Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

.im registrars?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

gwkg

Established Member
Impact
17
.im

Does anyone know where to register .im cheaper than https://www.nic.im/home.mth?

Does anyone own any .im or have any opinions?

Its governed by the Isle of Man.

I would there would be a lot of potential since IM is an abbreviation for internet/international marketing/media and instant messaging. There is also a $7000 sale for Mobile.im this year.

All opinions appreciated.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
moniker.com and name.com I beleave have good prices..

Don't invest in .im ;)
 
0
•••
I let Slots.im drop because of minimal interest and high renewal fees ;)
 
0
•••
Check the list of registrars at nic.im
Some are cheaper than the NIC itself but not all.
 
0
•••
0
•••
I use idotz.net for .IM names - $49.95 /year.
 
0
•••
Jeff said:
Member "cambkey" listed and discussed his .IM's here back in '06, IMHO ... including Mobile.im - thought this thread might provide some additional information and an historical perspective! :gl: :imho:
Has the sale of Mobile.im been reported ... and confirmed as having closed? :talk:

Thread: http://www.namepros.com/domain-appr...r-premium-im-related.html?highlight=Mobile.im

Best of Luck.
-Jeff B-)

yup. sold last month for $7,000. Sheep in pen.

I sold 4 other .im for mid $xxx to low $x,xxx.
Also dropped a few that have subsequently been picked up up by instant messaging start ups e.g. social.im

the renewals at nic.im are $80 a pop and sales fees at Sedo and Afternic can take a chunk too, so you need to pretty sure your regging a high $xxx and above name to make it worthwhile. A couple of duds can take away your profit. Still, I'm not complaining as I have a couple more up my sleeve :)
 
0
•••
cambkey said:
yup. sold last month for $7,000. Sheep in pen.

I sold 4 other .im for mid $xxx to low $x,xxx.
Also dropped a few that have subsequently been picked up up by instant messaging start ups e.g. social.im

the renewals at nic.im are $80 a pop and sales fees at Sedo and Afternic can take a chunk too, so you need to pretty sure your regging a high $xxx and above name to make it worthwhile. A couple of duds can take away your profit. Still, I'm not complaining as I have a couple more up my sleeve :)

^ Straight from the horse's mouth! :tu: :imho:

Hopefuly good insight ... for those interested in the .IM, IMHO. :gl:
Thanks, cambkey!
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
.jd. said:
moniker.com and name.com I beleave have good prices..

Don't invest in .im ;)


name.com is $160.95
moniker is $52

Absent any other suggestions, I will use moniker.

Thanks for the input!
 
0
•••
$52 at Moniker

Just regged Messages.im at Moniker for $52. Since messages kinda goes with "Instant Messaging" , I hope this is a good one. We will see.

Other .im sales from www.Namebio.com

mobile.im $7,000 2008-01-24 AfterNic.com
sale.im $1,470 2008-01-06 SEDO.com
boobs.im $160 2007-11-11 SEDO.com
gay.im $1,033 2007-10-19 SEDO.com
sms.im $999 2007-09-28 SEDO.com
my.im $1,796 2007-04-24 Sedo
mobi.im $160 2007-03-19 Sedo
blackjack.im $280 2007-01-25 Sedo
musl.im $200 2007-01-12 Sedo
otto.im $645 2007-01-05 Sedo

Frank
 
Last edited:
0
•••
@Frank:

I have checked your list of reported .im sales and guess what - not one single name developed, they are either parked or inactive. I think the market for .im is very narrow and the few known acquisitions seem speculative to me. Caveat emptor.
I have just one (properties.im).
 
0
•••
Only one

Kath said:
@Frank:

I have checked your list of reported .im sales and guess what - not one single name developed, they are either parked or inactive. I think the market for .im is very narrow and the few known acquisitions seem speculative to me. Caveat emptor.
I have just one (properties.im).

Same here, messages.im is my only one. I won't invest in .im anymore, until I see some good sales!

Frank
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back