Dynadot

Moniker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great company, great reps, great security.

Very strong service and support. Contact Don Lyons here for better pricing than what is listed above.
-Allan :gl:

•••
Review

AAA customer service.

•••
Fantastic Value!

Fantastic value! NamePros members can get special $6.95 pricing. However, the interface and support could be improved.

•••
Moniker is BEST!

Moniker is the best I have used out of eNom, Godaddy, NetSol, and many other registrar. Fast and quick updates to registry. Come on...I regsitered IP's to my NameServer and within 3 minutes they were updated at the registry and live to use. Even eNom took 2 days. Interface is a bit dull compared to eNom but is still good as NP gets registration at 6.95 .COM and 5.49 .NET

•••
I would have liked to join Moniker but as I understand, the pricing on the site is $16 for a .com which goes down if you register or transfer in bulk. I'm still vague on their pricing...I emailed them and got a robotic email, just cut and paste directing me to discuss or sign up with them and minus the info/answer I needed.

Fantastic value! NamePros members can get special $6.95 pricing. However, the interface and support could be improved.

I dont quite understand this. How do I actually get a $6.95 price for just a few domains I'd like to transfer to them, or does this price apply only for bulk orders?

•••
One word to describe Moniker...

I have but one word to describe Moniker, "Outstanding".

They've exceeded my expectations and you simply MUST try them. The best registrar and domain asset managment company in the WORLD.

===================================

Don Lyons represents everything that is right in the world of corporation to customer relations.

Last edited:
•••
Bad. Transaction failed.

I ordered a transfer of domain ***.COM to Moniker. I entered data of my Visa card. Money from the bank account were removed, but Moniker has given out a mistake and a transfer has not passed.

Here is data of my bank transaction.

09.01.2007 12:56
*** USD Balance
Moniker Online Service Pompano Beach US

Support reply:
-There is not a record of any transactions. Please try again.

*** USD were removed from my Visa. There is no transaction.

Support didn't read my mails... It all about transfer, but
Support reply:
- What was the domain you were trying to registrar?

Hm-mmm.
Wrote. Do read my prev message? I did not try to registrar. I did try to transfer ***.COM.

And the final reply.
- Did you put in your EPP code (OF COURSE I DID!)? Do you know that to do a transfer requires an EPP code? This is also know as an Authorization Code. Perhaps, if you did not put it in, the transaction was rejected and your card was debited back, but your bank did not tell you of the credit so they can keep the money for 30 days, until your next billing period.

Good buy Moniker.

•••
they are now running a promotion for the .net renewals

•••
Great (NamePros) prices.

Best pricing for most gTLD's and the best for .net.
The support can be kind of goofy at times, but overall it's good.
The interface is usable and I don't have any problems with it.

•••
Review

Excellent NamePros pricing @ $6.95 for most TLD's, no coupons/codes required! Useful domain tasting facility where domains can be canceled within 4 days of registration for a refund less a $1 processing fee (other NP'ers get this for $0.25. I don't know why I'm being charged more).

Interface is by far the best I have used. Domain availability is checked in real time which is vital when securing recently expired names which still show as taken at other registrars.

Customer service is reasonably good (although not as fast as GoDaddy). My only gripe is that the website runs slow quite a lot of the time - a purchase yesterday took almost ten minutes to be processed!

31st March 2007: I am less happy with Moniker. Their website suffers more down-time than any other registrar I have used. When the site is working, the speed of transactions etc. is regularly very slow. To top it all, their bulk 'real-time' domain availability checker has begun to return domains as available that were taken days (or weeks) ago.

23rd May 2007: I have given Moniker a considerable amount of my business and they couldn't even be bothered to respond to an email I sent them to request that NamePros pricing be properly applied to my account. I am still waiting for a response to my two emails... almost TWO MONTHS later :td:

28th Sep 2007: I'm much happier with Moniker. Their telephone support is very efficient. They applied the $0.25 delete fee and $2.00 privacy to my account. Don't waste your time contacting them by email though. Really loving the interface :). Website still runs slow quite often. Have had to go elsewhere for domains on occasion because of this.

Matt.

Last edited:
•••
Review

I had heard only good about Moniker so I decided to join them as a customer. They say this on their website:
"What Makes Moniker Different from Other Domain Registrars?
Moniker is committed to providing the highest levels of security and customer service available.

Hmmmmmm I am not convinced somehow. Of course everybody can have a bad day but a few in a row??? Response from Support does not seem to be their strong point as they never responded to any of my 6 e-mails to them over the past few days.

Last edited:
•••
Horrible support...2 emails and phone call..still no lowered discount rate!!

I am very dissapointed in the customer service. They offer a special pricing for Namepros members. I have sent 2 emails and 1 phone call and they still cannot do it. I would have to send a 3rd email. No thanks, keep your special pricing. If this is my experience with pre-sale I am not intersted in finding out what happens if I have problems. Very scary!!!

•••
Very happy so far

I opened an account with Moniker recently. Afterwards, I sent an email regarding the Namepros discount and had a response (and the discount applied to my account) the following business day.

I'm happy with the prices/features, though often the transaction speed is annoyingly slow. The interface has everything you would want - I found it a little awkward at first but quickly got used to it.

•••
Review

A very competent registrar with excellent customer service and security. Their prices may be slightly higher than others without discounts but I would have to say its worth it. Their interface could do with a little tweaking mind, but that's a minor issue which does not stop me giving a 9 Star Rating overall!

•••
Excellent security and Very good customer service

•••
customer service???

I would echo the complaints of bad service from the various folks who have spoken about this. I've just emailed in to sales (sales!!!) @moniker.com to enquire about special pricing for bulk domains, and ... so far no reply yet. It's been over 32 hours already (a fair waiting time, i suppose), and yet no reply. Regarding fast response to call-ins - do i absolutely have to call in in order to get anything done already here, or be tended to?

Doesnt feel that good already even before starting on the journey with moniker. I'm hoping to be convinced otherwise, but i remain skeptical so far.

•••
Poor customer service & awkward, slow transfers in

Pricing is competitive, transfer in process is awkward, poor and slow, customer service has limited hours of operation and email responses to questions are typically irrelevant to the question posed, slow and often ignored. Moniker used to be pretty good, but service has gone downhill over the last 6 months or so.

•••
Disappointed with Moniker!

I mostly read good things about Moniker, but my own experience with them has been less than outstanding.

A few months ago I made an offer for a domain on their marketplace and the buyer accepted it. I tried paying by credit card and the card was rejected. I sent support a mail telling them about the problem and suggested why might that be: the card was issued in a different country then the IP of the connection I was using. I also offered to provide them with whatever documentation they needed to verify as a legitimate purchase.

It took 4-5 days for them to write back and when they did the answer was in the lines of: "By golly! You're right that is the problem!". They didn't ask for any verification and they also didn't offer to fix it.

So I sent them a mail asking them to fix the problem, so I could complete the purchase. 4-5 days later I got a mail saying the card could now be used without problems. Only it couldn't!

To make a long story short, I send them 3 more e-mails and each time they took 4-6 days to reply and told me my card was fine to use with them, which wasn't true. The card was ok though, since I was concomitantly using it with other major registrars.

In the end they told me the seller hadn't put the domain through escrow and the transaction was off. So everything was fine from their point of view, and there was no need to bother anymore with my pesky little payment problem!

You would think that I wouldn't have had anything more to do with Moniker after this point, but apparently I'm not that smart! I now have 2 domains with them and about 10 days ago I needed e-mail hosting, so I went to Moniker and bought a Basic email plan.

I now know they outsource their email hosting to coolhandle.com, but I didn't at the time and I bought the email plan from the Moniker site (also paid double what the Coolhandle price is).

Since I didn't find the option in their interface and didn't find info on their help page and didn't get an email with instructions, I gave support a mail asking them how to go about using the plan I jus bought. Well, that was more then a week ago and they haven't gotten back to me yet!

Today I sent them another email, but I'm worried they won't answer this one either. Even if they do, and they give me instructions, I needed email hosting a week ago and that problem is now long solved.

When they answer I might ask them for a refund, but even if they give it, it won't be in money but in credit that can only be used on their site.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I feel ripped off, but I'm definitely very, very dissapointed with Moniker! :(

•••
Poor Customer Service. Wait for more than 50 Hours and no response

Disappointed with Moniker! Wait for more than 50 Hours and no response.
Poor Customer Service.

•••
Moniker's false advertising OR bait-and-switch ?

Have been trying to resolve the issue with Moniker since Oct. 10. Still no resolution as of today, Oct. 15.

Take a look and share your thoughts:

•••
Update: Problem with Moniker has been resolved last night. They have credited the difference of the mistake to my account. Thanks, Monte, I appreciate your help.

•••
•••
Best registrar

Best Registrar (IMHO). Nice price and security. I can refund my money into available fund if I deleted domains in grace period (-1$)

•••
Very impressive.

Pros: Very nice and convenient user interface, support of IDN domains, great special prices, a lot of features, excellent phone support.

Cons: Does not allow you to edit DNS records, poor email support (I had actually to call them after waiting for reply for 2 days).

•••
All my names are with Moniker moved from Godaddy

I moved all of my names to Moniker out of GoDaddy when GD reduced the domain management tools to large portfolio owners.

I have been pleased with all their tools and the ability to print reports from their interface by expiration date.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back