IT.COM

If GoDaddy dies

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have most of my domains at godaddy. If today this site was closed down for whatever reason how would I be able to access my domain names for parking, selling and transfers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Godaddy will never die, its immortal

•••
I think what the guy means is that what it some registrar would stop letting their users have access to their domains; how would he regain access to them?

•••
Through the court ofcourse

•••
Domain is still yours but do not know how to manage your account!

•••
vip-ip said:
I think what the guy means is that what it some registrar would stop letting their users have access to their domains; how would he regain access to them?

All woman here :hearts:
Yes thats what I mean its great now click on godaddy and can do everything but if it wasn't there where would I go?

•••
worldstar said:
Domain is still yours but do not know how to manage your account!
Then he is a noob in the field...he can surely have an attorney and let him do the business

•••
xyris said:
Then he is a noob in the field...he can surely have an attorney and let him do the business

Me a noob :sick:

There must me a findyourlostdomain.com :bingo:

•••
xyris said:
Godaddy will never die, its immortal

I hope you're right, because otherwise I'd be in bigtime trouble :)

•••
ThreeD said:
I hope you're right, because otherwise I'd be in bigtime trouble :)
I only have 2 domains with them, but i still think they are very good

•••
The most likely scenario would be ICANN stepping in and appointing another registrar to take over the affected domains. There won't be a shortage of volunteers, if it comes to that. However, there is bound to be a transitional period during which the domains could not be managed by anyone. Some domains might even expire during this period and dropped, which would make fo all kinds of mess.

•••
if godaddy ever dies, there will be major chaos in the domaining world. lol. as for your question, i'm sure there will be a way. oh great. i don't sound very helpful.

•••
GO Daddy can never die...we will not let it die!!

M i rite!?

•••
So many people want to register domain to make a profit makes godaddy not die! :hehe:

•••
Oh I hope not :hearts:

But my question still remains if, and its a big if it dies I guess there is nowhere I can access my domain details instantly :hehe:

•••
I understand your concern but, Dont worry!
I'm sure there were many Companies interested in Godaddy...
So, all costumer information will remain intact. :)
Anyway, GoMommy its mine! :lol: j/k

•••
godaddy is very frugal. (sometimes to their own dismay as in jumping on Affiliate M like 4 years too late) They dont like to waste money. They will stay around. I wasnt very sure about them 3 years ago when their competitors were dropping like flies but they are the darling of the internet these days. Kinda due to Ikea-like smart business moves. Well Ikea dont do skin boobjob superbowl commercials so I guess The kampwar guy has something learn from Bob. dont worry they wont dissappear an dthe biz is bigger than any player and you will be taken care of whatever happen.

Mark my words anno 2005 - VII - IIXX

•••
Part of the ICANN certification process is submitting your plan to handle having to close.

•••
i dont think godaddy is going anywhere =)

but if they do... ill deal with it then

•••
mvannote said:
i dont think godaddy is going anywhere =)

but if they do... ill deal with it then

Pleased to hear it B-)

•••
i think where is always way to deal with this issue thru cort. But anyway, this is a reason why i dont buy domains from cheap and newborn registrar.

•••
going a bit further...

What if a domain owner dies? Have you all taken precautions to have your domains maintained and looked after?
Is there anybody who has got access to your passwords?

GoDaddy would not dissapear from one day to another...it seems useless to even think about it.

•••
Got to say I had thought about this :| Its lucky at the mo because I dont have anything of much value :D but if you droppped down dead tomorrow would anyone know what to look for or is it just YOUR hobby :tri:

•••
i just imagine. To Go to lawyer and to tell him you will:
I want to leave all of my domains to ------------ after i die. Username is this Password is that. Something new in willing. 8-X

•••
gugush said:
i just imagine. To Go to lawyer and to tell him you will:
I want to leave all of my domains to ------------ after i die. Username is this Password is that. Something new in willing. 8-X
:yell: lol but???

some people I am sure have some very, very good sites sitting and just waiting but does anyone else know about them :hehe:

ok new biz in my pm anyone who wishes to leave me a list of their available domains with details I am only charging small $NP fees :hearts: :yell:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back