Dynadot

Moniker

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
great support

a safe and secure registar,

•••
Simply the best

You could not ask more from a registrar - I have all my domains there, or am in the process of moving them there!

•••
Great security and customer service.

Great security and customer service.

•••
The best registrar

Monte Cahn, moniker's CEO responds to email questions within 2 days. Great pricing, great support, great company. Have 40 domains there and climbing.

•••
Review

Overall 10. Moniker is the best secure registrar out there. Support is great and responses are within a timely manor. You are a customer and not a number with them. Can't ask for more in terms of service and support.

Interface could use a makeover and maybe introduce reseller accounts in the future for those who sell domains can create an account and push the name to it and resell domain names.

•••
I love Moniker

They are truely the professional domainers registrar. I get all my new reg here since they offer bulk discounts. Moniker has never had a domain stolen which is a big reason I place my important names there. Support is very good and I always recieve a real human response from my questions. There new interface is excellent and I find the tools intuitive and easy to use.

•••
Eh....Not as good as everyone says

So after hearing all the praise about Moniker I decided to give them a try. I setup an account registered a domain and then sent their CEO an email request for pricing. I never got a response. I sent another email asking for pricing to transfer my names. I got a prompt response apologizing for him forgetting and a promise of a follow up email, guess what, it never came. Needless to say I don't think Moniker can offer me anything special that other registrars can't for a better price. If your looking for a good company to work with try Namecheap.

•••
sales not responding

Well, perhaps this isn't a review as such, because I've never used the service. However, after reading so much good about the company, I've developed a plan to move all my domains there. Have mailed sales about special pricing. Nothing happened. Repeated the email after one week (more than a reasonable time to answer, IMHO). Guess what... No answer for another week...

I *TRUST* they are secure, customer-oriented etc., but my personal experience about their support/sales is quite different. It looks like Monte tries to do too much simultaneuosly, but it's too much for him.

•••
RossH said:
So after hearing all the praise about Moniker I decided to give them a try. I setup an account registered a domain and then sent their CEO an email request for pricing. I never got a response. I sent another email asking for pricing to transfer my names. I got a prompt response apologizing for him forgetting and a promise of a follow up email, guess what, it never came. Needless to say I don't think Moniker can offer me anything special that other registrars can't for a better price. If your looking for a good company to work with try Namecheap.

I'm a new Moniker customer, and I must say that their one weakness does seem to be responding to emails. I've experienced either longer than usual waits times on replies, or have received no replies at all! HOWEVER, what they lack in email support, they make up for in phone support. Phone support wait time is like 30 seconds, and their personnel are VERY competent and knowledgeable.

I am so far very happy with Moniker, and I have been transferring all of my important domains over to them, because I feel very secure with them. In fact, in my opinion security is the number one reason you would want to use Moniker. I have heard that it can be a little more difficult to transfer from Moniker, which to me is a plus (security), but surely would be considered a negative to many domainers.

•••
Review

I have to say that I am a fan of moniker. I have used their services not only for domain registrations but for escrow transactions and appraisals. Excellence is the only thing that describes them, I highly recommend moniker.
Escrow transactions, the most secure and reliable escrow available today. Highly recommended.
Appraisals: quality work within 3 days, appraisals done by expert valuers and is obvious that no software is being used to estimate the final value.
As far as email support goes, I don't know what others are have to say but I always get a responce to my enquiries within a few hours, maximum 24h, they are extremely helful and knowledgeable.
Generally, exellence is the only word that overally describes moniker.com, judging from experience.

•••
Review

If prices were lower, I would reg all of my domains there. Moniker has always been reliable and I go there if I really need to count on getting a domain regged properly.

•••
Fantastic cctld's, good features, frustratingly slow website

An excellent company- huge range of features, including a fantastic bulk whois search and register. One of the largest selections of extensions available on one site.
Bad points- some registration fees are a bit pricey (although there are worse around) My only real gripe is that the site itself is incredibly slow to load, and refresh pages. Can be frustrating if you are impatient like me! Great site overall though

Edit: I now have an account here with much cheaper domains and must add Moniker is my preferred registrar. :]

Last edited:
•••
cacellation feature is nice, great special on .net

I don't know if it is always the case, but I was able to get a .net for $5.49 and then when I actually decided to cancel it, it only cost me $1. Service was great, and quick. I could not be happier.

•••
Review

Awesome, secure registrar with special NamePros discounts which is cool.

•••
Yeah, the special pricing is great. I now am moving all of my domains there. Their customer service is top notch all the way.

•••
The Best

the ONLY professional domainers registrar of choice. Period

•••
Not ment to be a commercial, just a fact: If you need sales assistance, email: [email protected] If you need support, email: [email protected]
See our ad under the advertising section!
Thanks so much to one and all!!!!

•••
DonaldLyons said:
Not ment to be a commercial, just a fact: If you need sales assistance, email: [email protected] If you need support, email: [email protected]
See our ad under the advertising section!
Thanks so much to one and all!!!!
Don is a great guy. He's helped me with my portfolio and some bulk transfers. Even when you just call up Moniker's customer support there is always someone there to talk with you (and who is actually knowledgeable) about how to fix your issue (and who speaks clear english--you can understand them).

•••
Great one!!

This is the best one at the market.

•••
Amazing

The best register available on the web today - in terms of interface, support, and pricing. Enough said...

•••
Review

I have 2 domains at Moniker. And i hate Moniker's CP. Its so confused. Because of this i dont recommend them.

•••
THE TOP best registrar for domaineers but i suggest them to chage their cp design as menioned above by "Merchant"

BEst Registrar for everyone just please change your website design

•••
Review

Quality Service All Around.

9 out of 10 times a person picks up the phone when you call.
Escrow, auto-lock, seruity when transfering in our out is high-level, and so many more great features.

Moving all names there as they reach Exp. dates.

Suggestion: would be nice transfer all ext. they sell into a Moniker account. Some ext they only sell, but do not allow transfers in....

•••
Great Registrar!

I have most of my domains with Moniker. They have great customer service and competitive pricing. They also offer domain parking and aftermarket sales via MarketPlacePro.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back