IT.COM

Hello from Paws, a newbie

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time here? Yes.

Want to introduce yourself? Sure, why not. My name is Pat (Patricia).

Tell us about your website ... uh, the one I did with AOL (that I still have)? you don't want to know.

How you found us ... from a google search about a month ago.

and anything else you'd like ...

Wanting a better website, I contact a webhost, maybe 2-3 years ago. The webhost registered a domain name and created a few pages for me. Then about 10 months later I was notified that the webhost was no longer going to be hosting and I found my account with another host. I know very little about webpage/site creating and maintaining. I was not impressed with the emails from the second host, i.e., pricing was not consistent (perhaps didn't read previous sent emails) and typo errors ( ... six months, December, 2002 to June, 2004).

I found my current webhost at a web hosting forum. He has been a sweetheart, answering my many questions and invaluable in the instructions of how to renew and transfer my domain name so that I did not lose it.

My website is there but it hasn't been updated. I am still in the process of learning FrontPage.

Hubby and I have a retail sales business that did not have a profit last year. I think we need online exposure to generate more sales or we will be forced to go out of business.

I have come here hoping that I could get some help in creating and managing my own website.

I've been reading the many topics and threads here and feel that I almost already know some of you.

What do you think? Anyone here willing to help?

If the price is affordable I will be looking for a logo, banner, clipart, graphic or image (still not sure of the differences).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Patricia,

Welcome to WDT, you have come to the right place because the people here are friendly and if you have any questions, all you have to do is ask, and someone will respond. I hope that you find all you need here, and have fun on our forums. ;)

•••
I'd be glad to help you with a site. Tell me more about it, and tell me what you think is affordable

•••
Hello Patricia. Welcome to WDT, and i hope you enjoy your stay. I will always be there to answer your many questions, and i know i will have a great price for designing your logo, graphics ect. You can contact me through AIM, MSN, email, or send me a PM. Anytime you have a question, feel free to ask me and i will always try to answer quickly.

•••
hey. Glad to see you. I'd be glad to help you . If you have any questions just goto the respective boards and post. someone will reply. Also we have large amounts of places to get freebies for fonts, html help, classes, scripts. I'm working on putting a list of them together after I finish this project.

•••
Hello bobbi (not Bobby) I enjoyed looking around the site this past month. These hellos have been quite encouraging.

Fallout ... Affordable? I've seen such a wide pricing range for hosting and designing that my head is spinning.

Garrett/idevisedesign ... looked around your site. Did see templates ... no samples of logo, graphics, etc.

I know you are all wondering ... "retail sales business"

Ok, take a look - my pages at AOL - www.members.aol.com/snetari/ and www.members.aol.com/snetari/bows-in-stock.html

Website created by the first (now out-of-business) webhost - www.newenglandarchery.com

When we started the business we did have a store. For the last few years we have been traveling to jamborees and rendezvous. Sales have been down. As stated above, I think that we need online exposure.

I do know that we DO NOT want, is it called, e-commerce site. Another archery shop owner a few states away has stated that it is not worth the aggravation, problems and cost. Ninety percent of inquiries and customers email or use the telephone.

Insomnia ... " If you have any questions just go to the respective boards and post." Didn't see any place where I could ask - "Can I do a text draft of my page in word doc and then copy and paste into FrontPage? or do I need to type directly into FrontPage? " I have the "Step by Step FP 2002" book. Perhaps it’s not there, I missed it or I didn't understand what I was reading.

Hmm .. The template #7 at http://www.falloutweb.com/index.php?page=templates looks the same or similar to the template #8 at http://www.idevisedesign.com/designs/designs.htm

Moderators: sorry if any of the above belongs in another forum.

•••
Hello Paws,

Welcome to WDT! and Thanks for joining the forum! :D I hope you enjoy your fun and somtimes bumpy ride here. :)

Also, if you have a question, but don't think there's anywhere to post it, just post it where you think would be the most logical place for it. Don't hesitate to ask just becuase you think there's no place for it. When in doubt, post in the lounge, if you do post in the wrong forum we'll kindly move it to the correct one for you, so don't hesitate, ask away, and I'm sure if anyone can help they will, or atleast I will when I can. :beer:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back