Dynadot

GoDaddy worst domain registrar - DO NOT BUY or choose for large portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TrueBranding

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello,

I have been started to use Godaddy for few hundred of the names and notice that I am having the most hard time with them.

1 - Bad Support - There is no need of support when you have people who do not understand the thing and cheap labour from India doesn't makes much sense and understand things at all!

2 - They ask and keep making excuse for 40 mins for just to make a small fix on dns update of couple of domain names at once.

3 - I can share the chat and it will be such a shame of the services .. it's been 3 times in 2 days and I thought maybe it's the person I am taking having some issues, but later found that the cheap staff really have no control and they just love to talk and keep making things so you won't get pissed off.

My personal opinion is that when you have a Live Support than people and staff must have some level of control and it's good to have a trained staff.

Hate to see such companies they growing but still do not care! or know very little of good technical support.

Thank you.
B.N

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Have more names, than next 10 competitors

We’ll see if they care;

I admire ur effort; systemic change start within;
@Joe Styler, replies, often solves many probs.

Good luck. We’ll see if they reply.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Such an Obstinate company with really no knowledge .. poor staff support!

•••
If you can't do a number 2 yourself then we don't hear your cries.

•••
Irresponsible corporate representation.

•••
have you tried calling? complex problems can be difficult over chat to solve.

•••
Paul, Yes I did unfortunately they have very limited control and the worst part is that they keep telling you the things which you have already tried.

The staff is being paid to help the people, but as soon you go with something which shows that there are issued in their system they suddenly keep telling you the same thing in a different way.

They should have hired a more better staff .. rather than having a 24 hour support they can give 12 hours but quality must not be compromised.

I was thinking to put 10K names with them this year! Sorry no more.

•••
curious how many domains you have with us today, even a few hundred would qualify you for a dedicated premier services agent, who are the absolute best

•••
Not many I did yesterday 25, like planned to do 25 a days signed up last week, so planned to do 25-30 a day in a day I did around 25, so the planned to build 10K here at Godaddy too.

We uses Dynadot currently .. their pricing structure is little strange but the services are 10x better.

•••
ok, if you still have issues I'd be happy to help but if you're happy with Dynadot that's cool too. Welcome to the industry

•••
@Paul Nicks Thanks a lot for reaching, I changed up my mind going with GoDaddy for long due to these issues and wonder if there are 10k names and I am talking to some offshore Indians who knows nothing than it become hard for me to work on the things.. specially when it comes to growing things.

heard many fellas doing with Godaddy I wonder how they are doing or they are kind of okay handling all day solving things and not much to do except playing with the system to make things work for them.

I must say that Dynadot is not perfect either and not one of the best domain company as well, but when it comes to BULK NAME management they have good tools with less bugs.

It's never about being happy with certain registrars it's about more economical specially when doing big numbers and also with more control and power you feel when you managing things, otherwise we are paying money to any company doesn't make much difference.

thank you.
B.N

•••
Godaddy's bulk domain tools are fine and they work as intended. Without knowing what you're trying to do, it's difficult to help you out.

•••
@sircc I have a busy schedule and I just can't work out all the day like most of the domainers doing it full time and managing and all, I have 3 more management things to watch and for some people it might be okay if they are giving all of their time .. but not for someone who has more businesses to manage.

For me it's not working out, dns propagation taking time, updates get stuck in the middle, system has bugs quite many glitches.

Last edited:
•••
@Paul Nicks Thanks a lot for reaching, I changed up my mind going with GoDaddy for long due to these issues and wonder if there are 10k names and I am talking to some offshore Indians who knows nothing than it become hard for me to work on the things.. specially when it comes to growing things.

heard many fellas doing with Godaddy I wonder how they are doing or they are kind of okay handling all day solving things and not much to do except playing with the system to make things work for them.

I must say that Dynadot is not perfect either and not one of the best domain company as well, but when it comes to BULK NAME management they have good tools with less bugs.

It's never about being happy with certain registrars it's about more economical specially when doing big numbers and also with more control and power you feel when you managing things, otherwise we are paying money to any company doesn't make much difference.

thank you.
B.N

Ya know, maybe Uniregistry is right for you? We just acquired them because their bulk tools are second to none. We're working hard on porting that experience over to GoDaddy, but it'll be a while still, so maybe give them a try since it feels like the software/tooling is really your biggest need at the moment.

•••
oops thought it was a pm

page

Last edited:
•••
@Paul Nicks Sure, we are developing our own system since last 1 year and will take a while when we push it for everyone and move things there, Godaddy is good for buying stuff as a end user I will be fine, but when it comes to domain management it's not one of the best for sure.

•••
I think all registrars have their quirks. I suggest you choose the one that works best for you, with the limited time you have to invest.

•••
@sircc Thank you, appreciated, yes, As you know once you have a large inventory than changing registrar in the middle is like bumping to your profit, just imagine you have 315 days once you lift the 60 days registrar lock than if you have to move it makes 60 more days making total 4 months of loss on 10k names.

If we do the maths that's a big loss so we always try to be smart with this but unfortunately the companies are more bigger smarter geeks than us and they know how to keep the domainers within their system.

•••
man i gotta whine / complain more on namepros, great response time Paul.

Hope your well.

Page

•••
The 60 day lock only applies if you transfer the domain to another registrar. In case of a sale, you can push the domain into the buyers account with the current registrar, at any time after it settles into your account.

Ultimately, you have to be satisfied with your current registrar and stick with them.

Last edited:
•••
@Page Howe When I tried 1 hour 22 mins conversation with the staff after that I felt like coming here and sharing the experience, time is more precious than domains for me :)

•••
@sircc Yes, we do that sometimes make an account move the name there and hand over the logins/security details/ etc all, that's normal .. but fast transfer really makes little difference just imagine you doing 1.4% sales a year and you have 2 months issue as you wanted to change a registrar due to management and time issue that .. on 10k names it makes huge difference so better stick with the registrar which gives you more control so you can grow without having a control fear.

•••
okay now .. just again the same problem started ... the help lines wants to update the name server as they are stuck since last 6 hours and not being updated Holy Crap!!

•••
Found an interesting Bug inside GoDaddy and that's interesting :)

•••
The Representative on Godaddy told me that the problem is happening that I listed the name on afternic so the name server cannot be updated WTF!!!!!

hhhahhahahahahhahhaahha

I can't believe what I am listening .. I think I should start sharing the conversation here.

•••
Back