Dynadot

.IM Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have seen quite a few registered lately, has anyone got any comments on these names. What if there was a good keyword name, is it worth grabbing.

I believe its the Isle Of Man, but are people possibly going to use the "Instant Messaging" acronym for these domains??

Thanks for any advice??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's true, the odds that the sale will repeat are very slim. Especially in an 'exotic' extension.

•••

I was working on a banner for my personal home page (which needs serious overhauling and updating), and I discovered that profile.im (a masked redirect to the home page JenniferHome.com) had 829 hits this week.

Better traffic than some .coms I have.

I'm going to keep an eye on it -- it could be an aberration.

If the traffic looks steady, I'm going to create a better place to redirect it, like a sales page for my books.

•••

I was working on a banner for my personal home page (which needs serious overhauling and updating), and I discovered that profile.im (a masked redirect to the home page JenniferHome.com) had 829 hits this week.

Better traffic than some .coms I have.

I'm going to keep an eye on it -- it could be an aberration.

If the traffic looks steady, I'm going to create a better place to redirect it, like a sales page for my books.

I was right.

Two days ago, I switched the redirect to a new (more useful) page, and the traffic has switched to the new page -- 152 clicks so far, which is amazing for one page, a new one at that, and a .im.

I don't know if it's the right kind of traffic for selling my books, but it's been an interesting experiment. I definitely plan to hang on to it.

It certainly suggests that not all .im domains are equal. It also helps that "Profile im" is a high traffic term on its own (over 1,500,000 with "", over 1,500,000,000 without).

If this converts to more book sales, then I'll do a happy dance. If not, well, nothing lost.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Available 3 letter:

asp.im
sue.im
jug.im
exy.im
dux.im
ump.im
emo.im
hon.im
vom.im
urd.im
pox.im
ria.im
ahi.im
ghi.im
fug.im
rog.im
cay.im
hew.im
rib.im
bod.im
vol.im
ope.im
dah.im
afa.im
cks.im
ugh.im
tug.im
fud.im
wem.im
elm.im
coy.im
nid.im
vex.im
lox.im
bov.im
deg.im
nth.im
dau.im
gat.im
qat.im
tav.im
kaf.im
vau.im
waw.im
vav.im
bac.im
esh.im
pta.im
kop.im
pry.im
rag.im
neb.im
hie.im
woe.im
tog.im
rut.im
poi.im
oft.im
oaf.im
nob.im
nib.im
lye.im
gyp.im
fro.im
dun.im
dor.im
cud.im
cox.im
bey.im
wry.im
haw.im
lav.im
sov.im
wif.im
hir.im
eke.im
teh.im
tey.im
wey.im
pus.im
ill.im
fig.im
vum.im
dzo.im
awl.im
tia.im
aye.im
awn.im
yew.im
azo.im
ode.im
olf.im
omy.im
yob.im
ire.im
keg.im
nay.im
gib.im
fin.im
ipe.im
hoe.im
roe.im
oca.im
neg.im
zit.im
rub.im
hen.im
baa.im
cob.im
lid.im
wag.im
aal.im
lug.im
jaw.im
caw.im
dis.im
eel.im
ply.im
wok.im
dal.im
had.im
hid.im
oar.im
sew.im
sic.im
sot.im
bap.im
nut.im
yon.im
ile.im
jib.im
fop.im
hic.im

•••
There is a .im domain name for sale on Flippa (not mine).
Link
I am interested if there will be a successful sale!

•••
I wonder why people are registering some .io's at $100/each when a .im is 10 times cheaper..

•••
Maybe there is some kind of speculation...

•••
Got StartPage.im, sold some time ago Happy . im for 325€ and btw, im.im (not mine) is at 1,750$ on Flippa.

•••
Somebody have used the Buy it Now button for Im.Im
Sold by Buy It Now
$13,997
link

•••
Also according domainnamenexus.com - Inn.Im have been sold for $1,800,000
Did not heared about this sale?
64. inn.im – $1,800,000

•••
I wonder why people are registering some .io's at $100/each when a .im is 10 times cheaper..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input/output

•••
I know but IM is a tech term as well.

•••
Okay.. I am thinking to invest in .IM..
Is it still worth investing?

•••
•••
•••
Okay.. I am thinking to invest in .IM..
Is it still worth investing?

Unless you're very lucky, be prepared to hold on to your .IMs for a long time. If you really want to invest in .IM, my piece of advice would be to get a few names, but only the top 50 keywords and at reg fee.

•••
•••
•••
I do have some good im domains, but no luck. Well I didn't contact anyone...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back