Dynadot

debate Has the bubble burst ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well these are the auctions results yesterday at 4.cn for the so called "CHIPS" .

xnmq.com - 1573 USD
zlhq.com - 1542 USD
qfnq.com - 1631 USD

So has the bubble burst or Am I totally wrong?

Welcome your views on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree. There are big time market manipulators with deep pockets. They can drive prices either way........ Start a craze so a buyout happens ==> Create a huge demand to increase floor price drastically ==> Keep fairly stable for a while ==> stop buying ==> prices drop ==> people get scared and sell ==> buy them up cheap and increase value by control.

It's safer than an initial buyout because more people get exposed.

This reminds me of the LLL.MOBI bubble. Again, there is no real end user goal with a domain like qxzq.com . None. A three letter name could work, but four letters forget about it. And five letters, what kind of company is going to have xlwqx.com as their domain name.

All re-sellers pumping the price up themselves. There is simply way too many llll combos to have enough end user demand.

•••
This reminds me of the LLL.MOBI bubble. Again, there is no real end user goal with a domain like qxzq.com . None. A three letter name could work, but four letters forget about it. And five letters, what kind of company is going to have xlwqx.com as their domain name.

All re-sellers pumping the price up themselves. There is simply way too many llll combos to have enough end user demand.

There are too many chinese businesses that would love to own their short .com.

Also, in a Mobile world, .mobi looks cool and is a cheap otpion for end-users since short .com are expensive.

I think names like aio.mobi should be valuable to an end-user.

•••
•••
If You would have told me 3 years ago, that oneday 4 letter .com domains are priced by some Chinese bubblescheme, I would told you that you are an idiot. But what do I know. Now we watch everyday like stocks how the prices goes up and down and sell by this prices.crazy world.

•••
No change yet it seems going on yesterday's limited number of sales:

bhfw.com $1,700.00 3/15/2016 NameJet (great letters + w at the end)
kcsq.com $1,575.00 3/15/2016 GoDaddy (if this was a public auction that's $1260 net)

The spring time was supposed to be the big growth period in the Chinese market, not a great start to March that's for sure. It wouldn't be as bad if the volume was there, but it isn't and hasn't been for a long time.
In truth the same applies to many chinese markets, it's not just 4l.com chips.

I guess if you're optimistic this situation possibly presents a good buying opportunity.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back