NameSilo

Google rolls out encrypted Web search option

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Google began offering an encrypted option for Web searchers on Friday and said it planned to roll it out for all of its services eventually.

People who want to use the more secure search option can type "https://www.google.com" into their browser, scrambling the connection so the words and phrases they search on, and the results that Google displays, will be protected from interception.
Read more...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yet another way of google taking over the world :hehe:

This is accualy a nice additon to the search engine

Offering encrypted connections to Google.com means that users in China and other regimes that engage in significant surveillance will--assuming the connection is not blocked in the first place--be able to conduct searches without governments knowing the search terms.

:tu:

•••
I dunno if I like this or not... it begs the question: How safe is too safe?

•••
I dunno if I like this or not... it begs the question: How safe is too safe?

Well it cant harm can it? Unless your gona be annoying and do a well if you waste 1 second on each search and you do 5243 searchers a month then...

:yell:

•••
Per the site and the above quoted text:

Offering encrypted connections to Google.com means that users in China and other regimes that engage in significant surveillance will--assuming the connection is not blocked in the first place--be able to conduct searches without governments knowing the search terms.

Yeah, I know everyone'll have a take on it (with the 'unfair' governments 'spying' on us) but I don't like the idea of this implementation of Google's since there is even less to go by for governments trying to find the poor bastard who frequently Googles things like 'how to make a homemade bomb.'

Well it cant harm can it? Unless your gona be annoying and do a well if you waste 1 second on each search and you do 5243 searchers a month then...

:yell:

•••
I wonder how this will affect keyword tools.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back