NameSilo

I grabbed the name, and now they're screaming "VICTIM"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KingDon

Mr Big StuffVIP Member
Impact
OK let me set he stage. Two weeks ago I picked up a name I thought sounded interesting. I like brandable names and got a gut feeling about it when I saw this one. I did a little research on it and found there were a few prominent people who have this name. Well after I put my for sale sign up, the old owner has come crying foul. Now there's no trademark and I couldn't even find any reference to his old site in the archives or search engines. He has no Internet business that is built around the name, so I'm not destroying his lifes work. I just have something now that he once owned, and you don't know what you got, till it's gone.

In his first e-mail he offered me $25 to sell him the name back; explaining to me that I would make "4" times my investment, and that was a great opportunity for me to seize. I told him I had a buyer for $2500 and that he was more than welcome to match the offer; and the first payment through Escrow.com would get the name. He then e-mailed me that no one else would want the name and that he registered a different extension; and he went further to add that I could keep the name now because it was useless (5 year old reverse psychology). I then wished him luck with the other extension he registered,and further added that it was unfortunate he didn't take my e-mail serious about me having another buyer for the name and I would have it sold by Friday (5 1/2 year old reverse psychology).

Well as most of you have guessed, Friday has passed and I didn't sell the name. I knew this was going to happen, because I haven't even started to market the name and only had one other inquiry. I also knew he would be back, there seems to be a sequence to this dance and I'm a really good dancer. There is an issue here with where this guy is located; he's in Iran and I'm here in the states. I'm not sure if I'm even legally allowed to do business with this dude. Any way he sent me an e-mail this morning and I thought you guys would enjoy reading the sophisticated writings of my angry "friend" in Iran while having your Saturday morning coffee,

“I can trust you as far as I could throw you”…Have you heard that before?-My friend. Yes my friend I call you since I LIKE YOUR SPIRIT OF CURIOUSITY! But trusting is a matter totally different from liking or not.

Let’s say I pay and do what you tell me, “How could I MAKE SURE I WON’T END UP WHERE I AM NOW?

So with all due respect and a little common sense I believe we could both resolve the matter in a civilized fashion.

There are two issues at hand; 1- How you get my domain back to me safely? & 2- How to pay you a reward for such civilized form of …..well what should we call it, ”stealing?” Oh yaw I believe so. But it’s all so cool to me. Just there is no guarantee that after paying you I would definitely get my domain name from you. Escrow.com is no Jesus Christ and nor is somebody who spends time on making problems and asks for ransomed to get you out of it. It reminds me of Al Capone and his protection plans for local Chicago business people…

Let’s leave the shitt! I was telling you I could pay you without a
problem for reasonable price and a sure way that I get this domain. I suggest that you first get the name back to its original and legitimate owner, then I’ll send $100 U.S. to such a good boy like you. That’s exactly the way I look at it all.

Just one simple Yes or No would definitely do.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would tell him to pound sand..........

•••
Originally posted by doubledee999
I would tell him to pound sand..........

And considering his location that should keep him busy for awhile.

•••
the guy is a bully and a bad loser. the two usually go hand in hand. it's a good question about whether you could legally do business with him in the first place, but it sounds like you are so far apart that it isn't really the issue right now.

I would seriously write him back, tell him you appreciate his interest but have your own development plans for the name, and if he wants to make a serious offer that he is already aware of your terms.

Under no circumstances do business with someone in another country without using a service such as escrow.com

•••
Its usual for buyer that he pays first, and then seller must transfer it. If there is no trust between buyer and seller, then the best solution is to use Escrow.

As i see this case, guy just wants to make fool out of you.

Listen my advice:
When you get the money, transfer it. No money, no transfer.

•••
I don't need the sale, and I'm not even going to answer his last e-mail. He wants a yes or no, I'll give him niether and let him stew in his own juices. I always use escrow.com for anything over $500, they are the best, and they send the check right out. I had a good laugh at the part where he wants me to give him the name and then he'll pay me, that is so funny!

Don

•••
There's one in every bunch.
I wouldn't deal with this moron.
Cheers!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back