Domain Empire

debate Has the bubble burst ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well these are the auctions results yesterday at 4.cn for the so called "CHIPS" .

xnmq.com - 1573 USD
zlhq.com - 1542 USD
qfnq.com - 1631 USD

So has the bubble burst or Am I totally wrong?

Welcome your views on this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Markets all in the RED (positive). :)

•••
This is all BS a few domains trade lower and everyone is panicking ,look at all of the sales the domains are just fluctuating it also looks like the median prices are even higher ,the only panic being created anywhere is here im happy to buy anything anyone wants to sell at 1500 with no vowels or v .

•••
All of this fluff is bananas.

The prices are following a similar BTC 'crash' that started in December.

and steadily dropping, as predicted.

Yes, domains are different from Bitcoin in that on their own each one has different metrics that can make them more or less valuable... but this floor price will continue be deflated until all 4L has the same floor.

Expect the prices to continue downward. Sorry to those that spent $2k on a gibberish 4L because it had 'pinyin' letters, but you were warned long ago.

I would not be shocked if these found an $800 - $900 floor, and all 4L's ended up being this price at some point this year.
I will give you 8 to one odds against that happening ,so if im wrong all I have to do is give up a chip that will be par with all other llll.com domains which flips the odds 8 to one against you , Get it Good ,your story makes no sense to me.

•••
I will give you 8 to one odds against that happening ,so if im wrong all I have to do is give up a chip that will be par with all other llll.com domains which flips the odds 8 to one against you , Get it Good ,your story makes no sense to me.

There is a lot of manipulation going on right now, they are selling with one hand, and buying with the other.

•••
Those charts on llllsales are garbage ,they were garbage on the way up and garbage on the way down,they use extremes to update charts , If it was a weighed average or a moving average the trend would still be showing a rise ,show me where I can buy western domains for 350 according to their graphs ,the site is a great reporting tool, But again the charts are GARBAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•••
The goal is to have as many as possible and to sell only a few occasionally for a really high price.

•••
The goal is to have as many as possible and to sell only a few occasionally for a really high price.

I can confirm this strategy works. I own thousands of LLLL.com and have for many years. The last time I sold one for less than $3500 was more than three years ago. End-user demand is up, end-user prices are up and end-user sales are up.

•••
I can confirm this strategy works. I own thousands of LLLL.com and have for many years. The last time I sold one for less than $3500 was more than three years ago. End-user demand is up, end-user prices are up and end-user sales are up.
How do you get people to pay over 3500 when your site says they consider offers over 1500 ,so I would say 99% of the bidders expect to get something close to 1500 ,so in order to get to that 3500 level after negotiation you would have to counter offer at 5000, which may scare 95% away ,so why not just make a 3500 buy it now ,if thats what your reserve is because I calculate with all those domains and how your working it you probably are only selling 3 a year , So i really find the 3500 level story hard to believe.

•••
There is a lot of manipulation going on right now, they are selling with one hand, and buying with the other.

any proof?

•••
•••
I don't think this market will crash anytime soon. There is so much money in the market world wide.
Liquid domains became as an online commodity in the world market.
It's the way to escape your money if you don't want to hold any currency while in the economic crisis.. Domainers do trade commodities and make profit from quick flipping. I can see in the future more people will buy domains when more people hear it.

•••
Talk to your friendly Chinese buyers, and read what some veterans conveyed above also.

Otherwise invest at your own risk.

thats hear - say
no proof

•••
I don't think this market will crash anytime soon. There is so much money in the market world wide.
Liquid domains became as an online commodity in the world market.
It's the way to escape your money if you don't want to hold any currency while in the economic crisis.. Domainers do trade commodities and make profit from quick flipping. I can see in the future more people will buy domains when more people hear it.

do you realy think the chinese investors who just buy in bulk and did so for month
are losing money on their trades???
or would continue do so if they would expect losing money???

they are absorbing the market supply

http://domainpayout.com/4lcomchips.php
see what sold today

•••
The same thing happens in every single market on earth. Price is always being manipulated by Smart Money. These practices have been going on for centuries and will continue to go on. The proof is in price action. Study the charts. Study price history. Don't blindly follow what everyone is doing.

You are all sheep until you realise what the shepherd is doing.

Last edited:
•••
I think much like any market there will be peaks and dips. Perhaps this is simply a dip and not a bubble burst. Then again, who knows.... only time will tell :)

•••
do you realy think the chinese investors who just buy in bulk and did so for month
are losing money on their trades???
or would continue do so if they would expect losing money???

I don't think Chinese are loosing money.. They are smart people, they know what they are doing.
There are 23 million domains and 3.4 billion value on Chaomi displayed. I don't think this money can be wiped out easily. And imagine that China has population 1.4 billion, Chaomi index has been there just 6 months, more Chinese hear about will jump into the train.
I just wonder if western people realize one day it's good way to secure your money and buy online commodities which are not dependent to any location, government or currency.. I believe investing on stock exchange of any country becoming more risky than domain market in crisis time.
How do you secure your money?

•••
•••
happy to buy anything anyone wants to sell at 1500 with no vowels or v .

i would buy a LLLL.com with "vowels" and a "v"!

viki.com has both and would be pretty valuable, so I've never understood the "stay away from "bad" letters".

The market might be dropping but that is just because it has gone up so high, so fast. It has to make a correction here and there!

•••
Ask yourself who is causing the alarm and then you will know the answer(s).

•••

Exactly. Drive the price up, then drive it back down to create more buying opportunities. Buy, then push the price back up. Repeat.

•••
I don't think Chinese are loosing money.. They are smart people, they know what they are doing.

i also heard they are superbeings who buy only winning lottery tickets...

There are 23 million domains and 3.4 billion value on Chaomi displayed. I don't think this money can be wiped out easily.

Microsoft has 7.9B outstanding shares
every $1 dip wipes out $7.9B in market value in no time
52 weeks range $40-$56 = $126B change in market cap
and thats only 1 company
compare to $3.4B - peanuts. can be wiped out overnight
and the story wont even be picked up by WSJ...

lets be honest - its a gamble. there's no any fundamentals or book value in "chips".
end user interest is so rare and unpredictable for a random "xzqj" or "51983" that it can hardly justify regfee valuation if at all...
4Ls can be equally easily at $5K or at $100 in a matter of months depending on crowd sentiment
cant happen? ...flowers.mobi was valued at $200,000 not long ago, how much would you pay today?

•••

and thats only 1 company

lets be honest - its a gamble. there's no any fundamentals or book value in "chips".
end user interest is so rare and unpredictable for a random "xzqj" or "51983" that it can hardly justify regfee valuation if at all...
4Ls can be equally easily at $5K or at $100 in a matter of months depending on crowd sentiment
cant happen? ...flowers.mobi was valued at $200,000 not long ago, how much would you pay today?
Good points!

•••

and thats only 1 company

Flowers.mobi was sold for $10,000 to a domainer who got a margin call when he bought Facebook at $25, and it dropped, he then got in touch with 1-800-Flowers and sold it to them for $5K or 6.5K I can't remember which it was, but they must have been happy they passed paying $200k for the mobi that day. Even though it is a small amount based on their sales.

What is going on has nothing to do with the investment valuations of domains, it is there is an accessible finite number, and they can trade, and create volatility.

•••
I asked myself, but did not come up an answer.Who is causing this panic?

•••

and thats only 1 company

it's gamble as much as stock exchange or any other investment instrument on this earth.. How do you decide prices in this world? prices are all speculated and not reflecting the real value. Price of gold, price of oil, price of houses, price of car, price of electronics, prices of food.. which one is reflecting real meta value? tell me please.
If you invest on stocks, bonds, funds, contracts, futures etc.. then what is wrong with domain market? Not much difference than fundamental pricing on this earth.
In fact, real difference than all other investment products, you can buy/sell domains online in the global domain market easily without depending on any currency.. Carry them with you online to anywhere and change them when you need it.
You cant carry your car, house, food.. and trade them.. Stock markets are not safe at the moment.. Gold, oil are dependent on US dollars. what if US dollar sucks? your gold will be sucked up as well. we should be even considering trading domains in bitcoins.. So, you will be completely independent.. There are some countries which have bitcoin cash machines. I believe we will see more of crypto currencies and digital commodities in future will be used and traded globally.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back