IT.COM

Hand regged sold in 47 minutes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
Still in escrow, so hopefully everything goes well. Hand regged using a coupon and like usually set it up for sale on major marketplaces, on some with make offer and on others with buy now. After 47 minutes somebody hits buy now button for around 1k. Best ROI from a sale until now. I can not give more details until the sale is final and the cash is where it should be....in my account.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
lol guys guys! I don't think Boker plans to say soon even after the completion of the sale. If it's an untapped niche? He'd be smart not to say anything until he registers all the best keyword combos around the main "product or service" he's has found would sell that quickly.

mentioning the domain would merely create competition for that keyword he has found. if I were him? find every possible domain combo before mentioning. lol
Yes, you' re right, I had some one my list Tha I wanted to register first...but in the end If others will register the rest of them than it will create more competition and it will raise the prices.

•••
What does it matter that the domain was sold in 47 minutes? Quick flips happen all the time. There is nothing so special about this sale that it merits dozens of congratulations and PM requests. Newbies seem to be getting excited for no reason - there is no magic trick the OP can teach you to help you close within an hour as opposed to a slightly longer time frame.
It's not important the '47' time frame....probably everybody expects that if the name was sold so fast it will give a hint about wat will get more enquires, views or offers.

•••
Congrats!

it's great to hear a story like this. Please inform details when you can.

•••
lol guys guys! I don't think Boker plans to say soon even after the completion of the sale. If it's an untapped niche? He'd be smart not to say anything until he registers all the best keyword combos around the main "product or service" he's has found would sell that quickly.

mentioning the domain would merely create competition for that keyword he has found. if I were him? find every possible domain combo before mentioning. lol

Not given it out is greed and does not mean every keyword around it will sell like that. But let's wait for him to collect his proceeds.
However, the best is unborn yet. Nice sale and congrats. Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats @boker

Next time you make a good sale, start the thread after escrow is complete and you have money in your account. I just read 3 pages and the info is still not revealed. "LOL"

i should have read your post first lol that way i wouldn't have read the first 3 pages too and still don't know the domain lol

•••
i should have read your post first lol that way i wouldn't have read the first 3 pages too and still don't know the domain lol
You shouldn't have reed any page....with ot without knowing the name it will not make an difference...just wasting the time to tell me about the 3 pages and already this show's that you're not spending your 'domaining' time wisely.

•••
I think that it was just the right name with The right keywords...one if the strong one, in trend at the moment at BB and other tech oriented marketplaces....and the other is related to audio-visual segment...so probably it will be a tech service company...

sometimes good domain names can go too cheap but sometimes its the perfect domain for the buyer and equally although many probably wouldn't have sold a 2 word .com for that price etc $1000 in your back pocket will produce significant profit if invested in more of the same

•••
Please, all-knowing one, let us know how to spend our time 'wisely'
Would that include reading and responding to our own threads instead of yours?
Or is this action reserved for the most gifted domainers

•••
Please, all-knowing one, let us know how to spend our time 'wisely'
Would that include reading and responding to our own threads instead of yours?
Or is this action reserved for the most gifted domainers
You should just take the needed info from all treads and that's it...nobody it's paid to make you happy....you have some info, if you are using it perfect...if not even better...

•••
You shouldn't have reed any page....with ot without knowing the name it will not make an difference...just wasting the time to tell me about the 3 pages and already this show's that you're not spending your 'domaining' time wisely.

don't take my post too seriously

it was said in jest as i liked the humour in the post k replied to etc

I do like it when a domain name investor posts their domain name successes as you have done its great for fellow domain name investors like myself etc

and i too concentrate on two word .com domain names etc so can relate to why you would want to not reveal the domain name etc

•••
ummm I just realized something. is something like this even possible? given that registrars put 60 domain locks on all new registered domains? therefore should all claims of "quick sale" go like this.

"Sold domain 47 minutes after the last day of the mandatory 60 day domain lock"?

correct me if I'm wrong please? thanks.;)

•••
Yes, you' re right, I had some one my list Tha I wanted to register first...but in the end If others will register the rest of them than it will create more competition and it will raise the prices.

will it really? if all suffix and prefix combos for your main keyword gets taken? wouldn't that just make more options for your potential buyer "tire kicker"?

•••
ummm I just realized something. is something like this even possible? given that registrars put 60 domain locks on all new registered domains? therefore should all claims of "quick sale" go like this.

"Sold domain 47 minutes after the last day of the mandatory 60 day domain lock"?

i can see why domain registrar s put the 60 day locks on transfers etc and it makes sense but there should be a system in place where basically the domain name transfers instantly but with a pending message on the who's etc eg subject to escrow etc so that people get a sense of instantly ownership and can. physically see the domain name has s new buyer etc but with a traffic light system eg waiting for funds = red funds cleared checking verification of buyer and seller eg orange and domain name successfully sold a green light appears in who's etc

•••
i can see why domain registrar s put the 60 day locks on transfers etc and it makes sense but there should be a system in place where basically the domain name transfers instantly but with a pending message on the who's etc eg subject to escrow etc so that people get a sense of instantly ownership and can. physically see the domain name has s new buyer etc but with a traffic light system eg waiting for funds = red funds cleared checking verification of buyer and seller eg orange and domain name successfully sold a green light appears in who's etc

I guess the "work around" for the 60 day lock is a 60 "lease" to the buyer? Pay up front? while thee owner points the domain to the buyer's "Whatever"?

if Escrow.com supported this type of transaction they might get a boost in sales?

Where by Escrow.com takes payment and somehow keeps the current domain owner "honest" and pointing the domain to the buyer's website whatever. unless the 60 lock ends?

what do you think? did I just give a million dollar idea? lol

I'm here all day folks! lol

•••
I guess the "work around" for the 60 day lock is a 60 "lease" to the buyer? Pay up front? while thee owner points the domain to the buyer's "Whatever"?

if Escrow.com supported this type of transaction they might get a boost in sales?

Where by Escrow.com takes payment and somehow keeps the current domain owner "honest" and pointing the domain to the buyer's website whatever. unless the 60 lock ends?

what do you think? did I just give a million dollar idea? lol

I'm here all day folks! lol

they could always a feedback system etc where it wouldn't matter now good a domain name is people buy from people and would rate user experience etc and obviously ghost domain sellers who offer the best help .nf cooperation throughout the sale get the most sales and people would probably pay slightly more to buy from certain sellers

•••
Ah, fair enough too. I'd be interested to know what it was if you'd care to share it via PM. And which platform it sold on for that matter...
I'm interesting too what's the name you sold and where. Please PM me after completion.

•••

You are wrong ...you can sell any domain even after 1 minute....you can push the domain even if you use escrow....at BB, afternic, sedo and all major marketplaces.

•••
You are wrong ...you can sell any domain even after 1 minute....you can push the domain even if you use escrow....at BB, afternic, sedo and all major marketplaces.

how? I keep reading about this 60 day lock on here from NP people and from my registrars. so can someone else confirm? thanks

•••
how? I keep reading about this 60 day lock on here from NP people and from my registrars. so can someone else confirm? thanks

it's the transfer lock.. domains can be sold and 'pushed' to the buyer on the same registrar. But cannot be transferred out to another registrar for 60 days.

•••
it's the transfer lock.. domains can be sold and 'pushed' to the buyer on the same registrar. But cannot be transferred out to another registrar for 60 days.

ahh there you go. now I remember that. lol thanks haris. I knew it was something like that. I'm a newbie please forgive. lol

•••
Congrats boker, appreciate if you can PM when the deal goes through ...

•••
Congrats boker, the should be listed in the Guiness book of records. Once settled would want to know the name, and where sold though PM.

•••

Good point - for those who have not pushed a domain name before myself included etc could you explain how to push a domain name and explain how much it costs to push a domain name? I have heard of free gd push when looking at buyingdomain names so obviously there would be nonfree domain push option?

•••
Domain names should always be free to push. If your registrar is charging then RUN!!!! (There may be some edge case stipulations for some crazy DONUT domains but I don't know of any.)

Just click the domain and unlock the domain. Then depending on your registrar, click around and find the Account Change button (or similar). This is actually different from a transfer. You may see two options. Transfer or Account Change. Do Account Change. You will need to know the other account number or name. Then send the domain away. The other person will need to confirm. That's basically all. No money should be involved.

You've probably already googled it but I'm experiencing a bit of insomnia and waiting for my eyes to forget to open back up and this has been a good filler.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back