IT.COM

IGN.com for sale!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Wow, I can't believe it.
Looky here

Maybe the new owner can turn the tables and actually make IGN useful!
Muahahaha.

Dang huh?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Reports say the company is looking to sell for nearly $850 million, and may go public. Great Hill partners purchased IGN in 2003 for $26 million.

D-: Now that's what I call profit!

It's pretty interesting, IMHO.

Thanks for the link Andy :tu: !

True_Snake

•••
No problem TS ;).

We should start a NP$ betting contest to try and guess how long it will take to sell. Talk about a major for-sale-price markup, but as you said - it's a hella lot of profit for the current owners.

•••
Wow bought it for 26 mil seeling for 850 mil-- thats a turn around!

•••
woooooooow thats a lot off money to even be thinking about.

•••
Wow, that would be a nice turn around on a $26 million dollar investment. IGN is such a huge network, with so much content...It will be interesting to see what they can get for it.

Tom

•••
I put in an offer for $29 million.

Waiting to hear back.

:lol:

ST

•••
maybe microsoft will buy it, take out all the console stuff except for X-BOX lol

•••
As long as CNET, Yahoo, or Microsoft don't buy it, we know it can't get any worse. :p

•••
AndyM3 said:
As long as CNET, Yahoo, or Microsoft don't buy it, we know it can't get any worse. :p

You forgot...Google...heh

•••
LOL might have to search around for a few extra bucks to buy it :)

•••
Thanks for the link, now you got me thinking into buying it. Hhhm. :)

•••
•••
Hopefully someone can make it better but I use gamespot anyway so I don't really care.

•••
•••
Does anyone interested in chipping in around $10 bucks....*LOL*

•••
Whoa, I really didn't expect that. Well whoever buys it, the previous IGN owners will have quite a bit of cash off their previous company. Thanks for sharing the news with us! :tu:

•••
if microsoft buys it and suddely gamespy crashes, then you know what happend :P

•••
I wonder if someone else buys it, if the memberships will be effected?
I know a few people who pay to belong to IGN - I wonder if anything will happen with their accounts? I kinda doubt it though - why would a new owner want to ruin the reputation of a popular site like that?

•••
I don't think it will sell for that much - it would be nice but it won't happen

Nick

•••
why would you say they are asknig too much or it is a good profit. first thing is you dont know how much the current company has spent developing the site to grow its user base etc to make it worth $850 million. NVL i believe it wont sell for that, but maybe closer to the $600 million dollar mark. shuold be interesting to see what happens, i just contacted my bank and they said that they wont loan me that much money, oh well, maybe next time.

•••
:o Thats a huge ammount! Hmmm, maybe I could try and sell my site for that much.

http://www.devforums.co.uk/ UP FOR SALE, Starting bid $2.5mil BIN $400mil
Any one interested?

•••
martian2k4 said:
:o Thats a huge ammount! Hmmm, maybe I could try and sell my site for that much.

http://www.devforums.co.uk/ UP FOR SALE, Starting bid $2.5mil BIN $400mil
Any one interested?

So you have stats ahhaha LOL

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back