NameSilo

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes but you would have probably never sold it.

Adult is different than mainstream.

I believe someone was trying to sell sl#ts.co.uk (or something similar) recently and no one would even offer xxx range.
Wow, is that so? Didn't know that.
Learning everyday here.

•••
Arcade4D a recent hand reg - 4DHolodeck - Holodeckz (brandable hack)
I don't think the Adult folks have a lot outside of VR product to sell.
Many are working on stuff but, if you don't realize how much extra work , time and cost there is involved in it, I'll tell you it is a up-hill battle for a start-up without a AR/MR roadmap. They are making the roadmap.
And there is few to sell content to so you can't be in a hurry to produce.
Same old chicken and the egg story.

It will come around eventually but I also want to point out that still nobody (adult) has desired to 'buy and use' what we would call a premium domain. Opting for a decent? available name on the cheap.
That is one other 'smoke signal' I watch for. Demand vs Availability. That shows up in 'sales and end-use'.

VRLiveCams went for over $5k and it appears that it was bought by a dutch adult cam company.

As far as non vr stuff appearing, let's hope the new Windows Holographic headsets will at least provide a market. If the HoloLens dev edition has only sold a few thousand, that's not even the beginning of a market. There are a couple of sites who claim to be employing 3D scanning but neither of them are yet making their content available for the HoloLens or even claiming that as their intention. But there are also a couple of big names who have gone on record as saying that they see HoloLens and augmented reality as having much bigger potential than VR. Naughty America claimed recently that they plan to release augmented reality stuff later this year, but they did point out how difficult it was from the technical side.

However, I'm still surprised there hasn't been somebody trying to establish themselves as first movers, even if just releasing a rudimentary minature 3D girl dancing or teasing for a few seconds. It surely can't be that expensive or difficult to do. They could claim to have the first content and be the first site, post a hundred press releases, get covered in all the mainstream and tech media as the 'future of adult' etc and establish themselves as the number one 'holo/ar/mr' brand just as VRP have for VR.

It's almost as if the adult industry has a blindspot for AR/MR/Holo, and all the future tech minded have gone for VR, despite the similarities between (at least current) VR and stereo 3D adult which failed so recently.

Last edited:
•••
@NamePov , MS did not change their strategy. Just the name of the Windows interface.
Boy, I think I need to be on the watch for dropping Holo names by the sounds of it.
And I'm not that big on Holo...LOL...

@Augmentedrealitysex , I'll bet if you tried to buy the name it would not let you.
Many times the registrar of record (in this case for .UK) DB systems go down (maintenance/hack) and it will report it as available on a site like GD.
But they are not. Look again in 24-48 hours. All registrars will report the same when that happens.
Edit: One way to test it is to run a name with the same TLD that you know is reg'd.
Me try to register something i am not suppose to or aloud too never lol well maybe i love a challenge and i would have took a crack at selling [email protected] and i have not one inch of doubt in my mind that i could have of 100% absolutely sold it not a question at all but thats me .

•••
Until mid 2019 registration of [email protected] is available exclusively to the holder of [email protected]

Yeah just noticed that, I've just tried to register it.

I'm from the UK and whilst i don't own any .co.uk names (the better extension) or .UK, for reg fee i would have been all over P*rn.uk, it's one the most popular single words people type in on the net.

•••
As for adult sites, VR (and other virtual related technologies) is going to revolutionsie adult entertainment probably more than any other industry imo - It's the industry that will make people want to buy a headset, it's the main reason why i invested in a headset :xf.laugh:

Even if VR fails, i still think there will be a demand for adult VR content and people will keep and use headsets soley for this.

•••
As for adult sites, VR (and other virtual related technologies) is going to revolutionsie adult entertainment probably more than any other industry imo - It's the industry that will make people want to buy a headset, it's the main reason why i invested in a headset :xf.laugh:

Even if VR fails, i still think there will be a demand for adult VR content and people will keep and use headsets soley for this.

Well milf VR is now up and running, put your headset to use mate lol:

nintchdbpict000297490735-e1485599816807.jpg

I agree though, whatever happens VR will be big in the adult industry expecially once interactive connected devices start to also immersify the experience more.

Long way to go but things will just get better and better. It does have so much more promise than 3D ever did in the industry.

Last edited:
•••
VRLiveCams went for over $5k and it appears that it was bought by a dutch adult cam company.

As far as non vr stuff appearing, let's hope the new Windows Holographic headsets will at least provide a market. If the HoloLens dev edition has only sold a few thousand, that's not even the beginning of a market. There are a couple of sites who claim to be employing 3D scanning but neither of them are yet making their content available for the HoloLens or even claiming that as their intention. But there are also a couple of big names who have gone on record as saying that they see HoloLens and augmented reality as having much bigger potential than VR. Naughty America claimed recently that they plan to release augmented reality stuff later this year, but they did point out how difficult it was from the technical side.

However, I'm still surprised there hasn't been somebody trying to establish themselves as first movers, even if just releasing a rudimentary minature 3D girl dancing or teasing for a few seconds. It surely can't be that expensive or difficult to do. They could claim to have the first content and be the first site, post a hundred press releases, get covered in all the mainstream and tech media as the 'future of adult' etc and establish themselves as the number one 'holo/ar/mr' brand just as VRP have for VR.

It's almost as if the adult industry has a blindspot for AR/MR/Holo, and all the future tech minded have gone for VR, despite the similarities between (at least current) VR and stereo 3D adult which failed so recently.
Fist mover? Just not enough viewers to see anything you might produce.
But,your are spot on, I think you will be in luck when the new MR Goggles come out.
I'm expecting it anyway. Anything produced for those will work with a Hololens.
They are going to be a bridge and a help with both the VR & AR/MR folks. You have to have the HMD's out there to have a customer and these have a far better price entry point.
(Those over-excited about what to name them had better wait till the manufacturers announce it)
You might see a advanced press release to some material for those that are working on it trying to create some anticipation for those builds and get a early jump on the competition.

As I said, there is no roadmap and it's both like producing a VR video game as well as a movie.
And there are no existing tools to make it any easier or cheaper to do... YET

The average adult producer is not going to suddenly start making them.
The last tech change (from video tape to digital formats) was easy since you only had to digitize existing content (there was a lot of it). It was many years before most all were producing it in direct digital formats.
While producing a VR video is a bit harder that a standard one, with limitations on viewing angle and speed of camera panning and transitions (limited if any), controlling what is seen in a scene etc, it's nothing compared to the difficulty of a AR/MR experience. It's both a elaborate film production and a video game. At least from what everyone is expecting to see.

When someone breaks the ice on that and finds easier and cheaper ways, others will follow.
Then the idea of how much would that cost as a product and margins come to play.
It use to be produced by 'two guys and a camera'... :-o ...LOL... No more.
Just being realistic about the timeline for mainstream and valuations folks are expecting.
You would not have got today's premium pricing for any adult name in the late 90's. No market.
Most that had a computer were getting adult via a dial-up connection. So photo's were the thing.
Short video's on a overnight download. BBS & Internet.
So if you have a premium name and sell into the early market, don't expect much.
Your going to have to hold it till the industry populates & grows. Take your time. Expect the wait.
As with most any niche of these new media names.
But it is sales to end-users that will tell you where it presently stands. That's my gauge.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like Magic Leap could feel the pressure to show/announce where they are currently at SXSW which starts in about 5 days.

Screenshot_20170305-230147.png

•••
^If Magic Leap does indeed show something it adds a good amount of credibility to the rumors that Apple might unveil a device this year.

•••
Added one more holo domain name .

Holostripper.com

•••
Magic leap has a Image problem with it's investors and I suspect they are going to need at least one more round of funding or be forced to go public with the company before launch.
So they need to 'DEMONSTRATE' some progress to them and acceptance by the public.

And it helps keep some anticipation for your product and your name in the news while everyone else is making the news with products and specs and dates of release.(hey remember us !)

At least 10 months from the point they have a final product design at best and if the factory they are building in Florida is ready by then.... (I don't think they broke ground yet) Going to be a while.

'My guess' right now is fall/xmas 2019 or perhaps a bit sooner for a dev edition.
(nobody knows if these will display off the shelf AR/MR products or need their own software dev'd)
Like to see it sooner but I don't think it's in the cards.

•••
Magic leap has a Image problem with it's investors and I suspect they are going to need at least one more round of funding or be forced to go public with the company before launch.
So they need to 'DEMONSTRATE' some progress to them and acceptance by the public.

And it helps keep some anticipation for your product and your name in the news while everyone else is making the news with products and specs and dates of release.(hey remember us !)

At least 10 months from the point they have a final product design at best and if the factory they are building in Florida is ready by then.... (I don't think they broke ground yet) Going to be a while.

'My guess' right now is fall/xmas 2019 or perhaps a bit sooner for a dev edition.
(nobody knows if these will display off the shelf AR/MR products or need their own software dev'd)
Like to see it sooner but I don't think it's in the cards.

Well looks like someone was playing about because Magic Leap clarified they will not be at SXSW.

For their reputation they do need to announce something soon but who knows with them.

Screenshot_20170306-071448.png

Last edited:
•••
I personally think the company Magic Leap will go out of business sometime this year. If the company is still adamant making a headset, they should just totally get rid of the name ‘Magic Leap’ and start from scratch.

Their name is just surrounded by negativity (bad press/public opinion); From a business point of view, how many companies are going to want ties with them?

•••
I personally think the company Magic Leap will go out of business sometime this year. If the company is still adamant making a headset, they should just totally get rid of the name ‘Magic Leap’ and start from scratch.

Their name is just surrounded by negativity (bad press/public opinion); From a business point of view, how many companies are going to want ties with them?

They have some pretty big contracts with companies in the movie/sporting industry.

I am not saying I don't agree with what you are saying but if they do come out with a product that blows the other competition out of the water, lots will be forgotten.

The only real bad press to do with their product though as lots of question marks surrounding it because it was an old test model used and was not a current version.

And the q&a the reporter did after the article had been released painted a pretty different picture than the way the article came across.

Consumers are not going to care too much about disgruntled employees if a kick ass product comes to market (not saying it will be but most who have tried it were very impressed).

Because of the signed R&D though lots of the positive comments don't get a press release, just that one journalist who didn't have to sign one for some strange reason.

I personally don't like all their secrecy but there could be a real reason that they don't want their competitors knowing the ins & outs of their tech.

Last edited:
•••
“What do you want to be when you show up?” - More on IMAX VR

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.co...y-a-preview-of-the-imax-vr-centre-experience/

Something like the following is likely to be the first AR/MR Glasses product on consumer market.
https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/03/o...asses-built-on-qualcomms-snapdragon-835-chip/

But I really should not say that since Vuix has had stuff out there for years.
https://www.vuzix.com/#2
While I have bought and used their products for years, probably not going anywhere big/fast in the AR field.
But these folks, who are a former Valve Co, might...
http://castar.com/
I kinda feel sorry for them because when Oculus came on the scene and others, they stole all their talent and had all the advanced 'how-to's' and that slows progress and makes it all more expensive to go nowhere fast..

You do need to follow more than just the headlines. They are manipulated.

•••
IMG_0983.PNG
Imagine when ar comes in i had this message after only 20 minutes of talk time phone shuts down to emergency setting its new iphone 7 plus need to fix this if hours of ar / vr will be used as a selling tool

•••
Could be the first real launch of a viable social VR experience very soon...
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/project-sansar-social-vr-trailer-beta,33831.html
Not to be outdone by the folks at second life...
http://www.pcgamer.com/second-life-developer-shows-off-its-new-social-vr-platform/

& more on project Alloy...
http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/intel-vr-alloy-wireless-vr

====

Thought I might mention since the news has been weak as of late, that Facebook has a lot of plans for VR on it's platform. While MS is putting a lot of stuff together to be sure you are spending time on the Windows platform, I am sure Facebook is making plans to make sure you are spending time on theirs.

I'm looking forward to what they put in the mix but don't really expect any announcements till the Oculus Dev Conference. I'm fairly sure they will keep quite till then and make some bold presentations to stir the natives up and make plenty of news. Including Oculus's new goggle.

•••
One more $200 360 cam to add to choices...
http://themissouriinjuryblog.com/28446/huawei-has-announced-its-360-degree-vr-camera/

CNNVR added to VR media choices...
http://www.fiercecable.com/broadcasting/cnn-launches-virtual-reality-journalism-unit-cnnvr

Since they did brand with VR and not AR or MR, I wonder how one might value CNNVR.com ?
And if they did not brand with it, would it have value ?
They have a history of paying well for names they WANT.
Apparently owned by someone in china since 2011 and does not resolve.
Can you also see them branding a AR and/or MR version of the same ?
Do they even need a separate domain for that function?
Of course, need and want are different things.
Personally, I believe for now, it's a matter of how successful this is as to the fate of the domain.
But it's on my radar to see it play out.

•••
Microsoft aren’t pushing the term ‘MR’, they are pushing the term ‘Mixed Reality’ so just want to make that point.

I know there’s no bigger lover of MR than you Elad, but it’s truly wishful thinking if you really believe the term ‘Mixed Reality’ or ‘MR’ is going to the umbrella term and VR/AR is going to be under its wing, there’s no evidence suggest this is ever going to happen (news articles/social media/Google trends etc).

The tech I agree with you, its potential is fantastic and probably the direction VIRTUAL REALITY is going to go and I highlight the word ‘Virtual Reality’ because if there’s going to be one word for everything to fall under and be an umbrella term for EVERYTHING it probably will be Virtual Reality because if/when Virtual Reality does adapt it's not going to change its name in the same way other techs don't when they adapt.

End of the day all ‘Microsoft Mixed Reality’ is, is an operating system in the same way XP/Vista was. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fantastic news for Mixed Reality investors Microsoft doing this, but it’s not game changing.

Read up on news articles posted since the Windows Mixed Reality announcement (past 7 day results):-

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr...ACw&gws_rd=ssl#q=hololens&tbm=nws&tbs=qdr:w&*

There’s only one article on page 1 of Google’s best matches that have called HoloLens a ‘Mixed Reality’ headset.

So nothing has really changed. HoloLens is still called ‘Augmented Reality’ or ‘Virtual Reality’ for the most part.

Last edited:
•••
Microsoft aren’t pushing the term ‘MR’, they are pushing the term ‘Mixed Reality’ so just want to make that point.

I know there’s no bigger lover of MR than you Elad, but it’s truly wishful thinking if you really believe the term ‘Mixed Reality’ or ‘MR’ is going to the umbrella term and VR/AR is going to be under its wing, there’s no evidence suggest this is ever going to happen (news articles/social media/Google trends etc).

The tech I agree with you, its potential is fantastic and probably the direction VIRTUAL REALITY is going to go and I highlight the word ‘Virtual Reality’ because if there’s going to be one word for everything to fall under and be an umbrella term for EVERYTHING it probably will be Virtual Reality because if/when Virtual Reality does adapt it's not going to change its name in the same way other techs don't when they adapt.

End of the day all ‘Microsoft Mixed Reality’ is, is an operating system in the same way XP/Vista was. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fantastic news for Mixed Reality investors Microsoft doing this, but it’s not game changing.

Read up on news articles posted since the Windows Mixed Reality announcement (past 7 day results):-

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr...ACw&gws_rd=ssl#q=hololens&tbm=nws&tbs=qdr:w&*

There’s only one article on page 1 of Google’s best matches that have called HoloLens a ‘Mixed Reality’ headset.

So nothing has really changed. HoloLens is still called ‘Augmented Reality’ or ‘Virtual Reality’ for the most part.

You are not getting deep enough lol.

Its Not wishful thinking but again time will tell ;)

•••
You are not getting deep enough lol.

Its Not wishful thinking but again time will tell ;)

So wish i bought MixedReality dot com Elad. Was probably 1 month away from it, I would have infulenced the market :P and would have been worth the money just to wind you up.

Would have re-directed it to Merged or had a picture on there kneeling to Merged:-

the-king-kneeling.jpg

•••
So wish i bought MixedReality dot com Elad. Was probably 1 month away from it, I would have infulenced the market :P and would have been worth the money just to wind you up.

Would have re-directed it to Merged or had a picture on there kneeling to Merged:-

the-king-kneeling.jpg

Kneel or get MERGED! lol

Dig deeper ;)

•••
•••

the-king-kneeling.jpg
...LO real L...
You are not going deep enough... you know... that place where nobody else lives...
a0092836008_9.jpg

You're a BAD MAN ! Your Thinking BAD Thoughts...

•••
...LO real L...
You are not going deep enough... you know... that place where nobody else lives...
a0092836008_9.jpg

You're a BAD MAN ! Your Thinking BAD Thoughts...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back