IT.COM

tips China Owes Me a New Pair of Eyes for X-Mas!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
Seriously .. am I the only one who's eyes are about to completely fry due to the insanely large number of Chip domains in the drop lists lately ??? All reg'ed one year ago at the peak of the Chip madness!

A week or so ago there were a ton of short .net's .. now an onslaught of 5L .coms .. and even a batch of 4L .biz

It's X-Mas .. I want to burst some bubble wrap .. not witness a domain bubble burst!

I'd share with all of you where to find these abominations ... but these so called Chips are completely useless and worthless .. I doubt even 0.1% will ever come close to finding a happy home with an end user .. so my gift to all of you is not sharing and thus sparing you from the pain of going through them all! Seriously .. somebody get me an optometrist gift certificate for X-Mas! :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so you spend hours and waste your eyes going through what you call useless domains because why again?

•••
so you spend hours and waste your eyes going through what you call useless domains because why again?
I doubt even 0.1% will ever come close to finding a happy home with an end user ..

Two very good reasons ...
1- For the possible rare 1/2000 that aren't that bad (even when there is a massive drop there still are regular (non-chip) domains mixed in ... but not many ...
2- More importantly .. it isn't really possible to know the percentage of garbage in a list until after you've looked through it (OR .. unless someone warns you ahead of time like I did above .. lol)! ;)

Another very important reason is to learn about the Chip phenomenon .. if you don't look at the lists it's hard to learn about what's going on in the domain market (particularly if you're newer to domaining like myself). ;)

Last edited:
•••
I'd leave the Chips to the Fish..

•••
One gnawing question remains.

Thee assumption for anyone buying them from such lists is that " some Chinese will want it some day"

But if it was "out there" and you can get you hands on it.

Why?

The Chinese are the best scavengers in any market. You don't think they have seen the same dropped domain you are looking at?

Lol the next question to is

Are you more clever than a Chinese? Or Indian With the means to go thru such lists ?

Also aren't drops equivalent to "the touch of death"?

These were most likely Dropped by the same market that you intend to sell to.

Not singling out anyone here just speaking in general.

GL!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back