Dynadot

news NamePros Parking adds Buy Now (and much more)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey, domain sellers! 👋

We have a special surprise for you.

Continuing from last year (and last week), we have some exciting updates to share with you about NamePros Parking!

First, consider this:

You price your domain name at $2,500. For years, hundreds of interested buyers want to buy it, but the price is too high for them. They don't even try to contact you because they don't realize that the price is negotiable or may change. Years later, you decide to lower the price to $995. How many previously-interested buyers would buy it at this lowered price? You’d never know — until now!

With our new Buy Now options, you can finally contact those previous buyers to increase your sales opportunities. 💸

Here’s how:

Our landers require buyers to confirm their email address before they can see the price. Once confirmed, the price is available to them and their email address is available to you. Simple and effective.

1712936633688.png

Now, let’s talk new features!​

• Buy Now: Add a Buy button with a sales price and payment options for buyers to purchase your domains.
    • Escrow.com (Recommended): Starts an Escrow.com transaction for you and allows the buyer to pay immediately.
    • PayPal: Creates a PayPal transaction for the buyer to pay directly to your PayPal account.
    • Email: You and the buyer use email to choose a payment method (e.g., crypto), discuss lease-to-own (LTO) options, etc.
  • Location: Country, region (e.g., state or province), and locality (e.g., city, town, or village) of your inquirers to help you understand where they are located, the best time to contact them, etc.
  • Bulk Management: Set options on multiple domains at the same time: prices, payment methods, appearance, etc.
  • Exports: Download your inquiries, including buyers’ email addresses, offers, etc. (CSV format.)
  • Domain Verification: Verify your domains by using any of these methods: name servers (NS), CNAME, or TXT records.
  • Supersonic Speed Boost: Our landers already loaded blazingly fast, but now they’re even faster — a powerful increase in performance!
    • For techies: Go, Redis, and Elastic (previously only: PHP and MySQL)

Wait, there’s more!

Tell us the features that you want for NamePros Parking because we’re adding new features all month!

Features coming soon:​

• Payment Plans: Payment buttons for lease-to-own (LTO) and renting, e.g., “$995/mo for 8 months”
  • ✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
  • Portfolio Website: A sharable storefront of the domains in your account with search and filters.
  • Traffic: The number of visitors to parked domains, optionally displayed on your landing pages.
  • ✅ Remove NamePros Branding: An option to remove unnecessary mentions of NamePros from parked pages.
  • ✅ More Landers: Choose from multiple landing pages for various purposes, such as a new Buy Now Optimized lander.
  • File Imports: Add domains to your account and set their prices by uploading spreadsheet files (e.g., .CSV).

PRO TIP: There is a common misconception about how many domain sales happen because of marketplaces. In reality, many sales would still happen (and do happen) without the help of a marketplace, so NamePros is providing a free solution to sell domains and you keep 100% of your profit.

Our for-sale parking service is 100% free:​

• No upfront fees
  • No monthly fees
  • No commission (0%)
  • No upgraded account necessary
  • 100% of your sales belong to you!

How does all that sound?

Visit namepros.com/parking to get started! 🎉

Tip: Quickly access your parking dashboard using the "Sell" dropdown menu at the top.

Questions? Ask below, or check out our Help Guide for NamePros Parking.

P.S. Our announcement last week was not a prank. Spatial Scrolling™ is real, courtesy of NamePros innovation! 🤯

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Bravo Mod Team, is there an ETA on the min offer feature? Looking forward to adding a few high end names.

•••
•••
In addition to the escrow service, I think that it might be an interesting idea to give namepros users the possibility to keep amounts within the NamePros platform without necessarily having to withdraw and do a payout every time.
For now, we’re going to avoid handling any monetary exchange ourselves. That’s a significant liability, which means it’s expensive. Our goal is to offer this service for free, so anything with an ongoing expense like that probably isn’t feasible.

Fortunately, Escrow.com has been helpful in getting our parking platform integrated with their services, and they already have a great reputation in the industry.

•••
For now, we’re going to avoid handling any monetary exchange ourselves. That’s a significant liability, which means it’s expensive. Our goal is to offer this service for free, so anything with an ongoing expense like that probably isn’t feasible.

Fortunately, Escrow.com has been helpful in getting our parking platform integrated with their services, and they already have a great reputation in the industry.
Very expensive. They want to make it Paul so you never sleep.

•••
Yes, you can use GoDaddy’s DNS management services to set our verification TXT record or CNAME record. The CNAME record will also redirect visitors to our parked pages.

Note: GoDaddy’s DNS management nameservers probably don’t qualify for GoDaddy’s lower commission.

They’d likely block any solution to this problem if it became popular.

We recommend testing a percentage of your portfolio with NamePros Parking. You may very well find that you don’t need a distribution network nearly as much as you’ve been led to believe.

Many buyers will visit your domain names and purchase them without you needing to give away 15%-25% of your sale.

That said, NamePros is in the process of scheduling a meeting with their aftermarket team to speak with them at NamesCon, so maybe we can find a way to work together to provide value to everyone.

We can provide an update on how that goes after NamesCon.
OMG, please don't let GoDaddy buy NamePros!

•••
For some reason, this thought had not entered my mind yet. Great, now I will get even LESS sleep tonight! :coffee::unsure::nailbiting::depressed:

•••
Finally made the full switch to namepros parking yesterday and I had 2 inquiries this morning already! Is there a way to make the landing page url the actual domain buyers are visiting rather than namepros.com/parked/domain?

Last edited:
•••
For some reason, this thought had not entered my mind yet. Great, now I will get even LESS sleep tonight!
Don’t worry; the meeting is to see if we can add them as an optional payment method that sellers can enable if they want to offer GoDaddy Checkout, similar to this:

https://blog.afternic.com/custom-checkout-link/

Fingers crossed that they’ll work with us to provide this functionality to everyone. 🤞

•••
Finally made the full switch to namepros parking yesterday and I had 2 inquiries this morning already!
That’s great news; thank you! 🙌

Is there a way to make the landing page url the actual domain buyers are visiting rather than namepros.com/parked/domain?
Added to the suggestions list.

Thanks.

•••
I want an option to skip the Company Name and Phone number. We already had the discussion as to how it may be important to some.. but still an option would be great!

•••
I agree with nonon above...being able to opt out of 'company' field would be nice. As far as phone number goes, I would like the option to make it mandatory on some listings...especially the higher valued ones.

Well, I'm getting close to 100 names parked...more coming.

•••
I have added nearly 50 names. in that nearly 30 are two words. i did not capitalize the first letter of the words in them. but now i though of capitalizing first letter of words in all 30. So i should delete them and add again?

•••
The capitalization of domains can be adjusted under the Edit button and under the “Add domains” button.

I have added nearly 50 names. in that nearly 30 are two words. i did not capitalize the first letter of the words in them. but now i though of capitalizing first letter of words in all 30. So i should delete them and add again?

I've not tried it, but BMT shared the above with someone else earlier.

•••
So i should delete them and add again?
You don’t need to delete them first. You can just add them again with the capitalization that you want and select “Update preferred casing for existing domains” before pressing the “Add domains” button.

•••
@Bravo Mod Team when pressing the 'see all domains' button, each domain ends up getting its own page.

With 123 domains listed, it shows me having 123 pages.

Last edited:
•••
You don’t need to delete them first. You can just add them again with the capitalization that you want and select “Update preferred casing for existing domains” before pressing the “Add domains” button.
It worked . Thanks.

•••
@Bravo Mod Team when pressing the 'see all domains' button, each domain ends up getting its own page.

With 123 domains listed, it shows me having 123 pages.
Yes, since yesterday i noticed this problem. if you have 50 domains there are 50 pages created in pagination.

•••
Very expensive. They want to make it Paul so you never sleep.
Too late.

Yes, since yesterday i noticed this problem. if you have 50 domains there are 50 pages created in pagination.
Oops, I know why that is! Apologies; it'll be fixed momentarily.

Update: Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Well Escrow.com is I think reasonable for big transactions but I don't think reasonable enough for the consistent small transactions a Domainer needs to sell and reinvest. To rinse and repeat.

@Paul if an escrow is not possible at all, what about the possibility to sell a domain and get paid in NP account credit that you can use to buy better domains within the NamePros platform? That would allow also the ppl to stay within the NamePros ecosystem and make the ecosystem grow.

•••
Escrow.com is I think reasonable for big transactions but I don't think reasonable enough for the consistent small transactions a Domainer needs to sell and reinvest. To rinse and repeat.
Generally, the only option is to handle the payment processing yourself (e.g., accept payment directly) if their fees are impractical. For example, Escrow.com's $10 minimum fee isn't practical for a $10 domain sale.

NamePros Parking has both (1) an option for you to handle the sale yourself through email (e.g., accept crypto directly), and (2) an option for the buyer to send their payment directly to your PayPal account.

The fees that providers charge are partially to offset their liability. The only way to avoid fees is to take on that liability directly, which is an option with our service.

•••
Not much more to add here until I put up some names myself for trial and error, but a phenomenal endeavor and rooting for this. 👏

Hey looking forward perhaps a dedicated "domains sold" thread solely from NP landers.

•••
is it possible to integrate with some GDPR-compliant analytics tools? like Plausible or Umami.

It will be nice to be able to track how many times the domain landing has been visited.

•••
It will be nice to be able to track how many times the domain landing has been visited.
This feature is coming soon.

Thanks for requesting it.

•••
This is a good innovation. But I just have one question. Won't bringing endusers down to namepros affect sellers. When they come here and see the same domain priced $2000 is being sold at wholesale for $30 🤔
I'd prefer namepros create another platform for that. This platform should be for domain investors. Just my humble thoughts.

•••
Won't bringing endusers down to namepros affect sellers.
That’s a reasonable consideration in theory, but please see our previous post about actual outcomes in reality over the past year:

Here are some additional thoughts:
  1. NamePros branding can be disabled on parked domains now. This greatly reduces the chance that an end user would ever visit NamePros, even if you’re using our landers.
  2. Sellers should always remove listings from all forums and wholesale marketplaces after they’re finished offering them at liquidation pricing.
  3. Whenever you’re liquidating a domain name, you should set the liquidation price (e.g., $30) on your for-sale landers, too. This will only increase your chances of being able to liquidate it.
  4. Plus, thanks to how Buy Now prices work on NamePros Parking, no one will be able to see the price of your domain until they verify their email address.

We hope this helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back