IT.COM

Hand regged sold in 47 minutes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
Still in escrow, so hopefully everything goes well. Hand regged using a coupon and like usually set it up for sale on major marketplaces, on some with make offer and on others with buy now. After 47 minutes somebody hits buy now button for around 1k. Best ROI from a sale until now. I can not give more details until the sale is final and the cash is where it should be....in my account.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Still in escrow, so hopefully everything goes well. Hand regged using a coupon and like usually set it up for sale on major marketplaces, on some with make offer and on others with buy now. After 47 minutes somebody hits buy now button for around 1k. Best ROI from a sale until now. I can not give more details until the sale is final and the cash is where it should be....in my account.
I had a better rate of return .99 cents on ebay sold for 4500 with 300 paid escrow which escrow only ran half that because customer wired money so more or less a $4650 profit

•••
Looks like the sale didn't finalized after all. I understand that the buyer bought before thru afternic, but this time didn't paid on time and was banned from using afternic anymore. The domain was 'decibel labs' ( for who wants to know), labs being a strong keyword on major brnadable marketplaces. The name was rejected by BB and in the meantime I have bought around 20 names with that keyword, few of them being accepted and one enquiry on another 'labs' name thru my personal email but that's it.

Last edited:
•••
Just got an inquiry on a hand registered .com within 10 minutes for $80, mostly by a domainer, but won't sell it lol Incredible! Broken a personal record :)

•••
•••
That’s crazy, only thing I can think what’s happened here, is they was looking at registering this name for a while, never did, you came along and took it so they had no option other than to give you $1k for it.

Congrats.
I was thinking the same thing at the beginning, but the time frame was to short for this....that means that the buyer should check the whois just a few minutes after it was registered, to find it thru google on major marketplaces, to find exactly the one place which had BIN( the others were make offer). So to do that in just a good half an hour it's improbable....the name is a 2 words brandable, so I think that the buyer was just using some keywords looking for a name and this one was the right thing at the right place. It was submitted before the sale to BB, I 'm curious if they will accept it and what will be the price tag. From my experience the buyers don't check how long you owned the domain, if it fit's the searched criteria than it's good. From around 750 names, this is the third time for a regged name to get offers in the first day, I had one more .co with low to mid xxx offer in the first 24 hours and one mid xxx offer for a double letter brandable.

Last edited:
•••
Wow!! That was fast !!
Congrats and keep us updated

•••
Great!! This is domaining.....

•••
I would advise you share NO info with anyone UNTIL you have money in your pocket.

•••
•••
Congrats @boker

Next time you make a good sale, start the thread after escrow is complete and you have money in your account. I just read 3 pages and the info is still not revealed. "LOL"

•••
Nice!
But the best is when enduser contacts you to buy the domain which is actually available (due to some 3rd-party WHOISes where data was cached) - I had such case also, so handregged and instantly sold this .PRO for $888 in March'2015...

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to hear that the sale didnt finalize . But Just wanted to know something. You regged the name and in 47 minutes it was sold and in escrow? So far here is Ok. But now when you said the name was "Decibel Labs " and BB rejected it , I am confused. Did BB review it before those 47 minutes ?
I have a simple system: every time when I'm buying a name, I list it on major marketplaces and submit it at BB for approval, otherwise sometimes I forget to list them if I buy more of them. In this case I knew that somebody hit the 'buy now' button, but I have not take it from BB because I was curios what BB will say about it. The response from BB came one week later, when was still in escrow. For a full disclosure, I had two more offers like this: simba/co , whith PR4, a dropped domain, for which I had a low xxx offer in the first 24 hours and monitoringg/com for which I had first a low xxx offer, rejected, then a mid xxx offer(7 hours after was hand regged) and asked for more, but the buyer didn't want to pay. People are saying that it's hard to sell ahand regged in short time, but there are millions of combinations out there and nobody can think at all of them at once. I'm thinking that it's something like a sugestion box: you need a name for your company, you spend a few hours looking for the right one at a good price...you can't find the rigth one, but the next day you notice 'decibel labs', you like it and the price is k, so you hit the 'buy now'. The only thing is that you could find something better in the meantime or you could notice that the name was hand registered and you don't think that you should pay 1k for something for which somebody paid 10$.

Last edited:
•••
Nice.....Would be a good domain....Congrats .....

•••
Congratulations boker. Such sales are a real booster. May more come your way. :lookaround:

•••
That’s crazy, only thing I can think what’s happened here, is they was looking at registering this name for a while, never did, you came along and took it so they had no option other than to give you $1k for it.

Congrats.

•••
Congrats @boker

Next time you make a good sale, start the thread after escrow is complete and you have money in your account. I just read 3 pages and the info is still not revealed. "LOL"
Thanks....I think that what info was important was revealed: two word brandables do sell, it's possible to sell a hand regged for a good ROI and that a domain it does not have to be years old, so that the buyers pay for it; the exact keyword1+keyword2 combination is less important, because if I will reveal now the exact domain, people will start registering every combination related to one of the keywords, plurals, typo's or even contact the buyer to sell him something else. In conclusion, I think that the couple of minutes spent to reed the 3 pages should worth the info revealed.

•••
There is a small chance that he could be an end user....if he offers more than 200-300$ then you will know that he's not a domainer.
He said that "he knows I registered the domain today and that is why he only offers $80 for a quick flip", so by that I assume he is a domainer. Maybe a member here ;)

•••
...Hand regged using a coupon and like usually set it up for sale on major marketplaces, on some with make offer and on others with buy now...

Congrats! :)
So, which marketplace paid off so handsomely in this case?

•••
•••
•••
Interesting! Many Congratulations... looking forward to details once its all completes smoothly.

•••
Brilliant deal man This surely motivates domainers like me. Congrats and wish you many more such deals.

Do share the name whenever you can. :)

•••
Could you tell us, how or what criteria you used to find that expired domain?. you went through expired list or through your own madeup word?
I have a list of around 200 keywords that worked well for me before, regarding offers and views, so mostly I buy around these keywords.

•••
I had a better rate of return .99 cents on ebay sold for 4500 with 300 paid escrow which escrow only ran half that because customer wired money so more or less a $4650 profit
You have done well...for me it's important because it was in a short time frame and you can reinvest the amount to generate more roi

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back