IT.COM

discuss If You Had $10... What You Register?

NameSilo
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
If you had $10 USD to spend, what would you register? .com, .biz, .org, .net, .co, .info, other?
Why?

Remember, you can register more than 1 if you can afford it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
2 macchiatos made with whole milk.

•••
Definitely a .com
I would invest some hours among dropped lists and I'd find something I could flip quickly for a profit; even a small one.

Last edited:
•••
There are newbies that read this forum daily for advice and direction. Some who have only $10 to invest.

Is this the message we want to send to them? Register a .biz and .info, really?

We know you guys most likely hold strong positions in those spaces but let's not force a "buyout," let it happen naturally.

Some own 1000+ chips, when the buyout happens, they will make a fortune. What does the newbie make? $20 or so. When they can buy a solid name and possibly make hundreds or thousands, even a name with dev potential.

A chip limits you, no dev potential and it has 0 chance of selling to an end user.

•••
Yes, especially if all they have is 10. A newbie is bound to make mistakes and register crappy domains; check the appraisal section. That's basically a newbie throwing away 10, when they can double down, earn $20 and follow this advice on 2 names at a later time when they obtain the proper knowledge to register something half decent.
A chip limits you, no dev potential and it has 0 chance of selling to an end user.
0 end user potential, risky, but very high reward investment potential

If you want to soar with the eagles you can't hoot with the owls

Last edited:
•••
I would register a two word .com that makes sense and has at least three end users and try to sell it for a few hundred.

$10 isn't enough to risk on investments such as "chips."

•••
If I just had $10 to invest, I would invest that money in a value meal and save the $5 for a value meal tomorrow IMO. :)

•••
2 LLLL.biz and pocket $2.

The buyout is occurring on the same fashion as .org, and we all see how much those are worth less than a week after only Chips sold.

•••
Whatever is trending...... i got in pretty late, so i kinda treat domains like I do penny stocks. You have to figure out your entry/exit points. Have a strategy. Don't be greedy, but don't leave too much on the table either. You have to figure out your own personal comfort zones/thresholds.

•••
An e-book from one of the pros on how to do this.

Domainers are tight wads, I offered my ebook for free for about two years, over 500 downloads (from memory) and not one thank you, put a token $1.99 on it and not one sale, plenty of sample downloads but just for fun I will make free again for a week .......maybe it's just crap, This was done a few years ago with an update last year. Anyways here's the link ......domain name investing

•••
Is it just me or doesn't this sound like a really good idea and strategy even if you had more than $10? :-D :) *halo*
That's exactly how I started domaining a few months ago.

Had around $100, reg'd a few brandables, got them almost all approved to BB, sold them for 2.5% of their suggested price and tripled my money.

Invested this in better domains and repeated and I'm now holding some liquid domains of an actual total value of around $3K and some other domains for long term investment. Hope to continue in this path with the money I'll earn from these liquid domains.

Last edited:
•••
It was available bro, I would recommend you to visit "in forum .in " spaces have been given so that to not give backlinks.
It was available till September. You can visit their threads.

Many things were available in .......September (ah the good ole days)

•••
I spend almost every $10 on .com. So nothing will change. 98% of my portfolio is .com

•••
Whatever is trending...... i got in pretty late, so i kinda treat domains like I do penny stocks. You have to figure out your entry/exit points. Have a strategy. Don't be greedy, but don't leave too much on the table either. You have to figure out your own personal comfort zones/thresholds.

Wow... I just have to say this is one of the deepest responses to a "what would you do with $10" post. I was not emotionally ready or expecting it as I read down through. You can't just be dropping philosophical bombs about overall investment strategy in posts about using $10.
... Just sayin'. ;) :)

As for me, I actually did reg a few LLLL.biz today because, well, why not. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

•••
I started domaining a few months ago. Since then I have invested only 16$. Now I keep investing from what I have earned from the 6N.com business . In other words I just followed the big guys saying that 6N is the future before anyone else. That's my advice, wait for the next trend ,which will be supported from the big guys buying in bulk. A few months ago I would tell you to Reg a 5L.com, but now almost all of the premiums are gone. If you want to try your luck, go for a chip LLLL.biz or a 5N.co without 4 or 0 , a 3$ investment.

•••
I would register a two word .com that makes sense and has at least three end users and try to sell it for a few hundred.

$10 isn't enough to risk on investments such as "chips."

Say that to the folks who purchased net and org LLLL chips.

•••
Definitely, a Chinese Premium LLLLL .com ! :xf.wink:

•••
There are newbies that read this forum daily for advice and direction. Some who have only $10 to invest.

We know you guys most likely hold strong positions in those spaces but let's not force a "buyout," let it happen naturally.

Some own 1000+ chips, when the buyout happens, they will make a fortune. What does the newbie make? $20 or so. When they can buy a solid name and possibly make hundreds or thousands, even a name with dev potential.

I like your view on this. However, you have to decide if you are gonna be a volume or a gross person. Either strategy is fine. I don't see a reason to knock anyone for making 2-3x or more on their money. Volume is more tedious, but in any industry, it works.

•••
I'll register 3 .co at namecheap. Chinese investors registering chips silently and almost half of the chips already gone as of yesterday.

•••
An e-book from one of the pros on how to do this.

•••
If I only had $10
I would find a coupon code or a deal somewhere and come up with two really good brandable domains that would make brandbucket.

And sell them and flip the money into something else..

•••
Who said your strategy doesn't sound good? He said the complete opposite! It is a good strategy.

•••
.Club, .Work

I'd find .Club on sale for $1.50... buy 3.. and then buy a few quality .Work names.

•••
llll biz...

sell in a few weeks....

•••
Good question. A few months ago I would have said a gtld, but after reading and watching the "pros" I'd definitely look for a cheap .com to flip first.
Short and brandable .com names seem to be the surest bet.

•••
I would register one .biz and the rest buy two .top.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back