Dynadot

GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Worse

GoDaddy once was a good registrar, but now it is becoming one of the worse registrars on the Net.
1st of all - customer support: totally incompetent. The worse CS i have ever worked with in any field.
2nd - interface: very slow and annoying, too much graphics and not optimized.
3rd - pricing: not very suitable for domainers.
4th - features: only good thing there, but in combination with poor interface - it's not something that could drive you to use Godaddy as a favorite registrar.
OVERALL: Avoid.

•••
only for newbies and small portfolios

GoDaddy is suitable for someone who has few domains.
The interface is one of the worst in the industry. Customer support is lacking.
Their attitude towards domainers is terrible. They are known to hand over a domain at the simplest request by a complainant, sometimes without a court decision. They interfere too much in the domainers business and cannibalize their own resellers by competing with them.
the only plus side is the pricing which is merely 'ok' with coupons. Their features offered for domain control are pretty good.
everything else is below average to bad. Not to mention tdnam, but that is a different story...

•••
seeker said:
GoDaddy is suitable for someone who has few domains.
The interface is one of the worst in the industry. Customer support is lacking.
Their attitude towards domainers is terrible. They are known to hand over a domain at the simplest request by a complainant, sometimes without a court decision. They interfere too much in the domainers business and cannibalize their own resellers by competing with them.
the only plus side is the pricing which is merely 'ok' with coupons. Their features offered for domain control are pretty good.
everything else is below average to bad. Not to mention tdnam, but that is a different story...

someone does not like godaddy

•••
So far so good!

I have had no problems uptill now, so hope i dont ever have any...!

Have heard that others are facing trouble with GD regarding a lot of policing,etc....

I have almost all my domains there!

•••
good features and good price

godaddy has loads of features which is excellent, and it's price is also good. However the price is definately not the cheapest. I dont like the fact that the login ID is a number which you have to remember, and i dont find the interface that user-friendly. Never needed to use customer service.

•••
I've got ~200 domains and I don't find Godaddy's interface to be a problem. In fact, I have found it has been one of the better interfaces for changing nameservers, etc. With all of the domain pricing loopholes, you would be hard pressed to find significantly cheaper domains elsewhere.

•••
Nothing Can Beat $4 .COM GoDaddy Names

Go GoDaddy Go!

•••
The login does not have to be necessarily the number. I always login with my username. Try with your username.

Gamehouse

tm said:
godaddy has loads of features which is excellent, and it's price is also good. However the price is definately not the cheapest. I dont like the fact that the login ID is a number which you have to remember, and i dont find the interface that user-friendly. Never needed to use customer service.

•••
alot of work just to register :(

they are secure but you have to through too many pages to register one domain.

Their prices are great

•••
Primary registrar

What else to say, Prices are good, support has been good when needed.

•••
Too Much

The pages are way too BUSY!!!
To many choices and really only need basic looks and choices

•••
Review

overall so far I'm happy with their service...although their price isnt the best. Comparing to others in the market, I would say godaddy pricing is in mid-range. But their user feature is preety alright.

•••
Eh...not so good

Godaddy use to be my exclusive registrar until they started doing stupid things to where if you transfer a domain between two godaddy accounts you can't transfer it out for 60 days. Checking out seems to take forever as you have to go through 30 pages of ads. I'd reccomend people check out some other registrars like Namecheap, Moniker, Dotster or Dynadot.

•••
Acceptable

The only thing i didnt like is the ads/pages ..

•••
bloody hopeless!!! I bought a domain from someone here and still havent recieved it!
10days I know its not the sellers fault its GSs.they do have good prices though!!
still hate em!!!!

•••
Review

I use them for virtually everything domain related. I like them.

•••
Review

An excellent registrar BUT slow website

•••
I reg'd my first domain there. I'll reg my last there.

I have never had an issue that wasnt attended swiftly and to my satisfaction. Price is beatable on occasion, but not the value and security. This is the workingmans Reg House. People who have problems nav'g through checkout just need to pay attention since its setup for n00bs who may NEED some of that stuff added on. The manager gui is my only real snivel...once you get over a certain # of domains, you cannot open more than 20 names at a time which really sux when setting up parking or fowarding, I mean can turn a one hour job into a three hour job.

•••
very fast customer support/knowledgeable, price wise

I would not exchange for another bulk registrar. :) they're on top of my lists.

•••
Review

GoDaddy's customer service is good but I hate the interface. Plus, too much javascript and popups are used. Moreover, their website makes me feel that they are not earning enough already.

Last edited:
•••
Do they ever not try and sell you extras?

I have never seen a hard sell like GoDaddys. Every single thing you do, they're trying to sell you extras, extras and more extras.

Interface is poor and overly complicated, with each update to a domain (contact details etc) taking time to actually update, meaning you can't change anything else on that domain while you wait for everything to update.
Registration is slow too. You can easily register a domain at another registrar while you wait for GoDaddy to actually register it!

If their prices weren't so cheap (<$5 with various loopholes and coupons) I swear I'd never, EVER use them.

By far the worst company to use for domains. Not recommended in the slightest. Pay a bit more and use NameCheap.

•••
Review

GoDaddy is one of the best domain registrars out there! If you want a domain, I definitly recommend this service. I love godaddy!

•••
more access to MX records??

How much more access can they give you?
you can completely edit all Arecords, Cnames and MX records
at any time.

Mark said:
Way Too many Ads/Pages to go through ! -

As far as features Go - Would prefer more access to Mx Records etc ...

Got my first domain at Godaddy in 2001. Have used them ever since that. Everyone on here who complains about the ads must not be able to read very well or just not bother. Godaddy gives you the option to not view them and go directly to your Checkout cart.

Pros - Great Stability (dont have to worry if they will be around next year or 5 years from now), Great prices, 24x7 Telephone support and great webmail interface.

Cons - Site is a little busy, yes it will take you a little while to find where everything is. Not to impressed with their shared hosting plans but Virtual and Dedicated Server options are very good. NO toll-free phone number (but since most people have cell phones these days this is not that big of an issue)

USER TIP -
For everyone complaining about only able to edit 20 names at a time, you can use the Bulk Edit feature, its the Blue Button that says (suprise!) Bulk Edit, that is right above your domain list. This feature is great, you can view all your domains on one page and select the ones that you want to work with.

tm said:
I dont like the fact that the login ID is a number which you have to remember

Just go into your account settings and setup a Login NAME so you dont need to use that number. Think about it, why do you think the login screen asks for "Customer # or Login name"???

Last edited:
•••
Very good (bit expensive though)

Very good. And good customer service (a bit slow but only emailed them around the .eu time so that was expected)

•••
Expensive, but can be good at times

Its "ok" considering I have 27 domains registered through them and it takes over 24 hours for a ticket response. I guess they are ok but they need to work on getting some new techs ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back