IT.COM

discuss I have a .com domain name for my online business, why I need a some word .net domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can you please restate the question?

•••
Most people (mainly big businesses) will register as many different extensions as popular to protect their brand. Think about YouTube for example.. YouTube doesn't want someone typing in YouTube.net only to hit a parked page with ads on it..Yet, hundreds or thousands of people probably do it everyday. By registering every extension it gives them the ability to forward all that traffic to their real website.

Most new businesses don't really need to register all extensions unless it's some kind of short or brandable name (in my opinion)

•••
Save brand from spam / fake website / traffic stealing / identity theft etc

•••
Presumimg this is the same name as your .com domain, the most important thing would be if you were concerned about brand protection.

•••
Peace of Mind > Price of .NET

I buy cctld also :) Lesson learnt few years ago when cctld of one of my .com was regd by someone.

If your business is make profit of more than price of .net and .cctld, it is worth it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back