Dynadot

discuss If You Had $10... What You Register?

NameSilo
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
If you had $10 USD to spend, what would you register? .com, .biz, .org, .net, .co, .info, other?
Why?

Remember, you can register more than 1 if you can afford it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Definitely a .com
I would invest some hours among dropped lists and I'd find something I could flip quickly for a profit; even a small one.

Last edited:
•••
.Club, .Work

I'd find .Club on sale for $1.50... buy 3.. and then buy a few quality .Work names.

•••
llll biz...

sell in a few weeks....

•••
Good question. A few months ago I would have said a gtld, but after reading and watching the "pros" I'd definitely look for a cheap .com to flip first.
Short and brandable .com names seem to be the surest bet.

•••
I spend almost every $10 on .com. So nothing will change. 98% of my portfolio is .com

•••
2 LLLL.biz and pocket $2.

The buyout is occurring on the same fashion as .org, and we all see how much those are worth less than a week after only Chips sold.

•••
I would register one .biz and the rest buy two .top.

•••
2 macchiatos made with whole milk.

•••
I would register a two word .com that makes sense and has at least three end users and try to sell it for a few hundred.

$10 isn't enough to risk on investments such as "chips."

•••
I would register a two word .com that makes sense and has at least three end users and try to sell it for a few hundred.

$10 isn't enough to risk on investments such as "chips."

Say that to the folks who purchased net and org LLLL chips.

•••
I would have gone for a .com .
It's the safest bet among all.
There are 122 million .com registrations. There must be some reason behind it.

•••
Whatever is trending...... i got in pretty late, so i kinda treat domains like I do penny stocks. You have to figure out your entry/exit points. Have a strategy. Don't be greedy, but don't leave too much on the table either. You have to figure out your own personal comfort zones/thresholds.

•••
Definitely, a Chinese Premium LLLLL .com ! :xf.wink:

•••
•••
There are newbies that read this forum daily for advice and direction. Some who have only $10 to invest.

Is this the message we want to send to them? Register a .biz and .info, really?

We know you guys most likely hold strong positions in those spaces but let's not force a "buyout," let it happen naturally.

Some own 1000+ chips, when the buyout happens, they will make a fortune. What does the newbie make? $20 or so. When they can buy a solid name and possibly make hundreds or thousands, even a name with dev potential.

A chip limits you, no dev potential and it has 0 chance of selling to an end user.

•••
Yes, especially if all they have is 10. A newbie is bound to make mistakes and register crappy domains; check the appraisal section. That's basically a newbie throwing away 10, when they can double down, earn $20 and follow this advice on 2 names at a later time when they obtain the proper knowledge to register something half decent.
A chip limits you, no dev potential and it has 0 chance of selling to an end user.
0 end user potential, risky, but very high reward investment potential

If you want to soar with the eagles you can't hoot with the owls

Last edited:
•••
There are newbies that read this forum daily for advice and direction. Some who have only $10 to invest.

We know you guys most likely hold strong positions in those spaces but let's not force a "buyout," let it happen naturally.

Some own 1000+ chips, when the buyout happens, they will make a fortune. What does the newbie make? $20 or so. When they can buy a solid name and possibly make hundreds or thousands, even a name with dev potential.

I like your view on this. However, you have to decide if you are gonna be a volume or a gross person. Either strategy is fine. I don't see a reason to knock anyone for making 2-3x or more on their money. Volume is more tedious, but in any industry, it works.

•••
I was thinking along the same lines as vickyhunter and would definitely only register a .com if I had to make a $10 investment grow.

Interesting to see so many opinions on biz, top, club, info ...certainly interesting domaining times!

•••
The OP is asking what we will register if we had $10 to invest, he is not asking advice what he should register. Correct me if I am wrong.

I will definitely buy a .com! :)

Reason: Because it needs no proof why it's best. ;)

Last edited:
•••
A 9N with repeating triples, something like 108108108

•••
Whatever is trending...... i got in pretty late, so i kinda treat domains like I do penny stocks. You have to figure out your entry/exit points. Have a strategy. Don't be greedy, but don't leave too much on the table either. You have to figure out your own personal comfort zones/thresholds.

Wow... I just have to say this is one of the deepest responses to a "what would you do with $10" post. I was not emotionally ready or expecting it as I read down through. You can't just be dropping philosophical bombs about overall investment strategy in posts about using $10.
... Just sayin'. ;) :)

As for me, I actually did reg a few LLLL.biz today because, well, why not. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

•••
A 9N with repeating triples, something like 108108108

Um yeah... But you can't get one of these for $10 anymore... At least I don't think so.

They're all reg'd... Your example one was reg'd in 2009. ;)
... Though maybe someone would sell you one with 0's or 4's for $10. :)
Not me, mind you... but someone. Maybe......

•••
I'll register 3 .co at namecheap. Chinese investors registering chips silently and almost half of the chips already gone as of yesterday.

•••
Um yeah... But you can't get one of these for $10 anymore... At least I don't think so.

They're all reg'd... Your example one was reg'd in 2009. ;)
... Though maybe someone would sell you one with 0's or 4's for $10. :)
Not me, mind you... but someone. Maybe......

There are plenty of 9N's with decent patterns out there, i did check the whois after posting,however
~
180280380 .......828666888 .... 008181008 700900800..... available now

Last edited:
•••
Back