IT.COM

GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excellent customer service and refund policy

Brilliant registrar. I have almost all my domains with them. Their customer service is the best I have ever experienced at any company.

Their control panel is fairly easy to use. They offer free (and fast) forwarding and DNS. I have experienced no problems with their hosting either.

They have never failed to provide me with a refund when I've changed my mind about a domain. I just let them know within five days and the money goes back in my account.

Way to GoDaddy :)

Last edited:
•••
They are okay

GoDaddy is oaky..Their prices are a little higher but their customer service is great. They also offer alot extra add-ons and is easy to use when combining a domain and hosting

•••
GoDaddy Sucks

GoDaddy has absolutely no ethics. Basically "stole" all the money I earned with their CashParking service. I will transferring all of my domains to another registrar.

By "stole", I mean that my revenue was made null by "cancellation fees" ($15) and "check processing fees" ($10).

Last edited:
•••
Review

I have used GoDaddy for about a year and a half now and have absolutely no complaints with them, especially now that they have redone their domain control panel.

Customer service is the best of any host I have ever used.

I am just now getting into the domain end of things as just opposed to buying domains for myself and hosting, so I don't yet know how transferring domains, etc will be, but changing DNS and such is quite simple.

•••
I feel Godaddy is good overall!

•••
Very happy I joined Godaddy. Best customer experience and consistant.

•••
Godaddy is good for me with domain registering

not sure about hosting but i stick to cPanel hosting anyways

•••
Rubbish!

Rubbish is all i can say, your wasting your time and money and if you buy a domain with Godaddy there the worst :( Iv had many problems with them

•••
Wonderful

I like godaddy actually. i have heard some nasty remarks about it in the past and i must say they are all false. godaddy is fast and secure. easy to use with brand new domain management. the dns switch time is blazing too

•••
Very good - no problems after 6 years!

A very nice registrar and my choice for over 6 years. Do not like their control panel (hard to manage over 50 domains).

•••
My Favorite Registrar

I've been with GoDaddy since January 2001 and have held as many as ~650 domains with them at any given time. I was assigned an Executive Account rep. about 1.5 years ago and have been extremely pleased with the customer service I have received. Even when I use a different rep. (e.g., when mine is on vacation), I'm consistently very happy with the customer support.

I have yet to find a registrar that can beat GoDaddy's prices and provide the flexibility and functionality I get from GoDaddy's domain interface. Although their new interface isn't as user friendly as their previous one, I've been able to get accustomed to it without much difficulty.

The ability to instantly push any number of domains to another GoDaddy customer is quite valuable, especially due to the fact that it's free. Transfers in from another registrar, however, can be a bit time consuming and frustrating, but that's usually due to the OTHER registrar's poor service or quirky procedures.

In the 6 years that I have been a GoDaddy customer, I have NEVER lost a domain name. An associate of mine insists on keeping his domains at NetSol, stating that they have better security. I can't say whether he's right or not, but I can say that GoDaddy's security has never been an issue for me.

The ads everyone seems to be annoyed with don't bother me. Just press your End key to go to the bottom of the page and choose "Quick Checkout" and you'll bypass all the add-ons. I've never used any of GoDaddy's other services, so it would be nice, as another poster mentioned, if there was an account option to always bypass those ads.

My overall experience with GoDaddy has been and continues to be outstanding. This is the one registrar I recommend head and shoulders above all others.

Last edited:
•••
Excellent

Some shared hosting quirks, but overall they are fantastic.

•••
Good registrar for domainers

safe, reliable and can always get promo code. :blink:

•••
I registered my first domain with GoDaddy, and it was quick and easy.

User Controls for domain management are also easy to use.

•••
Be Carefull !!! Godaddy Is Evil

My experience with godaddy is very very bad

Don´t by premium domains with them as you will loose them - godaddy will steal them from you easily.
Also forget about customer service . It´s very very bad and if you´re lucky you will talk with a 18 year old girl that knows nothing about domains or internet

Be carefull with your credit cards - they will not refund you

I am putting them on court

AVOID THEM - go for any other - i am sure it´s better than godaddy
Yes they´re cheap but you will understand why ...

•••
coppa said:

Don´t by premium domains with them as you will loose them - godaddy will steal them from you easily.
Also forget about customer service . It´s very very bad and if you´re lucky you will talk with a 18 year old girl that knows nothing about domains or internet

You are ridiculous.

•••
Very Good

I have seen so many ridiculous reviews of GoDaddy i feel compelled to add my own. GoDaddy have always been my favorite registrar, i find their prices to be reasonable (hint coupons) and their support to be nothing short of excellent.

Even at times when i have had to use the email support i have received a reply in a more than acceptable amount of time and it has been as helpful as possible. The only criticism i have of support is that there is no live chat which would be beyond helpful at times.

The interface is good with the exception of two things: Speed (although it is reasonable) and the folders are nothing short of useless if you want anything done within an hour.

Overall i have very, very few complains about the service i have received and intend to keep using them.

•••
•••
The old gray mare just ain't what it used to be...

GoDaddy has gotten into so much sideline angles to generate revenue that they have lost focus of one primary business principle...customer service.

I rank 7 on features as I do find their hosting very flexible and reliable.

Interface/ease of use I interpret as their CP

Customer service is the lowest I have ever seen it in all my years as being a customer of theirs. Currently, I would place it as some of the worst and poorly trained customer service agents and reps along with middle management not only in a domain related industry but in any realm of business.

Their price and value is no longer a factor. Now many industry leaders have beaten the services and prices that GoDaddy offers for domain registration backed by customer service reps that know the domain business.

My overall satisfaction ranks very low which corresponds to the many threads posted regarding their current lack of customer satisfaction and services. Other than the hosting plans and flexibility and familiarity, I would not have any purpose for GoDaddy

•••
coppa said:

This coming from someone with 4 post and bad English. What are you 8? Godaddy is not great but I've had only pleasent experience with them. They cater very well to larger portfolio holders.

•••
Aweful

Good value, but there are some major flaws. The phone support is terrible, and they are confusing you and trying to prevent helping the user. The price is reasonable, but it could be cheaper. There interface is smothered in advertisement for other services, which makes life confusing, and i avoid godaddy. They also tend to delete domains of illegal sites WITHOUT any warning, which i feel is wrong. Loads of features, too many to list, but they need to redesign the site, it is cluttered and looks like someones myspace profile.

•••
I was just looking around and noticed most people are rating the customer service 1 star...

Have you ever used their customer service?

They have the best and fastest customer service in the industry.

~Rom

•••
Yeah, people expect the customer service to help them out with coding issues for their site.

•••
I repeat what I said in my earlier post:

I have never had such good service from ANY company I have dealt with, domains or otherwise.

If GoDaddy can do it, why not everyone else?

The extra cost (and it's only a few cents) is well worth it. As long as GoDaddy continue to look after me this well I have no need to look anywhere else.

Matt.

•••
I'm very happy with godaddy. Excellant customer service and wonderful administration panel.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back