Dynadot

Zero Click

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Curious how you guys feel about zero click?

This is where your domain automatically gets forwarded to a relevant advertisers site without showing your parking page.

Personally I think it's cool if your goal is parking income but I don't think it's cool that parking companies automatically opt your domains into this as if your goal is a domain sale they will never see your sales link when the url gets automatically directed to an advertisers site direct.

I just emailed 2 parking companies to ask if they can turn this off on my accounts. Should be opt in in my opinion not automatically redirect everyone's domains direct to advertisers so their sales banners show less especially since I have always made more from domain sales than parking income.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a crap shoot really, I like it because late at night some of my mid performing names get re-directed, I am getting about 0.04 a re-direct, I have seen it go the other way though. Some of my higher end names will get the shaft during peak hours. All in all i think it works out alright for me. I figure i am losing about $10 a day because of it. I can live with it for now i guess.

Last edited:
•••
Guess if parking for parking income won't bother many.

My angle has always been priority on having "This Domain May Be For Sale" showing which goes away on Zero Click as they never see your parked page.

Personally I'm gonna turn this off if possible and if not only going to use companies that don't force you to use this. Would be nice if it was opt in but I guess parking companies feel they know what's best for us even if that means taking the sales angle out of the picture.

I'm bringing this up as a few companies are already using this and I believe Sedo will be adding this by default in April. So for the guys that focus on sales over parking income like me good to send emails to account rep and have them turn it off.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo has it already running.

How many users are seriously going to enable the opt in? Like 3%? Opt in is rarely a good choice from a business perspective unless it is a beta feature. The users are not educated enough to understand ZeroClick yet and most won't even care to figure out what it means for their revenue.

ZeroClick is the future of parking.

You have a great point when it comes to sales, and these days sales count more than parking.

We are working on integrating the for sale into the ZeroClick and giving you the for sale option as well, where the for sale message appears for just a brief moment, like 5-10 seconds in the top frame.

We mostly don't do ZeroClick yet, but it's definitely picking up pace and it will replace PPC. Count on it.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo has it already running.

I see it at SmartName, TrafficZ, haven't seen any Sedo names redirect yet as I did check a few after seeing the SmartName one do it.

How many users are seriously going to enable the opt in? Like 3%?

Because it may not be a good decision to opt in if you care about sales links showing and actually selling domains. Another angle would be why buy a premium domain from a domainer when you can throw pennies at a parking company and get the traffic.

Opt in is rarely a good choice from a business perspective unless it is a beta feature. The users are not educated enough to understand ZeroClick yet and most won't even care to figure out what it means for their revenue.

Which is the reason for my post to alert uneducated users to make their own decisions based on their own business strategy instead of letting parking companies decide for them.

ZeroClick is the future of parking. Google has its last 1-2 years before it becomes what Yahoo is today.

Agree it can make a dent but don't think it will turn Google into a Yahoo and if it does thinking longer time frame than 1-2 years.

You have a great point when it comes to sales, and these days sales count more than parking.

We are working on integrating the for sale into the ZeroClick and giving you the for sale option as well, where the for sale message appears for just a brief moment, like 5-10 seconds in the top frame.

Only way I would use it

We mostly don't do ZeroClick yet, but it's definitely picking up pace and it will replace Google. Count on it.

Think that's a little bold of a prediction but time will tell.

•••
In regards to Sedo: http://domainnamewire.com/2012/02/16/sedo-adds-zero-click-accepts-offers-on-buy-now-domains/

"Users are automatically opted in". This was news February 16th.

Your point on sales is on target and that's one of the issues, but ofcourse there is a way to do ZeroClick and to do sales, just a matter of making sure the advertisers understand that their page may not be the full screen.

I do not think it is a bold prediction whatsoever if you'd see the statistics I'd see I'm sure you would agree. :tu:

Right now PPC has an underlying issue. The issue is that the average CTR on domain parking hovers around 10% with their advertisements. That means they lose 9 out of every 10 visitors that arrive to a parked page.

With ZeroClick, advertisers can pay 1/10th less of Google to get the same traffic, since the CTR is 100% as every visitor is simply redirected.

Right now I can tell you without any doubt in my mind, that ZeroClick in 1-2 years is where we are heading, and I'm happy that it is because it creates new opportunities.

Just as you said, ironing out the issues with the sales, letting users opt in or opt out or whatever the networks decide, and so on.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

PS
I can see now in regards to Sedo it says March 16th, so soon enough.

Last edited:
•••
In regards to Sedo: http://domainnamewire.com/2012/02/16/sedo-adds-zero-click-accepts-offers-on-buy-now-domains/

"Users are automatically opted in". This was news February 16th.

One of the sites I read daily. Checked a handful of mine and none redirect yet. See this at the bottom...

"The new terms of service go into effect March 16."

Maybe not redirecting yet or maybe some of mine are, don't wanna check more than a handful, few of my geo names seem to be redirecting from SmartName.

Your point on sales is on target and that's one of the issues, but ofcourse there is a way to do ZeroClick and to do sales, just a matter of making sure the advertisers understand that their page may not be the full screen.

couple different ways to do it or having an opt out button wouldn't hurt

I agree completely it's cool matching relevant domains direct, actually would consider being an advertiser on a few categories. Just like to see a sales option still enabled or a opt out thrown in as I have sold plenty of hand regged .com domains for 1-10k and this zero click as it stands now takes my sales angle out of play. Moving forward I will only use a company with opt out or someone that does what you are suggesting and I'm guessing you would probably be the only one to put in the effort and combine the 2.

Last edited:
•••
Indeed and agreed.

I speak for our business, but we are also trying to become a marketplace eventually and it is a difficult balance.

Either opt out and/or simply creating the for sale message on the top of the redirect in a small horizontal banner wouldn't hurt the advertisers too much.

•••
Matt are all the Zero Click ads .04 like Spare mentioned ? I certainly would not allow a managed server domain I have get .04 when I have gotten clicks that were in the $x and $xx range.

•••
Nope, it is all by domain basis with us. Not sure about the others.

We only use ZeroClick on banned domains, so you already start with practically $0 CPC as the tier 2 pay-per-click pays very little, so the only way is up.

Also with all the ZeroClick advertisers and networks giving bids in real time, it is easy to compare to the RPM that a domain has on pay-per-click and decide if ZeroClick is better or not.

•••
Sedo's response...

Thank you for contacting us.

I have added you to a list of customers who wish to opt out of the Zero Click service. Once the Zero click service is activated, you should be opted out.

I hope this is helpful and if you have any further questions or comments, please log into your Sedo account then visit our Customer Support Center at support.sedo.com.

Best regards,

Your Sedo Customer Care Team

•••
The Parking Place also allows ZeroClick. We automatically set our parked pages to domains that are added into the system. However, if the account is interested in testing out zeroclick, we can enable it.

Just contact your account manager if you'd like to try it out. It's very simple to set up.

•••
Ah the parking place. I have wanted to experiment with you for a long time but never had the time. You have like 3 CPA showing up right?

As for me, all I care is income from domain parking. I don't make any money selling.

•••
For those ok with Zero Click, why not just take out the middleman? If you have a domain getting any kind of type in traffic, contact a merchant with an affiliate program, ask them if it's ok to forward that traffic to them (the merchant) via your own affiliate link.

•••
Yes could potentially make more taking out the middle man, providing it results in a sale/conversion. Where as I think the parking company will still pay you for the view.

The main thing to keep in mind with Sedo though, is that if you ever get an offer for your domain through their marketplace, you'll be subject to a higher commission if you aren't parked on their nameservers.

•••
I finally see this in action with a new name, typed it in, automatically refreshed to some Turbo Tax deal. User will never see the parked page, spilt second. Need to go in and shut all that off.

•••
Anyone has samples of domains park at zero click? Thanks. I am pretty curious my self what it looks like.

•••
I finally see this in action with a new name, typed it in, automatically refreshed to some Turbo Tax deal. User will never see the parked page, spilt second. Need to go in and shut all that off.

I emailed Sedo & SmartName and both shut it off for my accounts, haven't gotten around to the others yet.

Anyone has samples of domains park at zero click? Thanks. I am pretty curious my self what it looks like.

Nothing to see really your domain just gets forwarded to advertisers site direct and you don't see your parked page/sales banner. So if you owned gymshoes it could go to Nike direct etc... okay if only looking for parking revenue but if trying to sell domains not so hot as your parking page/sales banner will never be seen or seen a lot less. All the redirects I saw before I turned it off were for pennies so not even sure if going for revenue if it's wise to leave it on, guess it depends how much your earning on those redirects.

Last edited:
•••
I emailed Sedo & SmartName and both shut it off for my accounts, haven't gotten around to the others yet.

Nothing to see really your domain just gets forwarded to advertisers site direct and you don't see your parked page/sales banner. So if you owned gymshoes it could go to Nike direct etc... okay if only looking for parking revenue but if trying to sell domains not so hot as your parking page/sales banner will never be seen or seen a lot less. All the redirects I saw before I turned it off were for pennies so not even sure if going for revenue if it's wise to leave it on, guess it depends how much your earning on those redirects.

Well, 4 cents per visitor is HUGE. That's $40 ecpm. I want to see where the domains get redirected to. What kind of CPA or CPS they're aiming for.

Last edited:
•••
I turned mine off by contacting sedo. Not interested in a few cents I rather have the normal parking and not turn away potential buyers for my domain names.

•••
For those ok with Zero Click, why not just take out the middleman? If you have a domain getting any kind of type in traffic, contact a merchant with an affiliate program, ask them if it's ok to forward that traffic to them (the merchant) via your own affiliate link.

This can work with ccTLDs where traffic is from one particular geo, but on domains receiving traffic from all over the world, monetizing it yourself is a little bit more complicated than simply redirecting to an affiliate program.

•••

I've got a name on Domainsponsor. I've got 8000-10,000 visitors a day hitting zero clicks and I make about $100+ in revenue. So, I'm making $10.00 per thousand people. Not bad IMO considering I paid roughly $60 for this domain.

•••
The earnings of zero click model depend on the keywords. I get up to 0.55 USD for a zero click at parkingcrew. Thats not bad at all.

•••
Matt is it possible to request a certain domain to be on zeroclick? Do guys think it's possible to use zeroclick to monetize torrent related domains?

•••
No its not possible to request domain is on zero click. Even when it is, it happens in specific cases and it is targeted and limited (country, searches) if advertisers choose that possibility, they want the exact matching traffic, the kind they need it. Thats just my opinion cause its the most logic one.

•••
Back