IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When
Not really sure why, but just caught this one: HoloLinks.com

I think I liked the sound of it.

I picked up HoloSpecs [com] not long ago, not a massive fan of Holo anymore but worth a couple of keepers!

•••
Not sure if its an "XR" related sale but nice sale anyway

MyXR.com
17,000 USD
Sedo

•••
•••
Screenshot_20170901-094139.png

•••

I'm starting to think that 'xr reality' might have the best portfolio here by a country mile. From what I remember he has some premium ar names, and it's starting to look like it's not impossible that in 2 - 5 years time, ar and even xr might be the 'winners'.

•••
I'm starting to think that 'xr reality' might have the best portfolio here by a country mile. From what I remember he has some premium ar names, and it's starting to look like it's not impossible that in 2 - 5 years time, ar and even xr might be the 'winners'.

we wont have a definite winner imo for a while (vr ar xr mr ) , guys better focus on the attached keywords

•••
Lol i look at some of the names you guys post here on np and think wow i would love to own that one there are some A grade names posted here by all members

•••
If you look at the product trends, articles being released, products launches, how common the phrases are, what the top 20 companies are investing in...it looks like VR, AR, MR and then XR in that order, but if you get good names in any of them, you will do ok. I am looking at names in all of them but focus on VR the most

AR is growing a lot quicker than I expected as well

Last edited:
•••
Well, I have my 4 chance bets on XR.
I just stuck with the broadest use of the term where universal format might be desirable. (like a WMR)
XRsmartglesses
XRpods
XRchats
XRchatrooms
And I can't say I'm looking for any more. But I do monitor for changes in situation.
If it becomes a thing, I will do just fine with these. If not, I will not be trying to convince myself that I need to hold 30 or more names for years. Especially when you really do not know what the term is going to mean to the actual general market if/when it comes.
Just remember,
Augmented reality.ORG sold 5 years ago for 12K but we have not seen a sale like it since.
Of course NDA's hide many things from us. But just the same, 5 years.
Considering AR has been in practical use for 10 years and more....
I have more than enough AR names also. Some 10 years old.

•••
Well, I have my 4 chance bets on XR.
I just stuck with the broadest use of the term where universal format might be desirable. (like a WMR)
XRsmartglesses
XRpods
XRchats
XRchatrooms
And I can't say I'm looking for any more. But I do monitor for changes in situation.
If it becomes a thing, I will do just fine with these. If not, I will not be trying to convince myself that I need to hold 30 or more names for years. Especially when you really do not know what the term is going to mean to the actual general market if/when it comes.
Just remember,
Augmented reality.ORG sold 5 years ago for 12K but we have not seen a sale like it since.
Of course NDA's hide many things from us. But just the same, 5 years.
Considering AR has been in practical use for 10 years and more....
I have more than enough AR names also. Some 10 years old.

Boom is coming soon, Wont be the same after that..
Hope everyone stocked up :)

•••
Boom is coming soon, Wont be the same after that..
Hope everyone stocked up :)
What boom ? Can you give us a citation of anything specific or just adding some hype ?

I see it as a good upturn in the market, but still gradual. Some investors may go a little crazy as this first starts to move. (as they always do) But the need for names will generally lag the tech releases since most of the sales will go to NEW developers that have not entered the market yet.
And they are not going to until there is enough hardware in consumer hands.
That is the fundamental change we are about to see.

And that will add advertising revenue and help pick the better keywords and place valuation on some.
I see no boom ! Just the actual start of the market. No more beta !

Place some citation on your claims.

•••
What boom ? Can you give us a citation of anything specific or just adding some hype ?

I see it as a good upturn in the market, but still gradual. Some investors may go a little crazy as this first starts to move. (as they always do) But the need for names will generally lag the tech releases since most of the sales will go to NEW developers that have not entered the market yet.
And they are not going to until there is enough hardware in consumer hands.
That is the fundamental change we are about to see.

And that will add advertising revenue and help pick the better keywords and place valuation on some.
I see no boom ! Just the actual start of the market. No more beta !

Place some citation on your claims.

Its a Boom.

A whole new world is opening up for consumers /developers..

It already started but after apple 12/September it will be much biggee

ARkit apple
ARcore google
WinMR MS
Amazon getting in this year
ML - end 2017 beginning of 2018
And all the other players..

Gonna be a boom.

A War between titans :)

•••
I know Josh for a long time.. Thats not the reason they stopped using xR. They do believe in an all in one term, they just feel its still early to use one.

Cheers.
I'm not even working for Google and I'll say again, like I said last year: XR and MR will not succeed, never.
However this is just my opinion, but if I'm right Google should seriously consider hiring me.

According to Namebio, MYXR.com sold on Sedo for $17k... Site coming soon...
Funny, they used "XR" in their domain but "augmenting" on their website.

Last edited:
•••
I’ll be honest I’m not a fan of XR, i don’t even have 1 XR domain.

Might be wrong, but i just can’t see how XR (or Extended Reality) is marketable to consumers.

I can understand developers and people within the industry wanting a term call everything NOW, but does XR or Extended Reality really have that (as Thierry Henry would say) ‘va va voom’ as an abbreviation/term to make them want to buy a headset related to this? I think not. If i say XR or Extended Reality to a friend now, they’ll be like “what’s that?” but they would probably know what VR or AR is though.

Trouble is domainers and people who are fans of virtual tech can read that many things and see all these terms VR/AR/XR/MR/Hyper/Merged/Mixed/Augmented/Extended/AVR etc and you sort of get used to it and just becomes a bit normal, when infact it’s all a bit nuts.

What i try and do with domain names is see things in a non-nerd way (if you will) when buying, just as a did before i started registering domain names, as 95% of people who will be buying headsets won’t be nerds, that’s why I’m not a fan of MR domain names, to a native English speaker it sounds like mister and not really all that marketable – I’m sure even the biggest MR investors thought that when they first heard it, so i always try to go with those first thoughts on something.

As said, maybe I’m wrong but just thought I’d add my opinion.

Last edited:
•••
Its heating up guys, dont block your views on anything so you wont regret it afterwords.. Research..

Its all about the keyword :)

•••
Its heating up guys, dont block your views on anything so you wont regret it afterwords.. Research..

Its all about the keyword :)

I do research lol.

It's not all about the keyword, it's about what people call things, you can have the best keywords (games/p*rn etc) but if you have an abbreviation or word next to it that is going no where, then it won't even end up being worth reg fee.

•••
I do research lol.

It's not all about the keyword, it's about what people call things, you can have the best keywords (games/p*rn etc) but if you have an abbreviation or word next to it that is going no where, then it won't even end up being worth reg fee.

I said what i needed to say, you can do whatever you want now :) , going to my shell again.

•••
I’ll be honest I’m not a fan of XR, i don’t even have 1 XR domain.

Might be wrong, but i just can’t see how XR (or Extended Reality) is marketable to consumers.

I can understand developers and people within the industry wanting a term call everything NOW, but does XR or Extended Reality really have that (as Thierry Henry would say) ‘va va voom’ as an abbreviation/term to make them want to buy a headset related to this? I think not. If i say XR or Extended Reality to a friend now, they’ll be like “what’s that?” but they would probably know what VR or AR is though.

Trouble is domainers and people who are fans of virtual tech can read that many things and see all these terms VR/AR/XR/MR/Hyper/Merged/Mixed/Augmented/Extended/AVR etc and you sort of get used to it and just becomes a bit normal, when infact it’s all a bit nuts.

What i try and do with domain names is see things in a non-nerd way (if you will) when buying, just as a did before i started registering domain names, as 95% of people who will be buying headsets won’t be nerds, that’s why I’m not a fan of MR domain names, to a native English speaker it sounds like mister and not really all that marketable – I’m sure even the biggest MR investors thought that when they first heard it, so i always try to go with those first thoughts on something.

As said, maybe I’m wrong but just thought I’d add my opinion.

That's the song I've been singing for a while now here. XR + ConsumerKeyword may not work. XR has a LOT of catching up to do if it will EVER become a non-business consumer term. For now and likely for a very long time, XR is just a developer and industry terminology - meaning, if you are not a developer or business owner in the immersive tech industry you will likely not no what XR is and will likely have no reason to even give a shit. The big corps will not start using it to describe non-business related, consumer products and services (maybe an industry service catering to devs and start ups in someday). Some people here are having a hard time digesting this for some reason.

I have XR names but they are strictly INDUSTRY domains. The catch is that a brandable XR name can be used as a industry (B2B) and consumer domain. Like "SynergyXR" for example....could be used for either, but I don't really bother with names like that because there are too many available and the demand is not high enough to justify regging them. I'd rather stick to sure bets like my XRDevelopers dot com.

P.S. I'd like to correct you on in that most people when they use XR are referring to X Reality, not Extended Reality, which has the same acronym.

X-Reality
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Reality_(XR)

Last edited:
•••
I've been thinking about this one for a while before justifying it. My first choice would have been XRAdvertising (who here owns that BTW? @cordoba , @VRdommy ?), but this is still pretty good IMHO.

XRAdvertiser

For a company who wants to provide advertising services in both AR and VR. XRMarketing would also be nice, but it seems to be in use.

•••
If you look at the product trends, articles being released, products launches, how common the phrases are, what the top 20 companies are investing in...it looks like VR, AR, MR and then XR in that order, but if you get good names in any of them, you will do ok. I am looking at names in all of them but focus on VR the most

AR is growing a lot quicker than I expected as well

Leave out the MR and put AR in front of VR if you are thinking long term, in terms of popularity (AR, VR, XR) Just my take!

•••
Leave out the MR and put AR in front of VR if you are thinking long term, in terms of popularity (AR, VR, XR) Just my take!

Leave the MR to me :)

•••
Leave the MR to me :)

Yes. Leave all the MR to Elad :-D and don't sue me if I'm wrong. Just my take on all of this.

Reg all the MR you want. Be my guest! I want nothing to do with confusing MS gimmicks (even though that's not originally where MR came from).

Last edited:
•••
Yes. Leave all the MR to Elad :-D and don't sue me if I'm wrong. Just my take on all of this.

Reg all the MR you want. Be my guest! I want nothing to do with confusing MS gimmicks (even though that's not originally where MR came from).

I actually took all the MR and Mixed Reality names i wanted lol.. Haha

•••
I actually took all the MR and Mixed Reality names i wanted lol.. Haha

Well, I wasn't referring to you because I know you've got your full...good luck by the way! If MR goes Pop I will have to own it like a man! I just doubt it, given who will be using that term.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back