IT.COM

domain i.cab THE FUTURE OF DRIVERLESS CABS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

usamam

Established Member
Impact
Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?
—Macworld, 2004

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You don't have access to a phone or the internet in Pakistan?
Practically do you think that apple staff would forward an email to Tim Cook by "Usama from Pakistan" :)

It cant work out without a professional domainer who knows what hes selling and its worth

•••
•••
Exactly - and the domain was still available.
The apple car project started when sunrise period for .cab was over already

•••
Practically do you think that apple staff would forward an email to Tim Cook by "Usama from Pakistan" :)

It cant work out without a professional domainer who knows what hes selling and its worth
If the domain is desirable enough, it should sell itself - regardless of what your name is. Also, Tim Cook is not in charge of buying domain names.

•••
•••
If the domain is desirable enough, it should sell itself - regardless of what your name is. Also, Tim Cook is not in charge of buying domain names.
Yes but Tim Cook is taking care of the $10bn+ project

•••
Wait, just to better understand: you came in a domaining forum claiming to be a newbie in the domaining world (it's clear you are) and asking if a domain you've been owning for an abandoned web project would have some kind of value, and that's all after you declined a $5,000 bid.
Some experienced people keep telling you the domain doesn't worth quite much, that you'd be lucky to sell it at $1,000 or $1,500 and you would have accepted the $5,000 offer, but you start to dream about Tim Cook from Apple personally offering you a sh*tload of money for your i.cab because they're trying to developing a driverless car which might call "iCar" and then maybe Apple will also develop a driverless taxi service with their iCars calling it "iCab" making your domain very valuable and important even if it is i.cab (with that space) and not iCab all joined?

Wait, is it just me or does it look like..... well, i can't find the right word. Anyone helps me to find it?

•••
Wait, just to better understand: you came in a domaining forum claiming to be a newbie in the domaining world (it's clear you are) and asking if a domain you've been owning for an abandoned web project would have some kind of value, and that's all after you declined a $5,000 bid.
Some experienced people keep telling you the domain doesn't worth quite much, that you'd be lucky to sell it at $1,000 or $1,500 and you would have accepted the $5,000 offer, but you start to dream about Tim Cook from Apple personally offering you a sh*tload of money for your i.cab because they're trying to developing a driverless car which might call "iCar" and then maybe Apple will also develop a driverless taxi service with their iCars calling it "iCab" making your domain very valuable and important even if it is i.cab (with that space) and not iCab all joined?

Wait, is it just me or does it look like..... well, i can't find the right word. Anyone helps me to find it?

Yes thats correct

•••
•••
Yes but Tim Cook is taking care of the $10bn+ project
Listen...some gTLDs are AWESOME. I personally own a ton and I worked for the .CARS registry. Needless to say, I have a bit of experience in this EXACT space.

However, a well-known and established brand like Apple is not going to pay you for this domain. Travis Kalonick passed on Black.Car. This domain is PERFECT for a startup or less-known cab company who needs a cool marketing play. And that means that when you get a $5000 offer, you take it.

So, do yourself the favor, get back in touch with whomever made your that $5000 offer and be ready for them to say their budget is now $2000 - but take the deal and be done with it.

•••
Globalize your horizon, competition of supply and demand is what drove prices controls. There is other avenues that you can still get the price you want for your item. But it also true that this would not happen in a short time notice. Japan, India, China UK, Malaysia etc billionaire investors are also looking for opportunities. Apple, Microsoft and Google, are just one of many investors. Hold on to it for couple of years and patience my be good too.

Apple does not like long words name for App. I think "i.cab" is awsome for App.

•••
The would want a shortest name, like iphone, ipad, iwatch
and yes they would definitely start cab, because when google and microsoft are already using their wifi geo location network for personal transport order, then why would'nt Apple? when their car will be far more superior than google, made by all american the awesome tesla motors!

•••
Globalize your horizon, competition of supply and demand is what drove prices controls. There is other avenues that you can still get the price you want for your item. But it also true that this would not happen in a short time notice. Japan, India, China UK, Malaysia etc billionaire investors are also looking for opportunities. Apple, Microsoft and Google, are just one of many investors. Hold on to it for couple of years and patience my be good too.

Apple does not like long words name for App. I think "i.cab" is awsome for App.
the .phone domain is about to be out, just wait till apple claims i.phone :D

•••
Can you show me their trademark for "iCab" ?

•••
Don't make things happen, let it happen. It better this way.

•••
I don't think there is a trademark on "icab.com" This company is based here :)
I mean the last time I checked there was no trademark.

Last edited:
•••
If you need the money now, you should double back and try to get that 5k. As appealing as 1 character domains are, the problem is it's .cab extension. Very niche, not too catchy, and even non-premium names are expensive renewals. You would likely have to hold for a very long time to find someone willing to pay 10k+ for it.
I agree. It's a narrow niche. And unfortunately icann have a habit of releasing competing/redundant extension.
.taxi is already a delegated string.
I would rather use .taxi then .cab unless I'm British perhaps.
So .cab is not the sole extension for the taxi industry online. You have competition.
1-letter domains are not so rare, nor so special.

Honestly I don't even think it is a good niche, because taxis can afford not to have an online presence, they just wait on the street or they roam about town and they will always have clients. For many a facebook page will do.
It's not like real estate agencies, that in this day and age can't really do without a site.

While I am not a gTLD lover, I think this one has branding potential.
You should do something with it. Perhaps you should work on your app and even file a TM to protect your project (I'm assuming there are no TM issues at present). But beating Uber is going to be difficult.

Frankly the renewal fee is a killer. These names are unfit for speculation.

Ponder this: the first offer received is often the last you'll ever get. If you get a decent offer, think twice before you turn it down.

•••
Can you show me their trademark for "iCab" ?
kindly google up "Project titan"
if you were apple ceo and got $10bn under your ass for the happy codeworded project, project that must not fail, wont throw a couple of millions to dogs who are protecting a real screwed up option of being the final brandname

•••
You look young to me and full of energy; put your energy to develop an App for this name. You will become an instant million if you develop this name to an App. Again, i.cab can also be used for other things such as file storage (cabinet).

•••
@usamam I once offered a domain to Tesla owner Elon Musk .. I even contacted Nestle once about a domain I regged for a $1.. I was a noob at that time. It doesn't matter whether the buyers are rich. If they want it, they will come for it.

Edit: Forgot to mention I never received a reply.

Last edited:
•••
@usamam I once offered a domain to Tesla owner Elon Musk .. I even contacted Nestle once about a domain I regged for a $1.. I was a noob at that time. It doesn't matter whether the buyers are rich. If they want it, they will come for it.
Wow offer him i.cab this time, and tell him its for apple! because i believe they are involved in the project

•••
I better contact Steve Jobs

•••
•••
Isn't Obama an Apple fan? I can contact him, maybe he'd be glad to make a gift to Tim Cook.

•••
- The name is very good for app imo, something similar to Uber
- Renewal fee of USD 500 will eat from your profit every year, so it is expensive just to hold and wait
- You will probably not be able to find good broker at the moment here for new gTLD..big guys are still mostly playing with .coms. I privately spoken with several well known brokers here, and although some of them are getting slowly some interest in new gTLD, they do not have enough connections/experience/knowledge to deal with them effectively now..they are great when you own LL.com, but even very good new gTLD is new area for them.
- That means you will probably need to do all work yourself, no matter what your geographic location is :)
- You can start by googling which companies are in cab industry, find who are responsible people there (best are VPs for internet/it/infrastructure/whetever similar) and write them nice and structured email. Your English is very good, so you can easily do it.
- You made some good arguments about your domain name, obviously you know about value of "i", about projects with automatic cars, etc..so you will be a very good seller.
- If you do not have time, grab USD5000, this is also good :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back