IT.COM

Moniker

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
useless

had nothing but problems with them, rubbish support, bad communication, slow system. avoid

•••
Unreliable

Time to renew my only domain I had registered at Moniker... I paid the renewal fee with my credit card, and the payment went through, but a "technical error" didn't allow it to be renewed. Instead, my account was credited with $10.49 (what I paid to renew), and for some reason, someone else owns my domain.

I'm sticking with NameCheap!

(thanks for your clarification on Moniker -> Snapnames, Kath)

Last edited:
•••
I believe Moniker send their expired domains to Snapnames...

•••
Moniker had no support. Don't use it.

Moniker had no support. Don't use it.

•••
moniker is a very professional registrar for domains and market.
you can't be supported because you didn't find where you can be supported.

•••
Their support is BETTER than GODADDY

I was transferring a domain for the first time, and send out 2 emails simultaneously to godaddy and moniker asking about the status of my transfer.
Also, I opened another ticket at moniker asking about the Namepros special discount.

The first thing in the morning at 8:12, I received a reply, At 9 o clock, another guy replied and gave me the discount.

Godaddy still have not reply anything yet.
So I guess I love moniker :D

•••
Review

Very Slow Servers

networkmsia said:
Their support is BETTER than GODADDY

I was transferring a domain for the first time, and send out 2 emails simultaneously to godaddy and moniker asking about the status of my transfer.
Also, I opened another ticket at moniker asking about the Namepros special discount.

The first thing in the morning at 8:12, I received a reply, At 9 o clock, another guy replied and gave me the discount.

Godaddy still have not reply anything yet.
So I guess I love moniker :D

Anyone that needs support dosent use emails they use the phone and in that Category Godaddy is clearly #1 . The phones are answered 24 hours a day .

Especially difficulty to get a hold of Moniker when they are running auctions.

I prefer a company that is that 24/7 .

I also still get $7.15 .coms at Godaddy didnt need to ask any special favors to get a better price .Monikers prefers that everyone bow down before them and beg for better rates(which still arent as good as Godaddy

Moniker is "ok" Moniker Auction services would be the ONLY reason to use them as a registra though.

Last edited:
•••
Questionable Ethics

Now that moniker is owned by Oversee.Net I will definitely never ever use this registrar.

This is especially because oversee.net is typosquatting on one of my domains.
I mean would you go with a domain registrar whose parent company is actively involved in cybersquatting on your web properties ?

Someone has done some analysis on the parent company that owns Moniker
http://spamlinks.net/blog/archives/2007/03/overseenets_che.html

•••
Really Bad Support

I used to be a fan of Moniker but after nearly 3 days of raising a support ticket, still nothing but an automated response. And the fact they owe me money means I will not be registering any further names there.

•••
Review

The Original Ripoff Report Title:
Moniker.com / DomainSystems, Inc. / Oversee.net / SnapNames.com / Monte Cahn Internet Fraud / Domain Name Hijackers / Deceptive Trade Practices / Breach of Contract / Misrepresentation / Bad Faith Pompano Beach Florida

The Original Ripoff Report Text:
Moniker.com. These people run Domain Name Auctions, but they are not to be trusted as they are deceptive, do not abide by their own Terms and Conditions as publicly displayed on their website, and will not honor their Exclusive Right To Sell Agreements, and are bad faith actors. Their Escrow and Auctioning licenses should be suspended, or revoked, for deceptive trade practices and breach of fiduciary responsibility. ICANN should also investigate their practices and, as result, suspend or revoke their Registrar status.

On May 23, 2008, through one of their auctions, representing themselves as the new owners of a domain they purchased from me for $16,500, $14,025 net to me, they had sixty (60) days to make payment and transfer the funds to me. Despite several Notices sent to them subsequent to the contract expiration, receipt which were acknowledged, to either extend in writing their Exclusive Right To Sell Agreement or make the required payment, as called for in the Agreement, they have refused to do so. They have hijacked my property!

I have identified another transferee for the domain, but I am being financially damaged by their refusal to release my domain from their Escrow Account. Monte Cahn actually made the outrageous claim that there is no time limit on their process, contrary to our written Agreement, and what anyone would view as a violation of Federal, State, and Local Business Law Statutes.

In good faith, as they had requested, I promptly transferred the domain to their Escrow Account, and they were supposed to also act in good faith and transfer the funds to my personal account. Although their website clearly states that the Seller is protected because they "guarantee" that the Buyer has the funds, this is a deliberate deceptive misrepresentation to lure Sellers into their scheme of hijacking domains, as what has happened to me.

Additionally, they do not act or communicate in good faith or in a timely manner. In my opinion, they are bullshitters, plain and simple, and are forcing me to seek legal recourse in order to have payment made to me for damages, plus fees and costs for recovery. Do Not Do Business with these companies.

Do Not Place Your Domain Names in their Auctions. You will be exposing yourself to unnecessary risks. They are not to be trusted, and, like me, you may very likely be RIPPED OFF!

•••
Totally unreliable, loosing domains, nothing works

They are loosing domains left and right. Domains are not being renewed after you have paid. Domains get in pending delete even if they expire months later. Prices are now a lot higher than the competition. They even increased price for .biz even though .biz registry did not increase price. They even deactivated a domain and then lied to my face. Support is terrible. You have to ask 5 times and then argue to get anything done. All they care is auctions. Stay away.

•••
I'm pulling my names out like crazy, they are going down hill fast.

•••
What happened to preferential pricing at Moniker? I used to get good prices but now they hiked them...

•••
Moniker.com. Locked out, ignored with no information supplied

I joined Moniker based on peer/customer reviews posted on the internet. I did a lot of research and felt happy with my decision. Everything has been great since I joined about a week ago. I would be affording them a solid review before I was unable to login to my account.

I have emailed and telephoned and left a message but have yet to receive any indication that they care about me as a customer.

I have been left completely in the dark with no information about the situation and unable to access my account and thus my domains.

Quite frankly I'm disgusted by the way I have been treated and absolutely livid.

Very bad experience. Non-existent customer support.

It is my opinion based on experience that in no way shape or form should Moniker be used purchase domain names or any other service.

•••
metaxom said:
What happened to preferential pricing at Moniker? I used to get good prices but now they hiked them...

i used to have good pricing too.. now no more...

did not want to use them already..

•••
Moniker is the Worst.

Moniker is the worst Registrar I have ever dealt with. The level of custom support provided is embarrassing. Don't trust anything a customer support agent says, they are clearly not qualified to do their job.

•••
•••
I contacted Monte. All I got was defense of crappy support I received.
I will continue to not use Moniker.

Auraka said:
bmugford,

Have you contacted [email protected]? She may be able to help.

•••
Review

I just use Moniker for a while. And I only have less than 5 domain names with Moniker. :)
Their price is reasonable, support is good (but only during business hours, other than business hours, you need to wait until business hours) and interface is clean.
But Moniker do not have community forum.
Also, even the Account pages are under httpS, the login page itself still under http, I think it should be under httpS too. :)

•••
Quality service with minior issues

I have most of the high value domains with Moniker.
They did a decent job from my experience.
But they recently have problems in updating Name Server and pushing domains to other account. Hopefully these will be solved soon.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back