IT.COM

High traffic and zero earnings. It's normal?

NameSilo
Watch

JoaoPT

Impact
I've parked my domains at Uniregistry (and they activated the service, after my request). In the last few days i have visits to my domains in the order of the hundreds (almost 300), but zero revenue. Is normal? It makes me think about the earnings some people make... I can't put the chart because forum don't allow direct image upload and my account don't allow links.

It's possible to exist any issue with my DNS records that breaks the parking system? I use the cloudflare dashboard because i need to manage DNS records sometimes and i don't have it in my registrars (i hold only domains, not other services) Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Mine too, 500+ visits but zero

•••
Domain parking is pretty much dead. Either build a website on the domain or concentrate on outbound marketing to re-sell your domain name ... or you can hold for the long-term.

•••
It's pretty normal bot traffic and scrapers can make even more like 10000 visits and zero clicks (i got few domains like this). So You need to find other way to monetize Your domains. You should use something else than parking to check Your traffic source.

•••
I suggest you take your top 2-3 highest traffic domains and use ParkingCrew. PC have the 'tightest' bot filter out of any service I've used. That way you can approximately see what the real usable traffic for parking is.

Note also that G ads might be totally unrelated to what the visitors are looking for (hence the lack of clicks). Your options in that case are:
a. wait for the system to adjust the ads to your visitors (will take some time to complete)
b. set your own *relevant to the domain* keywords. It's faster but you might mess the keyword optimisation up if you set the wrong keywords.

Most probably though -as others have said- your traffic consists of bots so don't be disappointed if after all you try you still get no results.

•••
My resent earning a single domain....
($2.14)
20200412_201044.jpg
20200412_200727.jpg

•••
Its usually depends on your type of traffic, source of traffic and geo . Traffic from US, Canada and Europe countries give more opportunity. But visitor should to click on ads , so if they are 500 traffic and didn't click any ads, your revenue almost zero

•••
Domain parking is pretty much dead. Either build a website on the domain or concentrate on outbound marketing to re-sell your domain name ... or you can hold for the long-term.
And domain resell? Is dying too (or already dead)?

And why some people, still nowadays, report earnings in parked domains? It's an "insider" game?

I'm complaining about my $0.60 at sedo.com in 15 days but, after $0 in bodis, $0 in uniregistry, i think i'll return to sedo. At least it pays a coffee (in Portugal). After transfer fees i earn $0 lol.

•••
You can go into your Sedo and Bodis accounts and find out where the traffic is coming from. I'd suggest trying ParkingCrew and Voodoo. Some domains just perform better at certain parking providers than they do at others. If none of the parking providers work to your satisfaction, perhaps you might try using zeroclick.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back