Dynadot

advice How to sell a portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cpnames

Upgraded Member
Impact
I would like to sell off 300-500 domains and am wondering if anyone can point me to people who might be interested in this. It seems like on NamePros most people are selling individual domains. Any big spenders out there please contact me. Or any leads would be helpful as well. Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What kind of quality are we talking about? .com? Brandable handregs or high-quality domains using actual words?

•••
Some of each. No one-word .coms but some good brandables, exact match .com, and good alternative tlds. Mostly real words but a few acronyms as well.

Last edited:
•••
Drop a list and an asking price. Be prepared to get offers for a penny on the dollar.

Unless you have a solid portfolio or are cornering a niche, selling a portfolio should only be considered an exit strategy.

That being said, depending on your situation it might be well worth it. I have bought big portfolios and have sold them. When the numbers add up, its worth it. You're the only one who can do that math.

•••
most people are selling individual domains
There are some investors that lurk here...some sign in, some visit as guest.

Posting a google doc link to the list of names is one way to reach them...as said above, a nickel on the dollar might be the best you would get unless there are a few really top notch names in the group.

Many years ago I did a bulk sale, or rather I tried to. I came up with low retail for each of the names, figured that number at 10% and made that my asking price. After TONS of tire kickers and emails, one person came along and said they did not want all the names...they cherry picked about 11 names and paid me the 10%. The rest dropped.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back