Dynadot

domain i.cab THE FUTURE OF DRIVERLESS CABS

NameSilo
Watch

usamam

Established Member
Impact
Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?
—Macworld, 2004

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i dont want to sell it, i purchased it myself, but i need $$$ :) so this is one digital asset that i can forgo

•••
Yes, i might keep this to use it later and develop uber like app for cab drivers and people who want to travel with professional cab drivers

If you really not in need of money urgently, feel its worth more & bright future potential, its good to hold.
List in Sedo with Make Offer & wait .
If the extension starts seeing more enduser companies, then you can mint money.

•••
How about putting up my own independent Parking page, with a end-user targetted SEO?

•••
You cannot compete with Uber, its not just to develop an app and hope for the best when competing with giants. It won't work. Three figures are nothing to companies backed by the silicon valley network but significant to you says it all. You must realize a buyer might never come for this type of domain and if you can't afford to hold, either try to reach out to the right people or just get rid of it in the reseller market. Domainers let this pass by for a reason.

•••
Hold if you have money, sell for $5000 if not.

•••
The name is easy to catch, like iphone, iwatch, its icab :)
Holding this can even turn out to be the best thing ever, because just like google is working on automated cabs, apple will wait till the technology is matured enough on google's R&D cost and come up with a sleek and futuristic apple style iCab someday. Steve jobs i love you!

•••
@usamam Keep in your mind your domain is not "iCab", it's "i DOT cab", and it's quite different.

•••
•••
True, @usamam Try getting iCab.com because Apple would prefer iCab.com over i dot cab.

imo
we are talking about 2016 here, back in good old days 14.4kpbs modem was used to connect to the internet, then came a 56k modem with a different dialup soud good to ears, "shorter" duration, and being 3x the speed, do you even know what gopher is and what happened to it? MIRC was the most popular social software, who uses it now? ICQ? people were trading icq ids matching their phone numbers, those services dont even exist anymore, they are replaced by things which are compact, precise, to the point and modern at the same time.

We are talking about driverless cars you can order from your phone. Wont apple feel jealous people using google cab app on iphone? why did google buy .app? to hijack app store queries? Apple is gonna goto tesla and get the most fucking awesome peace of machine that anybody has ever witnessed on face of this ancient planet. to ride an iCab limited edition would be ultimate desire of man and woman, whose gonna witness the launch video.

Would they go to apple.com/icab/limited-edition.html or i.cab/limited-edition ?

Do you think apple will not be interested in securing the brand even if they dont plan to launch the brand ever, spending a few million for them to secure such a masterpiece in domain name industry would definitely give them satisfaction that they are still smart after steve jobs passed away

•••
FYI - Black.Car (which I think is better than i.Cab) sold only for $1500 on Flippa - +$1000 below the reg fee. My opinion is, if you can still close on that $5000 offer, you should. Or, just pay the renewal and pray for a bigger offer within a couple years.

•••
FYI - Black.Car (which I think is better than i.Cab) sold only for $1500 on Flippa - +$1000 below the reg fee. My opinion is, if you can still close on that $5000 offer, you should. Or, just pay the renewal and pray for a bigger offer within a couple years.
@usamam , as you can see everybody is telling you the same: low your expectations about this domain.

•••
This one is funny, I don't want to sell. but I need the money, hence I will put up a parking page, and watch the dollars roll in.

You need a reality check when you sign up for big renewal domains, in a few months you will owe another $500 to play another year.

Then you have to find a buyer, and find a way to break the news to them, that they are on the hook for $500 a year, along with the thousands they have to pay you, then you have to hope they don't back out.

Good luck

•••
we are talking about 2016 here, back in good old days 14.4kpbs modem was used to connect to the internet, then came a 56k modem with a different dialup soud good to ears, "shorter" duration, and being 3x the speed, do you even know what gopher is and what happened to it? MIRC was the most popular social software, who uses it now? ICQ? people were trading icq ids matching their phone numbers, those services dont even exist anymore, they are replaced by things which are compact, precise, to the point and modern at the same time.

We are talking about driverless cars you can order from your phone. Wont apple feel jealous people using google cab app on iphone? why did google buy .app? to hijack app store queries? Apple is gonna goto tesla and get the most f*cking awesome peace of machine that anybody has ever witnessed on face of this ancient planet. to ride an iCab limited edition would be ultimate desire of man and woman, whose gonna witness the launch video.

Would they go to apple.com/icab/limited-edition.html or i.cab/limited-edition ?

Do you think apple will not be interested in securing the brand even if they dont plan to launch the brand ever, spending a few million for them to secure such a masterpiece in domain name industry would definitely give them satisfaction that they are still smart after steve jobs passed away

keep renewing..

•••
This one is funny, I don't want to sell. but I need the money, hence I will put up a parking page, and watch the dollars roll in.

You need a reality check when you sign up for big renewal domains, in a few months you will owe another $500 to play another year.

Then you have to find a buyer, and find a way to break the news to them, that they are on the hook for $500 a year, along with the thousands they have to pay you, then you have to hope they don't back out.

Good luck

ill renew it for another year if its gonna be with me still, yes i need a broker on handsome profit sharing to talk to apple and tell them to secure their brand worldwide, cuz if somebody starts i.cab as uber alternate and focus a single city or country before they finalize their iCar as per steve jobs vision and use it as a cab service somewhere in 2025, ive taken their brand in some geographical area, and its gonna be real tough to market their brand then, when people use icab as a part of their routine life to catch a taxi. If you know that Madrid protocol member countries have different intellectual property and trademark laws than non-member countries which are not bound to abide IPC laws for the members. In other words I can register an already registered brand in US, anywhere in the non-wipo member countries.

So Google, Microsoft and Apple have many "unique" things in common,
Google, Microsoft and Apple are giving new intuitive services, products to the whole all generations living, from a 75 year man to a 4 year child everyone uses iphone, android and Microsoft as a routine to play youtube or listen to watsapp voice mail at least.
Only Google, Microsoft and Apple have access to WiFi Geolocation technology necessary for todays world in many critical services, many apps wont work without it for e.g uber or facebook check-in which they give as FREE APIs for anyone to integrate.

Here comes the interesting part and the relation between iCab, apple, short domains and internet after 15 years,

Microsoft is doing Lyft at the moment and trying to get most out of the software side in the cab industry
Google has to yet announce the brandname for its cabs, but already working on driver-less cabs and testing them
Apple has already mentioned, so obviously the aim of a driverless car to benefit people while charging them is initially Steve jobs idea but to give their rival Google they undoubtedly have enough money to hire a company like tesla and get their dream car made, and they might also be working on it. "i" has proven to be their patented mascot and if they ever start a cab service even in 2030, they would want to get hold of i.cab asap!

•••
ill renew it for another year if its gonna be with me still, yes i need a broker on handsome profit sharing to talk to apple and tell them to secure their brand worldwide, cuz if somebody starts i.cab as uber alternate and focus a single city or country before they finalize their iCar as per steve jobs vision and use it as a cab service somewhere in 2025, ive taken their brand in some geographical area, and its gonna be real tough to market their brand then, when people use icab as a part of their routine life to catch a taxi. If you know that Madrid protocol member countries have different intellectual property and trademark laws than non-member countries which are not bound to abide IPC laws for the members. In other words I can register an already registered brand in US, anywhere in the non-wipo member countries.

So Google, Microsoft and Apple have many "unique" things in common,
Google, Microsoft and Apple are giving new intuitive services, products to the whole all generations living, from a 75 year man to a 4 year child everyone uses iphone, android and Microsoft as a routine to play youtube or listen to watsapp voice mail at least.
Only Google, Microsoft and Apple have access to WiFi Geolocation technology necessary for todays world in many critical services, many apps wont work without it for e.g uber or facebook check-in which they give as FREE APIs for anyone to integrate.

Here comes the interesting part and the relation between iCab, apple, short domains and internet after 15 years,

Microsoft is doing Lyft at the moment and trying to get most out of the software side in the cab industry
Google has to yet announce the brandname for its cabs, but already working on driver-less cabs and testing them
Apple has already mentioned, so obviously the aim of a driverless car to benefit people while charging them is initially Steve jobs idea but to give their rival Google they undoubtedly have enough money to hire a company like tesla and get their dream car made, and they might also be working on it. "i" has proven to be their patented mascot and if they ever start a cab service even in 2030, they would want to get hold of i.cab asap!
First, the "i" in their product names is not a "patent" . If they wanted i.cab, they likely would've bought it before you. If you approach them trying to sell this domain, your offer will likely be much lower than you expect, if any at all. This name really isn't desirable for Apple. I think they'd be more interested in iCab.com (if they even had such a product) than i.Cab. Having "i.Cab" would be a domain hack because their product name wouldn't be "i Cab" (with a space), it would be "iCab" (wihtout a space). Furthermore, it seems that you may have registered this with the intent of selling it to Apple, due to their track record of naming a few products with an "i" in the beginning of the product name, which one can argue is a bad faith registration.

You should have taken that $5k offer. Bottom line.

Last edited:
•••
There is just too many .cab domains available for less than $100 with sub $100 renewal fees that are better that i.cab
I think your going to struggle to sell this one, and just having a quick look around I found ai.cab available for only $82.50

If you can get another above what you paid for it, sell it and move on.

I barely see the reg value for this one sorry. good luck with it

•••
•••
@usamam, read carefully the @Nick V post.
First, the "i" in their product names is not a "patent" . If they wanted i.cab, they likely would've bought it before you. If you approach them trying to sell this domain, your offer will likely be much lower than you expect, if any at all. This name really isn't desirable for Apple. I think they'd be more interested in iCab.com (if they even had such a product) than i.Cab. Having "i.Cab" would be a domain hack because their product name wouldn't be "i Cab" (with a space), it would be "iCab" (wihtout a space). Furthermore, it seems that you may have registered this with the intent of selling it to Apple, due to their track record of naming a few products with an "i" in the beginning of the product name, which one can argue is a bad faith registration.

You should have taken that $5k offer. Bottom line.

I cannot paste links on this forum, so please google up "Apple icar"

and then admit, that you are scared of talking to Apple, and may be not aware that it was founded in a garage by a fruitarian man, raised as as adapted kid, who was considered to be crazy found walking bare feet on streets havingthe guts to think of empowering the whole world with a personal computer and practically proving it
$10bin is minimum budget for apple car project at the moment, Tesla motors involved already

Last edited:
•••
I cannot paste links on this forum, so please google up "Apple icar"

and then admit, that you are scared of talking to Apple, and may be not aware that it was founded in a garage by a fruitarian man, raised as as adapted kid, who was considered to be crazy found walking bare feet on streets havingthe guts to think of empowering the whole world with a personal computer and practically proving it
$10bin is minimum budget for apple car project at the moment, Tesla motors involved already
lol I'm not the one "scared" of anything. You're the one that owns the domain, why don't you contact Apple yourself- since you're such a sales wizard?

•••
@usamam, read carefully the @Nick V post.
My only point is, apple would never want anybody to use the brandname i.cab by anyone else in the cab/app industry because its working on the car project with a BIG budget

•••
My only point is, apple would never want anybody to use the brandname i.cab by anyone else in the cab/app industry because its working on the car project with a BIG budget
Apple has the ability to get trademarked domains in sunrise period. Do you know what that is? Can you please give your theory as to why they didn't buy this name in sunrise?

•••
lol I'm not the one "scared" of anything. You're the one that owns the domain, why don't you contact Apple yourself- since you're such a sales wizard?
Im sitting in Pakistan, if steve jobs was alive i would have still traveled :)

•••
Apple has the ability to get trademarked domains in sunrise period. Do you know what that is? Can you please give your theory as to why they didn't buy this name in sunrise?
The project started when sunrise period was over already

•••
Im sitting in Pakistan, if steve jobs was alive i would have still traveled :)
You don't have access to a phone or the internet in Pakistan?

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back