Domain Empire

Zero Click

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Curious how you guys feel about zero click?

This is where your domain automatically gets forwarded to a relevant advertisers site without showing your parking page.

Personally I think it's cool if your goal is parking income but I don't think it's cool that parking companies automatically opt your domains into this as if your goal is a domain sale they will never see your sales link when the url gets automatically directed to an advertisers site direct.

I just emailed 2 parking companies to ask if they can turn this off on my accounts. Should be opt in in my opinion not automatically redirect everyone's domains direct to advertisers so their sales banners show less especially since I have always made more from domain sales than parking income.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to hijack your thread OP. Does anyone else experience wild fluctuations on RPM value on zero click?

For example, one domain I own was doing about a buck a day with $15 RPM, it won't pay my bills but it was covering renewals for 40 names about 15% of my portfolio.

The same name on Bodis this year is being paid $1.50 :coffee:. I moved the name to PC and while there is some improvement, it's hovering around $2-$5 RPM.

I'm about to test out domain sponsor but at these rates I'm better off creating a lander with cpa/affiliate offers.

•••
On the flip side, we are running ads on zero click. Anyway to know where the ads are being served from?

•••
Avg. RPM ~$5 for medium-quality traffic is normal via ZeroClick...

•••
RPM depends on: from which countries your visitors + the domain itself (keyword.TLD).

•••
If mainly Asian (except Japan) or Latin traffic - then your RPM will be low or even very low...

•••
I'm aware of how zero click works and how rates vary from country to country, all traffic is from one country, nothing has changed, the RPM went from $15 to $1.20 on Bodis.

On PC it has varied anywhere from $2.50 - $12.50. It's from a top tier country. Like I said, wild fluctuations even though there has been no change in the quality of traffic.

•••
It works like Google CPC... the same model...
Advertisers are bidding on keywords and countries...
If less advertisers during certain month - then RPM will be lower...

•••
Also advertisers are able to ban the domains if they don't convert for them...
Leads to lower RPM as well...

Last edited:
•••
+ if traffic is coming via iFrame - then RPM will be ~$0 or slightly higher...
Regardless of country.

Last edited:
•••
I don't see wild fluctuations on my domains at PC...
Avg. RPM is ~stable for me more than a year already...
Only in 2nd half of December'2016 it was significantly higher than usually...

Last edited:
•••
I don't see wild fluctuations on my domains at PC...

I am just completing a test run with pc...most names have been there almost a month. Lots of visits but click thrus not so good. Enabled zero click across the board (not a fan of zeros) and will let it ride for 24 hours and see what happens. Not too happy with them right now...I have sent 2 emails in the last 3 weeks through their system with no response. All new names regged in the last few days are being sent to vdoo.

•••
Today I have sent my 2 questions via Feedback-button and was answered after a few hours...

•••
You need a separate ZeroClick-ONLY account if you really wish to test it...
If you just enabled it as backup beside Google CPC (so-called "Premium Ads") - you will never see it except some domains which were banned by Google.

•••
Regarding lots of visits and CTR ~0%...
Such stats is usual for domains with iFrame-traffic...
You may forget about them... Any optimizations will have no any impact on your revenue.

•••
•••
it depends, i feel like market swings on demand / supply change heavily for different locations as advertisers' campaigns end and begin. I like to switch my domains around when stuff gets sketchy.

Also when it comes to zero click - with both of my perfered sites, PC and Redirect.com (the parking place), it depends what else is in that account. I have a few names that will bomb all my other zeroclicks but not my clicks. See what happens if you put that name in there by it'self for a day or two.

Also with moving between. I had a name that makes about 1 - 3 dollars a day on either - but every day it makes a little bit less, and once it averages under a dollar i switch it back to the other and it starts at it's ceiling price.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back