NameLot

How I made $8k+ selling brandables... (and how much it cost me !)

Labeled as sales in General Domain Discussion, started by HDmarketing, Apr 2, 2018

Replies:
Views:

1. Foggy

Foggy Established Member

I understand you did not acquire invented brandables exclusively; I was saying that 3,000 domains is a lot to acquire in three years regardless of what they are.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. HDmarketing

HDmarketing Top Contributor VIP

Hi all,
    little update. I sold 2 new brandables, both through Brandroot, a few days after I created this thread. So the balance is even more in favor of Brandroot now :

6) Results (updated)

These are the results, some of the names have been listed for 2 years now (started dec 2015 but seriously in feb 2016).

Brandroot : 144 names listed / 7 names sold
    • Kitono: $2,990, got $1,993 after commission. Held 7 months. Handreged because easy to spell CVCVCV with repeating "o"'s.
    • Vamaza: $1,290, got $901 after commission. Held 10 months. Handreged CVCVCV easy to remember with A's only.
    • ExoCode: $1,450, got $815 after commission. Held 1.5 years. Handreged because was an available combo for the word "Code" generated by my php generator.
    • Traverce: $1,625, got $896 after commission. Held 11 months. Handreged because was on a list of brandables previously listed on one of the platforms and I felt it had potential.
    • TradeViser: $2,995, got $1,855 after commission. Held 2.5 years. Handreged because was an available combo for the word "Trade" generated by my php generator.
    • DataMath: $2,395, got $1,435 after commission. Held 2.5 years. Handreged because was an available combo for the word "Data" generated by my php generator.
    • Motofi: $2,880, got $1,874 after commission. Held 2.5 years. Handreged because contained "Moto".
    So, if we take december 2015 as a starting date, in 2 and a half years I
    • Sold 7 names for $11,735
    • Payed in registrations + renewals + listing about $3,515
    I netted about $6k ($6,254)

Afternic / Public Whois : 200 names listed / 2 sold
    • Mokono: $500 direct offer, talked up to $900. Held 3 months. Got from Snapnames for $85 because I thought it was a good CVCVCV easy to remember with O's only.
    • Proofus: $1,475 Afternic BIN, got $1179 after commission. Held 8 months. Handreged because was on a list of brandables previously listed on one of the platforms and I felt it had potential.
    So in 2 and a half years I
    • Sold 2 names for $1,679
    • Payed in registrations + renewals + listing about $3,449
    I lost about $1,8k ($1,770)

3. damance

damance Top Contributor VIP

Is it possible to find all brandbucket/brandroot published domains in TXT file?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice