Dynadot

question I sell much more on Sedo than Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

These days I sell more on sedo than afternic.
Before it was around 90% on afternic and 10% on sedo, but now it's maybe 70% on sedo and 30% afternic.

Any idea ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have you changed the landers you use?

•••
•••
I like Sedo but when I put a description on a domain it changes all the descriptions to the same description for all my domains. Anyone else have this problem ?

•••
I like Sedo but when I put a description on a domain it changes all the descriptions to the same description for all my domains. Anyone else have this problem ?

There is a checkbox below the description where it says that it will apply this description to all your domains. I am guessing you have checked this box by mistake.

•••
I think I did do it by accident once but then unchecked it but it was still doing it. I will look into it more closely today, cheers.

•••
Hello,

Before it was around 90% on afternic and 10% on sedo, but now it's maybe 70% on sedo and 30% afternic.

Any idea ?

days? lol u need to take stats lke these over months... not days...else it means nothing.

•••
what lander do you use? I know you said you didn't change anything, I am wondering if you send to sedo or afternic?

•••
Hello,

Any idea ?
how many names are you talking about?

Sedo have improved by a lot this year tho. I am selling like 2 names a month there

•••
what lander do you use? I know you said you didn't change anything, I am wondering if you send to sedo or afternic?
dan, no sedo landers

•••
how many names are you talking about?

Sedo have improved by a lot this year tho. I am selling like 2 names a month there
a lot of...
The problem is maybe somewhere with godaddy's customers... that's 90% of afternic sales...

•••
a lot of...
The problem is maybe somewhere with godaddy's customers... that's 90% of afternic sales...
And Median price?

•••
The whole thing started after Namecheap Prioritising Sedo feed over namecheap and NC sells a lot of names

Maybe check how many names are getting sold via namecheap.

•••
•••
The whole thing started after Namecheap Prioritising Sedo feed over namecheap and NC sells a lot of names

Maybe check how many names are getting sold via namecheap.
oh, since when do they prioritise sedo, i have a lot of sales with namecheap partner.
Maybe godaddy is not so great these days...

•••
I doubt anyone here will have the experience you have that sedo does better than afternic even if namecheap redirected their whole site to sedo.

Domain sales have been slow, offers low, deadbeat offers too, so I'm glad you are seeing any movement.

•••
oh, since when do they prioritise sedo, i have a lot of sales with namecheap partner.
Maybe godaddy is not so great these days...
Not really. Namecheap discounts Sedo Listed names so if I have listed names on Sedo and Afternic, Namecheap will show it as cheaper than other Afternic partners like godaddy, so for $500 names, people are buying from namecheap for the 5% discount i am sure.

Try searching for your names on namecheap vs godaddy and you will understand what I say.

Sedo usually sells me 5K names for me, so I am also happy lol

•••
Another sale from sedo/namecheap Maybe namecheap sent an emailing to previous buyer requests...

•••
•••
Another sale sedo/namecheap , there is definitely something strange

•••
Another sale sedo/namecheap , there is definitely something strange
Isn't this the story of your domaining life, strange unexplainable events? Recently you reported that when you send traffic to a dan lander it got you 0 sales but when you first sent it to bodis you got 2 sales.

I hope you play the powerball this weekend if you can, you might be the first person to somehow win it twice (y)

•••
Hello,

Any idea ?
Mostly .com domains or a variety of extensions?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Any idea ?

That's interesting to know even though you aren't using Sedo landers.

I'm using Afternic landers and make rarely a sale through Sedo compared to Afternic. Currently having 7,800+ domains listed at both platforms with BIN pricing.

•••
Isn't this the story of your domaining life, strange unexplainable events? Recently you reported that when you send traffic to a dan lander it got you 0 sales but when you first sent it to bodis you got 2 sales.

I hope you play the powerball this weekend if you can, you might be the first person to somehow win it twice (y)
By the end I think, these 2 first sales were made before changind dns to afternic, as after, i saw that when i put price requests on my domains first 10 price requested were made from the part that staid on dan, not on bodis landers.

I dont play powerbal, look to this screenshot of my last sedo sales, you'll see these days, something changed : https://prnt.sc/bTYwnwG83lMV
near to all last sales were with sedo/namecheap

Mostly .com domains or a variety of extensions?

Thanks
.com

That's interesting to know even though you aren't using Sedo landers.

I'm using Afternic landers and make rarely a sale through Sedo compared to Afternic. Currently having 7,800+ domains listed at both platforms with BIN pricing.
As I said, normally, it's around 1 sale on sedo for 10 sales on afternic. (my landers are on dan)

•••
I can confirm increased sales @ Sedo. I do not list much on this platform, so my data alone would not be statistically significant, but, in light of this thread - YES, something positive happens @ Sedo.

Why is this?

In no particular order /pure speculation actually/:

a) changed conditions for external partners /vs. Afternic/, what if it is now more profitable to sell Sedo domains?

b) experiments @ GoDaddy - what if they display less Afternic domains for example...

c) moon phases OR solar eclipses (like the one of 10/25)

•••
Back