IT.COM

discuss How Much Support Do You Provide with the Sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Auto Blog City

Established Member
Impact
How much support, if any, do you provide with the sale of a domain?

I have been trying to offer as much as needed, but lately, I have been getting complete beginners asking questions about everything from how to register at GoDaddy to which host to use to how to set up a website.

Not only does it take forever, some really like to argue about details if they don't like my answer. I give them options for hosting, they want to fight about it, and then decide they don't want the domain if I won't give them better choices. For the hosting, I don't really care who they big, if they get a host at all, but it gets frustrating over a $10 domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You don't provide support after the sale. Once the transfer is complete, it's done. I often help someone if they have a question, but it's not expected.

•••
What you talking about Willis? You sold a domain, not a business, once sale closes, it's not your problem.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back