IT.COM

If GoDaddy dies

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have most of my domains at godaddy. If today this site was closed down for whatever reason how would I be able to access my domain names for parking, selling and transfers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's funny how everybody said that it's actually your domain. Once I was with RegisterFly and somehow they just took away my domain from my account, they said it was theirs. Also they said I would have to pay the registration fee again even though I had it for two years. They finally did give it back without any trouble, I sure did complain though. That was the days of Live Support of course.

•••
kjmz said:
It's funny how everybody said that it's actually your domain. Once I was with RegisterFly and somehow they just took away my domain from my account, they said it was theirs. Also they said I would have to pay the registration fee again even though I had it for two years. They finally did give it back without any trouble, I sure did complain though. That was the days of Live Support of course.

That is awful :o

I just thought that was the law. You legally pay for something, it is yours :|

•••
Well, if the register closes would they shut down all your domain names and you could just reg them at another register.....

•••
JoshHendo said:
Well, if the register closes would they shut down all your domain names and you could just reg them at another register.....

I dont think so am sure that once you have bought them (no matter where from), they are yours until the time you sell, push or they run out :-/

•••
kjmz said:
It's funny how everybody said that it's actually your domain. Once I was with RegisterFly and somehow they just took away my domain from my account, they said it was theirs. Also they said I would have to pay the registration fee again even though I had it for two years.

You mean even if i have registered for a domain and pay for it the domain still belongs to the registrar and not mine? :-/

•••
Fleege said:
Kinda due to Ikea-like smart business moves. Well Ikea dont do skin boobjob superbowl commercials so I guess The kampwar guy has something learn from Bob.

The founder of IKEA is Ingvar Kamprad, not Kampwar. :hehe:

Trivia, IKEA is actually a acronym for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd (Elmtaryd Agunnaryd = a small swedish town where it all started!)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back