IT.COM

Fabulous is the worst domain registrar ever

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
OKay, This is my 1st rant ever on the internet. I never do these kinds of things. HAS anybody ever gotten support from Fabulous? I have sent them a couple of support emails and not gotten a single reply in 5 days! Their renewal prices are $35/year.

I want to transfer my domains away, but its set at locked in their system and I cannot unlock it myself.

Anybody have experience with FAB?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They rejected my application. All I have to say.

•••
•••
Love them.

Edit to add:

However, I do understand your frustration. Before I had a fab account, I had received a few pushes from sellers of Fab domains and was facing their full retail renewal, which is obviously unacceptable. You have to understand where they're coming from- they provide an *extremely* high level of service for their account holders and as much as people don't seem to understand this, service isn't free.

For example, consider that with Fabulous, you get free Maxlock service on your domains, should you choose to enable it, which almost totally eliminates the possibility of domain theft.

In order to release the name, it requires a portion of time from a paid employee to handle paperwork, make sure everything is in order, etc. Obviously, Davey Domainer thinks all his names are the bees-knees so if he's given a Fabulous account, he puts maxlock on all of them... Then, this time next year, when renewal time comes around and he decides he doesn't want to reup IcedTea.vc or e-ComputerRadSite.com, he sells it in a namepros auction for .50 cents and in the process, burns up 20 minutes of a $18 hourly employees time at Fabulous handling the transfer...

Needless to say, they must be selective about who they admit. The profit spread on domain registrations isn't that great and a n00b with a heavy churn of garbage names could actually wind up costing them money in terms of services utilized, since they do offer such a high caliber program.

Last edited:
•••
I guess the mail was trapped by antispam.
Actually this is the first time I see such a title for a thread about Fab.

•••
In 8 years I've not once had a problem with them.

They are the best register out there hands down.

•••
I used their own support form for contact. I don't know , 5 days with no reply and big 5x renewal price? Anyways, thank you all for your inputs. I'll give FAB a phone call or something.

•••
How a registrar can think they can get away with charging $35 per year for renewal is beyond me. It's daylight robbery! Even networksolutions.com is cheaper!

•••
You have a retail account. Email or call Mike and tell him you want a reseller account and see if there is anything he can do for you.

•••
Its not 35 dollars
The elock is free and you are the only one that could set it.
You have the code to unlock it ,
Just send a email to support and send your private code which you MADE UP

Sounds to me you just a very unhappy person
Please dont even respone , i dont what to hear it

•••
Hi buohcom,

I've just checked with the Support team and we have received two emails from you, one on Sat, 22 May 2010 and the other on Wed, 26 May 2010. Both emails were replied to in a timely fashion.

It looks like both responses failed and we received the following bounce error: Connection timed out

To answer your initial question, to transfer your domain, please follow these steps:

1. Login to your Fabulous account
  2. Visit the Manage > Domains page
  3. Click the Transfer button next to your domain
  4. Check the Open Transfer Window box
  5. Note down the Auth Info code
  6. Click the Change button

In regards to the renewal rate of US$29.95, we have positioned ourselves as a domain registrar for professional domain owners. A registrar created by domainers made for domainers.

Whilst we do have some retail customers, the $US29.95 is used somewhat as a deterrent; Retail users typically require more "hand holding" and support time. Because we run on tight margins, we would much rather focus on servicing professional domainers who not only register domains with us, but also monetize and sell domains via our platforms.

If you have a portfolio of over 750 domains, I'm more than happy to review your list and see if you are eligible for an account upgrade, which would give you access to cheaper pricing and our parking/aftermarket programs.

Let me know if you have any further questions or need assistance with anything. Also, feel free to email me directly on mike at fabulous dot com.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

•••
Okay guys, thank you, I appreciate all of your inputs, THREAD NOW CLOSE PLEASE.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back