IT.COM

discuss How to tackle refund request on PayPal. Kindly help.

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I sold some online domain name related service to a client.
After availing the service which included training and mentoring, they lodged a PayPal refund request.
I did not mention about a No-refund policy earlier but isn't that obvious in a service related business?

How do I tackle it?
What is the procedure?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
show the screenshots of your email conversation to paypal team and inform that buyer is already used your service that can't take back.

It's very tough to satisfy paypal resolution team without any proof, because they mostly do buyer's favor.

Edited.

Last edited:
•••
He didn't sell a domain, he sold a service.

what are your credentials? to offer such services?

may be the client felt the service was inadequate & so they paid for nothing?

imo

•••
I won multiple paypal disputes both as a seller and as a buyer. Lost maybe few % in many years. Prepare as many documents and screenshots as you can, write as long and detailed explanations as you can, send to them.

•••
I won multiple paypal disputes both as a seller and as a buyer. Lost maybe few % in many years. Prepare as many documents and screenshots as you can, write as long and detailed explanations as you can, send to them.

Depending on how much money it is it will cost more in time and effort to fight it.
I won a couple but it was so time consuming that anything under a couple hundred bucks or so I just write off.

One of the things for my business is I always get a signed bill of sale saying the domain is final sale. I have sold services over the years and have always CLEARLY indicated on my paypal invoice that the service was non refundable.

Mark it clearly and you will most likely win. Lack of clearly marked documentation is a royal pain and hard to fight. Paypal does favor the end user over the merchant.

•••
show the screenshots of your email conversation to paypal team and inform that buyer is already used your service that can't take back.

It's very tough to satisfy paypal resolution team without any proof, because they mostly do buyer's favor.

Edited.

I just replied to them. It's not about money anymore. If someone takes away your hard work, they should be taught a lesson.

He didn't sell a domain, he sold a service.

what are your credentials? to offer such services?

may be the client felt the service was inadequate & so they paid for nothing?

imo
Well, the buyer was all pretty optimistic that they'd be a rich in 30 days. After having shown the true picture, he was like, this thing is not for me. I don't have so much patience. And this was after 5-6 days of daily mentoring.

Thanks for your advice. I just did that.

Depending on how much money it is it will cost more in time and effort to fight it.
I won a couple but it was so time consuming that anything under a couple hundred bucks or so I just write off.

One of the things for my business is I always get a signed bill of sale saying the domain is final sale. I have sold services over the years and have always CLEARLY indicated on my paypal invoice that the service was non refundable.

Mark it clearly and you will most likely win. Lack of clearly marked documentation is a royal pain and hard to fight. Paypal does favor the end user over the merchant.

Yes. I get it. Just sent a detailed screenshot of the conversation.

•••
@Arpit131 with all due respect , so instead of them losing money through "trial & error" they end up losing money "paying you" to tell them it needs patience, study etc?

mmm..

They're to blame as well..

•••
Paypal sends back the fund to the buyer if it's not a physical product with shipment proofs. I haven't seen an exception. I don't think there is something that can be done.

•••
Thanks everyone for the help.
I won it!
It was $250 and I thought it was worth 1 write up with screenshots to PayPal authorities.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back