameBio is wrong, such as when a domain is renewed after the auction closed. Which raises the question, if HugeDomains really wanted a domain from an auction, and it was renewed, would they spend $X,XXX on it?**

142365_c9214609fa0f89b770589babbd1177d7.png

142364_6498d8c49cbf2e8a373ab6ab6f52bc92.png

Say OP sold Possibl.com via BB.

Then OP pushed the domain to the buyers account (OP might have opted NOT to change WHOIS info to the buyer)

If WHOIS info wasn't changed, the buyer might not have received the renewal notice emails. Hence the quick turnaround time from a domain sale, to an expired auction acquisition and sales listing by HugeDomains.

Or maybe the buyer opted for a different domain. It wouldn't be the first time a buyer bought a domain from a brandable marketplace, didn't renew it, and the domain ending up in HugeDomains hands.

This, of course, is all a theory. And seeing how OP has yet to provide the domain or specific dates / facts for anyone to validate, it's not likely OPs allegation will be substantiated any time soon.

#WhatAWasteOfTimeThisThreadWas #PleaseFactCheckBeforeStartingAThread
#OrProvideProofToCollaborateYourClaim #NoIWontProvideDetails #BecauseIDontWantToBeProvenWrong #IJustWantToUseTheThreadTitleToPushABiggerConcern
#DontWorryAboutTheThreadTitle #LetsTalkAboutWhatsBeingTalkedAboutInOtherThreads
#ItsNotFakeNewsISwear
#ItsNeverTooLateToBeTransparent

Last edited:
•••
it's not likely OPs allegation will be substantiated any time soon.

Actually, here I am.

I wanted to step in here just once more, since "Grilled" mentioned the potential sale of Possibl.com, and I feel that it’s the right thing to do in order to set a few facts straight. As I have already mentioned countless times, I want to be clear that there has always been two main components to this thread:

#1 I was very curious if anyone has had any other BrandBucket domains purchased by HugeDomains. I wasn't sure whether this was something new. I had no data on whether it was or wasn't, nor did I say I ever had data. Part of my post was sort of like a poll, if you will.

#2 I was (and now more than ever) very concerned about the seemingly curiously high acquisition rate of domains purchased by HugeDomains on GoDaddy expired auctions. I wanted people’s opinions and feedback on this, since the activity seems to be at all time high.

I want to ensure that the two above points are made because everyone has been 100% fixated on component #1, and either attacking me for bringing up point #2 or simply avoiding discussing those concerns altogether. I find that rather strange, seeing that I'm definitely not the only individual to have ever raised these valid concerns.

Moving forward, Possibl.com was indeed the domain, so kudos to Grilled for getting that info. You must have a lot of time of your hands, and I do find it odd that you've spent so much energy on this, but thank you nonetheless for getting that info. I admit I didn’t check namebio at all, because I assumed that HugeDomains acquired my domains directly. I assumed this because I have distinct memory of checking back several times in 2018, very shortly after the sale, and the domain had already been listed on their inventory. So, it’s weird that NameBio is showing a "2019" GoDaddy acquisitions date. However, assuming again that namebio is correct, then I definitely wish to offer my apologies to HugeDomains and others here, for that specific reason.

If namebio is not correct (like you said occasionally there are hiccups) then that would be yet another strange anomaly that could be further discussed. Either way, I don’t personally have any further details on the domain, other than it was purchased on Oct 23 2018. The strange part is again, I really do have this memory of checking Possibl.com several times, and it being listed on HugeDomains back in in 2018. Either way, I am certainly a big enough person to admit that it looks like I have made a mistake that they directly acquired it from BB. However, I want to be clear that this post was created with solid, good intentions and out of genuine concerns. It was also created based on what I thought at the time, was correct data.

Moving forward, I want to make a final point:

Since it appears (thus far) that I was completely wrong about HugeDomains acquiring a domain from me via BB, unfortunately and ironically, it actually only further solidifies my second concern of this entire thread, which is that HugeDomains consistently acquires 50% of all expired GoDaddy auctions. So, yes, while it appears that I was way off base regarding the first component, this unfortunately, only adds credence to my second concern.

The curious thing to me is, despite there being a very legitimate concern for the expired auction issue (and despite there being countless other threads with others stating similar concerns) most people who chose to criticize me on this thread were absolutely hellbent on me simply disclosing the domain, as if that was the only concern that I had. Yes, it was the "title of the thread" because it was my first concern. I found it odd that HugeDomains would pay retail. However, clearly that was only part of my concern, yet very few people bothered to address the other concerns. Most people who responded, gave off the perception that they could care less of the very obvious issue over at GD auctions. Again, that's my personal take on it, and I think that really speaks volumes for the industry as whole, and to why there might be an issue to begin with. If you feel that there's no issue with a single company consistently acquiring 50% of all GD expired auctions, then fair enough. However, I and many many others (arguably more who just choose to remain silent) do sense the there’s something peculiar about that.

So, in closing, feel free to gloat on my honest mistake. I also admit that I was a little snarky in my previous responses, mainly due to the sheer level of absolute pushback for simply asking honest questions. Either way, I suppose I deserve some criticism, having not dug deeper on namebio.

However, in regards to my second and equally valid concern for this thread, I think anyone who chooses to “throw the baby out with the bathwater” in this particular case, is also making a terrible mistake. Those are my genuine two cents.

Last edited:
•••
Huge Domains doesn't buy anything to make only 3 times their money when most of the time they are making 400 times their money on a regular basis. Maybe they bought it for a personal project and decided it wasn't the right name and listed it to get their money back.

•••
Maybe they bought it for a personal project and decided it wasn't the right name and listed it to get their money back.

That could be one explanation if HD actually bought it directly from BB, however that's apparently not the case. Read the three comments above your comment in entirety to be brought up to speed.
So, in closing, feel free to gloat on my honest mistake.

I don't think it's about gloating. It's about moving on with the facts.

I'm oddly alarmed how little importance you seem to place on fact checking. But I guess that's an issue most Americans struggle with, seeing how we ended up with a president who is fact checkingly challenged.

As others has mentioned there are other threads discussing domainers grave concerns of their dominance. Have you read all 930 posts from: https://www.namepros.com/threads/hu...50-of-expiring-domains-at-godaddy-com.988898/ It really is a great thread. A lot of effort has been put into that thread by @Arca and others for quite some time.
Possibl.com was indeed the domain, so kudos to Grilled for getting that info. You must have a lot of time of your hands, and I do find it odd that you've spent so much energy on this, but thank you nonetheless for getting that info.

Thank you for clarifying.

It's a little more complex than 'odd' as to why I spent so much energy on this. But 'oddly' enough, I'm working on this issue with trained professionals and will be using this as an example next week to reflect and work on it. Nobody really wins an internet debate. It's all a waste of time and energy. Yet, some seem to get sucked in as a possible avoidance / distraction technique and/or a combination of either always having to be right, or finding an answer nobody has found yet. Better put as, "I just gotta know."

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I hope there are no hard feelings.

Last edited:
•••
. Nobody really wins an internet debate. It's all a waste of time and energy.

On the contrary! I agree nobody wins in a debate like this but it makes for an interesting read! No waste of time and energy at all.

I don't blame OP for being 'wrong' and he actually raised (again) some concerns that cannot be ignored. Love he manned up and dealt with the fact that his initial assumption was a tad off in a very mature way.

I think this thread was a fine example of how most debates should go. Both sides of the party eventually looked at the facts and drew their conclusion without getting overly aggressive.

•••
I don't blame OP for being 'wrong'

I don't blame OP for being 'wrong' either. Seemingly an honest mistake. However...

If the name would have been provided up front, it would have saved a lot of other peoples time. And the claim would have been quickly debunked by an extra set of eyes. That one action, or inaction, caused a trickle down effect to unnecessarily waste a lot of peoples time and/or energy. An issue all too common on nP.

he actually raised (again) some concerns that cannot be ignored

Such as what happens if the buyer didn't intentionally let the domain expire (e.g. didn't receive the renewal emails and wasn't aware of the expiration), and he/she finds out the domain he/she just spent $2,000 is now being offered for sale by HugeDomains for $6,000, less than a year after their $2,000 purchase?

Last edited:
•••
Such as what happens if the buyer didn't intentionally let the domain expire (e.g. didn't receive the renewal emails and wasn't aware of the expiration), and he/she finds out the domain he/she just spent $2,000 is now being offered for sale by HugeDomains for $6,000, less than a year after their $2,000 purchase?

Nah, that's all fine with me. Its how this business works. Doesn't matter who picks up the expired name. I'm actually fine with HD buying A LOT of inventory but I do share his concerns in the long run.

That being said, Again, I think their pricing structure is spot on so it wouldn't matter for end-users which should be our main concern.

•••
•••

Lol, I was waiting for you to chime in :)

•••
Nah, that's all fine with me. Its how this business works. Doesn't matter who picks up the expired name.

I'm more so saying, OP said the domain sold 10/23/2018. It expired 01/31/2019. And the NameServers changed to HugeDomains on 03/25/2019. The domain expired roughly 100 days after the sales date. And it's unknown if the new owner received renewal notices.

From a consumer standpoint, it would be pretty upsetting to spend $2,000 on a domain, and unknowingly find out the domain expired roughly 150 days after purchasing it, then come to find it no longer in your account and being offered for sale for $6,000.

I wonder if there was any wording, or notice to the buyer from BB that he/she will need to renew the domain soon. Just saying, for non domain specialists who hand reg, they may be accustomed to one year registration times, and renewal emails. It would be interesting to know if OP received the renewal notice emails.

Last edited:
•••
Really nice detective work on finding what domains went from BB to HD, @Grilled Thank you! Also really clearly laying out the steps and possibilities in your description.

The fact that there were just a few, seems to suggest that only rarely do domains move from BB to HD, and even then it seems mainly or always after having expired for various reasons.

I think the OP point 2 is of concern if any one entity ends up with too much of the prime domain assets it is potentially problematic. I think the reason people focussed so much on your point 1 and not point 2 @The Rover is because of the title for the thread and also because the other point has already been discussed in length in different threads on NPs.

But mainly I just wanted to thank Grilled for a superb job tracking down what really happened. Hats off to you!

Bob

•••
The fact that there were just a few, seems to suggest that only rarely do domains move from BB to HD

Oh, I'm sure there are WAY more than a few domains that have moved from BB to HD. I searched a very small sample size. And I only included a few to passively mask OP's domain, affording him the opportunity to chime in.
and even then it seems mainly or always after having expired for various reasons.

That's my belief until demonstrated otherwise.

But again, there are also domains that have moved/move from HD to BB.

Last edited:
•••
On the contrary! I agree nobody wins in a debate like this but it makes for an interesting read! No waste of time and energy at all.

I don't blame OP for being 'wrong' and he actually raised (again) some concerns that cannot be ignored. Love he manned up and dealt with the fact that his initial assumption was a tad off in a very mature way.

I think this thread was a fine example of how most debates should go. Both sides of the party eventually looked at the facts and drew their conclusion without getting overly aggressive.

I appreciate your kind words. It was definitely an honest mistake on my part. I should have dug deeper before assuming it was a direct BB acquisition. Also, thank you for at least trying to, yet again, highlight my other concern regarding HD's increasing acquisition rate. Unfortunately, nearly every time that concern was brought up in this particular thread, it was continually ignored or immediately diverted by others with comments like "if you're interested in that conversation there are plenty of other threads you can search for". In any event, thank you for admitting that you share similar concerns in the long run. Totally off topic, but I also really dig that logo of yours!

•••
If the name would have been provided up front, it would have saved a lot of other peoples time. And the claim would have been quickly debunked by an extra set of eyes. That one action, or inaction, caused a trickle down effect to unnecessarily waste a lot of peoples time and/or energy. An issue all too common on nP.

totally agree

the premise of the thread was false, as @Grilled discovered

and if the name was revealed, the 2nd point would have been deemed redundant, since it was already discussed in another thread.
the OP could have bumped that thread, with his real intent

I think the OP point 2 is of concern if any one entity ends up with too much of the prime domain assets it is potentially problematic.

it is of no concern to me, because it won't happen.
other domainers who've been in the game for decades, have also been acquiring prime/top tier/ premium names for years

no one entity, not even godaddy has all the prime names registered with them
the myth that hd is buying up 50% of expiring names there, doesn't mean all or even half of them are high quality.
it's an assumption, until the list is published, an assumption because of who there are seen as.

the other point has already been discussed in length in different threads on NPs.

exactly, which makes bringing it up here, redundant, especially when no new information or facts are revealed

thank Grilled for a superb job tracking down what really happened

now that, I can agree with!

imo….

•••
:muted:
Yet another thread title jumping the gun giving bad press before doing due diligence.
I’m inured to these sorts of threads by now and don’t always even give them my original content. :singing: Just copy paste what I’ve said before. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Back