Google steps into banner ad world

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact

April 25 2005

by Stefanie Olsen ~ silicon.com

Cue shake-up in marketing departments...

E-mail to a friend

Printer friendly

Reader Comments

Post your comment here

Google is taking a big step toward becoming an online banner-advertising network as the market for brand ads heats up.

Beginning today, the search giant will start allowing advertisers to display animated image ads on third-party partner sites - a first for Google and a departure from company founders' early stance against such web advertising. (Google itself still shows only text ads on its site.)

I was thinking this was already old news ???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so they let use display ONLY image ads? is that what it is??? O well.. ill check their site lol

•••
Well they do allow image ads now, but NOT animated ones, i think that is really the change, as well now they will have CPM as well. At least thats what i got from reading the whole article

Regards
Brian

•••
I hope so.. it would be cool eh? It would be better if google had CPM... then namepros.com would bring in ALOT of money

•••
Brian said:
Well they do allow image ads now, but NOT animated ones, i think that is really the change, as well now they will have CPM as well. At least thats what i got from reading the whole article

Regards
Brian

B-) Yeah - now I see the difference .... There's a animated Mother's Day Ad on top of NP ATM ... I still think it's funny that they will only be on Publishers Sites but not Goog's ~

•••
Yes it's weird that google offers image ads and does not show them on there own search engine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back