IT.COM

discuss In the buying and selling game, how much money have you -

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

what is average total $ amount you declined to accept for domains, year to date.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • less than $1K

votes
    33.3%
  • more than $1k, but less than $5k

votes
    25.0%
  • more than $5k, but less than $10k

votes
    25.0%
  • $10K > $50K

votes
    16.7%
  • $50K > 100K

votes
    0.0%
  • over $100K

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
Hi

while sitting on the front porch, chilling, listening to the birds chirp as i sip coffee and ponder

though about all the money i have passed on,
the actual dollar amount of combined offers that i said "no thanks" to.

first, i think ..who the frick am i to turn down some dough, that's what i'm in it fo, right?

then, i think about, how some declined offers turned into a higher profit sale.
then... i think about, some of those offers, that i should have taken.
i'm talking several thousand dollar returns!

some points in time, a decision has to be made...
and the frame of mind at that time, typically wins.
now wtf does that mean?
all who've been there, know the drill

and what's the point of the post?

point is, i have passed on a lot of $, where this month alone is at 4 figures.
and when i think about year to date, then last year and the years before that... that :poop: adds up.

now i'm thinking bout this :poop: load of money that i coulda had and been done spent, with a :( face
but... on the other hand, one can be grateful, for all the $ i was blessed to receive. :)

passing on offers,
can be seen as an arrogant or egotistical move
it can be a logical and tactful move
it can be a practical and economical move
but it's a part of the game, that's played on the field of domaining

so, how is your passing game going and how many $ have you passed on so far?

imo....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've passed up offers on names and then sold them for more so I don't think I've lost any potential returns. I can't think of any name I've turned an offer down on that didn't then sell for more.

Edit - I remember I turned down a 300 dollar offer on a name I had listed for 1200. I still own that name. I currently am not missing that 300 dollars.

Last edited:
•••
ouch - I been having these thoughts throughout 2020

I am at slightly over 6k in offers I have tried to negotiate upwards (unsuccessfully) or turned down

Had 2 offers totalling $800 just last week for 2 domains ($300 & $500 respectfully) and asked for more

And still no sales for this year.......

All good though, short term pain for long term gain (hopefully)

Time will tell I suppose if I am doing the right thing

•••
ouch - I been having these thoughts throughout 2020

I am at slightly over 6k in offers I have tried to negotiate upwards (unsuccessfully) or turned down

Had 2 offers totalling $800 just last week for 2 domains ($300 & $500 respectfully) and asked for more

And still no sales for this year.......

All good though, short term pain for long term gain (hopefully)

Time will tell I suppose if I am doing the right thing
Hopefully the patience pays off. Getting an offer on a name should be encouraging in itself. Validates your purchasing ability (assuming the offer is more, the same as or at least near your purchase price).

•••
Hopefully the patience pays off. Getting an offer on a name should be encouraging in itself. Validates your purchasing ability (assuming the offer is more, the same as or at least near your purchase price).
Exactly - I can wait........

but those renewals don't pay themselves and it would be nice to get to self sufficiency sooner rather than later :xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back