IT.COM

domain i.cab THE FUTURE OF DRIVERLESS CABS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

usamam

Established Member
Impact
Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?
—Macworld, 2004

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"And boy, have we patented it!" —Macworld, 2007 (iPhone introduction) Steve Jobs

Last edited:
•••
Welcome to the Forum!

But I'm curious,

How are you a newbie and that's one of you first domains, and you say you have no idea of its worth and will just take the best offer?

It takes being more than a newbie to just go and get a name like this? This is not something you can just go and hand reg?

Anyway, I suggest you put it on flippa auction with the least price ur willing to sell as your reserve..

Whats the renewal fee for it?

Last edited:
•••
Uber’s First Self-Driving Fleet Arrives in Pittsburgh This Month
The autonomous cars, launching this summer, are custom Volvo XC90s, supervised by humans in the driver’s seat.

Last edited:
•••
Welcome! Good luck with the domain.

•••
FEB 4, 2015 @ 09:03 AM 48,662 VIEWSThe Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets
Google Cabs And Uber Bots Will Challenge Jobs 'Below The API'

Last edited:
•••
I need money! i need offers, go-daddys system doesn't accept single character .cab domain in godaddy auctions and they say they are fixing it, but i doubt they will, and i am looking for the best deal some good investors who buys it off or get a top class app developed and give me royalty something like that!

yeah godaddy has been saying they will add 1 letters for a while..Last time I tried to sell a 1letter .fyi was over a year ago and they still haven't fixed it.

I recommend putting it on Sedo auction or Flippa auction

•••
Add a delete button here please

Last edited:
•••
somebody get me outta here

Last edited:
•••
I would of taken the $5,000 but then again I don't know what you paid for it.
If you can find an end user maybe between $10,000 to $15,000

There has not been many recorded sales of .cab and from what I've seen the highest was sold for $1,000

•••
but this has the potential of becoming top result if somebody types "Cab" on google.

•••
Any domain has that potential. However from what I have seen with end users I have dealt with, they still prefer .com's

Just my opinion on the matter. If $5,000 was profit for you, I would take it.

•••
You are telling me that somebody who wants to stand with Uber and Lyft will spend only $10,000-$15,000 for such a strong, short, brandable name?

•••
Have you been telling potential buyers this domain comes with a $500 annual renewal, which will come due in 4 months again.

Someone would lose alot of traffic to icab.com, if they spent millions marketing it.

$5K was a good offer, to get that $500 renewal monkey off your back, these are by no means rare as you think.

Last edited:
•••
You are telling me that somebody who wants to stand with Uber and Lyft will spend only $10,000-$15,000 for such a strong, short, brandable name?

We have no idea if they have ANY interest in it? Why not contact them and give it a try? You will only lose 30 minutes of your life.

5000 bucks is not bad for a new gTLD, especially one with high renewals.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
•••
but this has the potential of becoming top result if somebody types "Cab" on google.
It sounds like you are in love with your domain, and have a false hope of it's true worth to an unattached party with many options.

•••
No, i am not a domainer, and will never be, i targeted this domain and caught it, to develop an App by the name "Cab" or "iCAB" like i told you, but I got out of budget. Still if somebody is willing to invest i am willing to share it for free if he is willing to give me royalty. Exact match domain, or the closest match domains have the highest weight in google's algorithm

•••
As far as businesses are considered they still want .com's
Does it mean you couldn't make a nice profit on this to an end user? No, you could

However you will have to do the convincing to the buyer to buy a .cab
I don't know what you're expecting to get but I would say $10,000 to $15,000 would be a home run.

TaxiCabs.com was sold for $35,000 which I think a taxi company would much rather have than ANY .cab extension.

$5,000 is more than I would of guessed someone would offer for this domain on an auction.

•••
It sounds like you are in love with your domain, and have a false hope of it's true worth to an unattached party with many options.
Yes i am in love with it, and i can give you many examples of websites who have not done any sort of exceptional SEO or backlinking, but gives them on google top FIRST result first page.

•••
@usamam how much is the renewal fee?

•••
Yes i am in love with it, and i can give you many examples of websites who have not done any sort of exceptional SEO or backlinking, but gives them on google top FIRST result first page.
You are just a bit to early, these users are not there today to spend development dollars into a big project, you can see the same fate in e.cab

Pay the $500 for a few more years, and you might get your $10K, anything more you need to sell them a vision, a vision they can't get from icab.com which sits parked, with a for sale sign also.

•••
As far as businesses are considered they still want .com's
Does it mean you couldn't make a nice profit on this to an end user? No, you could

However you will have to do the convincing to the buyer to buy a .cab
I don't know what you're expecting to get but I would say $10,000 to $15,000 would be a home run.

TaxiCabs.com was sold for $35,000 which I think a taxi company would much rather have than ANY .cab extension.

$5,000 is more than I would of guessed someone would offer for this domain on an auction.
Yes i also regretted refusing, then after a couple of weeks i realized that i might have made a mistake not selling it, tried to contact flippa broker (mr. devior) again but never replied back

•••
•••
Yes i also regretted refusing, then after a couple of weeks i realized that i might have made a mistake not selling it, tried to contact flippa broker (mr. devior) again but never replied back
I think the broker was willing to list it for $5k for you, I doubt he offered you $5K. He might have discovered the renewal, unusual for a broker like that to just go cold, and not respond to a follow up.

You are playing with a big boy renewal, 90% of the time it will kill your deal.

•••
I am willing to make an agreeme
I think the broker was willing to list it for $5k for you, I doubt he offered you $5K. He might have discovered the renewal, unusual for a broker like that to just go cold, and not respond to a follow up.
No the broker listed, and the auction ended not meeting reserve. And then he got post auction offer from sombody from australia who wanted this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back