Dynadot

GoDaddy

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Review

GoDaddy was my first registrar and although I haved moved on to my own reseller account now, I still hold some domains with GoDaddy. They are a good registrar, especiallly with discounted prices, but too many ads as some said.

•••
I agree, Godaddy has too many ads, but they do have a great control panel, and increased security when it comes to transferring domains to another account.

•••
Godaddy does have a lot of un needed ads and also i have found they arent very reliable.

•••
I am hosted through what GoDaddy gives for 10 bucks a month
the cpanel is horrible, I cant access file manager, or nearly half the normal cpanel, as well as this, it is a very slow server. If you buy domains its good, but dont use them as a host.

•••
Solid value.

GoDaddy offers solid value and good domain management controls.

Overall - 8.

•••
Great

I have never had any problems with GoDaddy. The only thing that I don't like about them, is that their website is slow, confusing, and hard to use, and their support is a bit hard to contact. Other than that, great domain company!

•••
Re. GoDaddy

For a monolithic company, they do a good job..... EXCEPT ...
the 60-day LOCK on transferring domains out for ANY minor
change to the registrant details (new E-Mail address etc.)
is still OUTRAGEOUS, and even Vint Cerf just said so at
the Domain RoundTable.

•••
Review

The best ever #1 Simple menu and very fast.

•••
One of, if not the best!

I've always found their support to be great, very helpful and knowledgeable, better than most (no naming names). They actually answer their phones, and emails 24/7, unlike most registrars! Prices a bit high, (even with 'loopholes'), but the interface and navigation are great too. Definitely among the top 3, if not #1.

•••
Sold your domain...impossible

I transferred my site to a different registrar. Godaddy blocked my transfer. I went to my account at godaddy to transfer. No options really. Sent email...sent another. Five emails went unresponded. a sixth email gave an answer to another question. It has been 25 days, no transfer. My new (or soon to be new) registrar cannot give a refund because they continue to process, but my bad registrar....GoDaddy keeps blocking requests.

•••
blocked

Godaddy has blocked one of my names , I am not a happy camper

•••
One of the best hosts I've used!

GoDaddy.com is one of the best domain registrars I have used. They have pretty fast customer support and plenty of add-on domain options. Prices are a little about average however you are paying for the good customer service and features.

•••
Review

I have about fifty domains with GoDaddy and registering them, adjusting the details has been perfectly smooth so far.

For a webmaster like myself who doesn't have hundreds or thousands of domains to manage my needs are fully met.

Richard

•••
Good value for the money highly recommended

I think that GoDaddy are the best out there, with an easy to use interface, excellent customer servcie and great value for money i would highly recommed them to anyone :)

•••
Review

I've used several domain registars. Godaddy.com is one of my favorites. The only hassle is transferring a domain to a new user. Other than that it is really easy to register a domain within minutes.

•••
Review

Very easy to work with, customer support is excellent.
The major downside is that they try and sell you a million and one other things upon checking out. Annoying when usually you just want to purchase domain names!

•••
Not too bad

Aside from an issue with an expiring domain a while back I have had perfect experience with them, having over 6 domains hosted with them and am pleased with them.

•••
I was going to get a domain name with them but the million and one ads, extra options they have upon signup just put me off.

I just went to namecheap no ads at all quick registration with no problems

•••
Good experience so far with Godaddy

I have a Linux hosting package. I'm planning on adding a Windows today. My experience with Godaddy customer service has been positive. Phone hold times have been short and problems resolved in a timely manner. The interface, after getting familiar with it, lets you do almost everything without customer service involvement. So far, thumbs up.

•••
Stop bitching about the ads!

The multiple ad offers are immaterial because there is an opt out button in the check out process that lets you bypass most of the offers if you are not interested. Anyway, I have no problem with a company trying to push its product if it is going to keep prices for domains low. When you consider their customer service (you can get a human on the phone) and volume discounts and easy to use interface GoDaddy is hard to beat.

•••
pretty good registrar

The only problem I've had is finding names they show available when they aren't. It's only happened twice, on on a .TV and the other was a .org There are usually discount coupons to be found too

•••
Recommend To Anyone

I'd give godaddy overall 10/10i think they are excellent as hey have great features a decent interface which i would have give a 7 had it not of been fo easy of use with it which pushed it up to 9. The customer service i've had so far with them has been outstanding but since i've never had to call in or anything like that i decided i'd give them an 8 purely on the service i've recieve so far but as i'd not called in i couldn't give it the full 10. Finally i think the pricing is fair for what you are getting off this excellent reputable company :)

•••
Good Value For Money

If it wasn't for GoDaddy and TDNAM, I don't think that I would be into domain reselling. They are the market leaders in providing cheap domains. They aren't always the cheapest but they are consistently low priced. Like all companies I like, there are elements about them that are frustrating but at the end of the day they provide a good value service. Aside from the price, one of the things I like most about using GoDaddy is when reselling domain names, your customers know what they are going to get and are quick to trust that they will get control of their name. GoDaddy also has great escrow fees for selling domains cheap.

•••
Review

They are simply the best company out there. No other company are better then them others may try to but they cant becuase godaddy is just the best.

•••
Review

I used to think GD was the best thing since sliced bread. I had nearly 500 domains registered there and had spoken with customer service reps a few times before I encountered my first serious problem which I attribute to GD's customer service ineptitude. Yes, I love the fact you can understand the customer care reps perfectly fine (e.g. the speak English), but there is a problem when only a handful of the customer care reps seem to know what they are doing. Moreover, when you do get someone who knows what they are doing, they seem more intent on sending you one of those darn customer surveys than they are in actually fixing your problem.

Long story short, GD's lackluster customer service cost me a domain that lost me, in my estimates, about $2k. I found out that saving a buck or two on all of domain registrations/transfers cost me on this domain. I now am moving toward a company with better customer service knowhow--Moniker. GD certainly isn't the worst registrar out there, but it certainly isn't among the best either.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back