Dynadot

Hand regged sold in 47 minutes

NameSilo
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
Still in escrow, so hopefully everything goes well. Hand regged using a coupon and like usually set it up for sale on major marketplaces, on some with make offer and on others with buy now. After 47 minutes somebody hits buy now button for around 1k. Best ROI from a sale until now. I can not give more details until the sale is final and the cash is where it should be....in my account.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Push is usually within the same register and is free, Account Transfer is between different registrars and is chargeable.

•••
So it's been about a week did u finsh the deal?

•••
So it's been about a week did u finsh the deal?
The escrow is still pending. The sale was thru afternic premium market, I have asked them and they said that the buyer has 10 working days to deal with the payment. I had some sales thru afternic and most of them were closed before the 10 days time frame, probably depends on the buyer. In the meantime, I had one more enquire about a domain with the same main keyword bought after the '47' one. I can only wait and see what will happen...it's good that the amount is not to big, otherwise I would have some stress.

•••
One more inquiry huh.. amazing..good luck let us know what happens

•••
One more inquiry huh.. amazing..good luck let us know what happens
They just asked how much, I have told them to make an offer and that's it...most of the times they will not come with an offer or they will make a low offer. The are a lot like these during a year but in the same time they are the least money making ...at least in my case.

•••
Getting two inquires on one name that's a hand reg in such little time.. Sounds like bs. Unless its the same person trying to get a cheaper price and that's why they didn't pay on afternic.. I could be wrong... what do i know.

Last edited:
•••
Getting two inquires on one name that's a hand reg in such little time.. Sounds like bs. Unless its the same person trying to get a cheaper price and that's why they didn't pay on afternic.. I could be wrong... what do i know.
It's not the same name.....I have registered around 25 names with the main keyword, knowing that people tend to register everything related to the successful keywords, when they found out the name so it's s name containing the same main keyword who had an enquiry. It's not too hard , if you know the name to check it on afternic and whois to see if I'm right. It's so easy to call it bullshit, but in the same time it's so easy for me to prove it, with a copy of couple of emails, if I really want this.

Last edited:
•••
Looks like the sale didn't finalized after all. I understand that the buyer bought before thru afternic, but this time didn't paid on time and was banned from using afternic anymore. The domain was 'decibel labs' ( for who wants to know), labs being a strong keyword on major brnadable marketplaces. The name was rejected by BB and in the meantime I have bought around 20 names with that keyword, few of them being accepted and one enquiry on another 'labs' name thru my personal email but that's it.

Last edited:
•••
Nice!
But the best is when enduser contacts you to buy the domain which is actually available (due to some 3rd-party WHOISes where data was cached) - I had such case also, so handregged and instantly sold this .PRO for $888 in March'2015...

Last edited:
•••
My friend had similar case with available .PRO but on Sedo (the domain was listed there but dropped)...
So it was bidded, then regged again and sold! ))))

Last edited:
•••
Looks like the sale didn't finalized after all. I understand that the buyer bought before thru afternic, but this time didn't paid on time and was banned from using afternic anymore. The domain was 'decibel labs' ( for who wants to know), labs being a strong keyword on major brnadable marketplaces. The name was rejected by BB and in the meantime I have bought around 20 names with that keyword, few of them being accepted and one enquiry on another 'labs' name thru my personal email but that's it.
Sorry to hear that the sale didnt finalize . But Just wanted to know something. You regged the name and in 47 minutes it was sold and in escrow? So far here is Ok. But now when you said the name was "Decibel Labs " and BB rejected it , I am confused. Did BB review it before those 47 minutes ?

•••
Sorry to hear that the sale didnt finalize . But Just wanted to know something. You regged the name and in 47 minutes it was sold and in escrow? So far here is Ok. But now when you said the name was "Decibel Labs " and BB rejected it , I am confused. Did BB review it before those 47 minutes ?
I have a simple system: every time when I'm buying a name, I list it on major marketplaces and submit it at BB for approval, otherwise sometimes I forget to list them if I buy more of them. In this case I knew that somebody hit the 'buy now' button, but I have not take it from BB because I was curios what BB will say about it. The response from BB came one week later, when was still in escrow. For a full disclosure, I had two more offers like this: simba/co , whith PR4, a dropped domain, for which I had a low xxx offer in the first 24 hours and monitoringg/com for which I had first a low xxx offer, rejected, then a mid xxx offer(7 hours after was hand regged) and asked for more, but the buyer didn't want to pay. People are saying that it's hard to sell ahand regged in short time, but there are millions of combinations out there and nobody can think at all of them at once. I'm thinking that it's something like a sugestion box: you need a name for your company, you spend a few hours looking for the right one at a good price...you can't find the rigth one, but the next day you notice 'decibel labs', you like it and the price is k, so you hit the 'buy now'. The only thing is that you could find something better in the meantime or you could notice that the name was hand registered and you don't think that you should pay 1k for something for which somebody paid 10$.

Last edited:
•••
I have a simple system: every time when I'm buying a name, I list it on major marketplaces and submit it at BB for approval, otherwise sometimes I forget to list them if I buy more of them. In this case I knew that somebody hit the 'buy now' button, but I have not take it from BB because I was curios what BB will say about it. The response from BB came one week later, when was still in escrow. For a full disclosure, I had two more offers like this: simba/co , whith PR4, a dropped domain, for which I had a low xxx offer in the first 24 hours and monitoringg/com for which I had first a low xxx offer, rejected, then a mid xxx offer and asked for more, ut the buyer didn't want to pay. People are saying that it's hard to sell ahand regged in short time, but there are millions of combinations out there and nobody can think at all of them at once. I'm thinking that it's something like a sugestion box: you need a name for your company, you spend a few hours looking for the right one at a good price...you can't find the rigth one, but the next day you notice 'decibel labs', you like it and the price is k, so you hit the 'buy now'. The only thing is that you could find something better in the meantime or you could notice that the name was hand registered and you don't think that you should pay 1k for something for which somebody paid 10$.
Fair enough. Thanks

•••
•••
Inspiring.

Not

•••
•••
I'm curious, do you usually invest extra cash for listings on these marketplaces to get the interest? Or do you just list and wait? I've never had luck with such places myself. I know places like sedo can take a very long time to get any interest.

Last edited:
•••
I'm curious, do you usually invest extra cash for listings on these marketplaces to get the interest? Or do you just list and wait? I've never had luck with such places myself. I know places like sedo can take a very long time to get any interest.
I don't invest anything else. In the beginning I have tried the paid auctions at flippa and godaddy, but I was getting just low offers, probably you need a very good name underpriced or some average name willing to sale it for xx, if you count on auctions. Probably it will work if you don't pay to much on them and willing to sell them for xxx-low xxxx. For me it's working with one word and short .co, 3-4 letter org acronyms, short brandables .com or two word brandables, 3 letter .me(acronyms). The idea is that you need patience.....sometimes it can be couple of months without a good offer and sometimes you can have a few in one week.

•••
Good advice for newbies there! Thanks for sharing!

•••
Just got an inquiry on a hand registered .com within 10 minutes for $80, mostly by a domainer, but won't sell it lol Incredible! Broken a personal record :)

•••
Just got an inquiry on a hand registered .com within 10 minutes for $80, mostly by a domainer, but won't sell it lol Incredible! Broken a personal record :)
Great job. Probably it's from flippa....there are a lot of domainers on flippa and they react faster than end users. Also I have noticed that domainers even if they like a name or they have a client for one name somebody else own's, they don't like to show it. I have received recently an offer of 150$ for a hand regged one month before from a domainer, but he didn't want somebody else to know what offer he made...probably the domainers like to keep the offers hidden, so that the prices will not go up. Usually is a good sign when you have a watcher or offer soon after the hand reg....probably there is a end user for that name as well.

•••
Great job. Probably it's from flippa....there are a lot of domainers on flippa

The inquiry came directly through a sales banner I have setup for the domain, the name is not listed on Flippa. Think it was a direct type in. :)

•••
The inquiry came directly through a sales banner I have setup for the domain, the name is not listed on Flippa. Think it was a direct type in. :)
There is a small chance that he could be an end user....if he offers more than 200-300$ then you will know that he's not a domainer.

•••
There is a small chance that he could be an end user....if he offers more than 200-300$ then you will know that he's not a domainer.
He said that "he knows I registered the domain today and that is why he only offers $80 for a quick flip", so by that I assume he is a domainer. Maybe a member here ;)

•••
Always love those quick sales. Congrats!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back