IT.COM

GoDaddy Contact Info Change With No 60 Day Lock!

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I had to change the contact info on a domain I acquired a couple of months ago.

At first, the system said that changing the contact info would result in a 60 day lock, but when I got the email to confirm the change, there was a button I hadn't seen before in the email that asked if I wanted to lock or not lock for 60 days. I chose to not lock the domain, and it did it!

I hadn't ever seen that button before on GD.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting. Anyone else try this? I will when I get the chance.

•••
It seems new. What happened was I had a domain that sold on Afternic. Then it stalled because I had never updated the whois info for the domain. I called GD and they said to go ahead and update the contacts, then to send an email to [email protected]. I didn't have to. The button was there to change the contacts but not lock the domain.

•••
I want to change info also.
I didn't because I read it would be locked for 60 days and didn't want it locked.
I'll try and see.
Thanks

•••
That's handy to know. thanks

•••
I want to change info also.
I didn't because I read it would be locked for 60 days and didn't want it locked.
I'll try and see.
Thanks
Yes, try it. You will get an email to confirm the change. There will be a button to not lock the domain.

•••
yes, they added this option not too long ago ! i think name.com also added this option as well!

•••
yes, they added this option not too long ago ! i think name.com also added this option as well!
Wonder if namesilo has one.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes, try it. You will get an email to confirm the change. There will be a button to not lock the domain.
Yep it worked:xf.smile:
Thanks again

•••
@Joe Styler Nice enhancement! Any special information to be aware of with this feature?

•••
I just tried it, the option is there, but did the option also appear during (account change)?

Thanks

•••
I just tried it, the option is there, but did the option also appear during (account change)?

Thanks
Good point. I didnt try via push. I would have to ask a buyer I pushed to yesterday.

Or you could push me your best 3L.com to test it. ;)

•••
Good point. I didnt try via push. I would have to ask a buyer I pushed to yesterday.

Or you could push me your best 3L.com to test it. ;)

@Silentptnr that sounds good. I'll send you my fav. lol:xf.smile:

Please let us know once you figure it out.

I'll try to find out as well.

Thanks

•••
The only thing my listings on Afternic were cancelled as it did warn me that it would be if I updated info.
Just have to relist them.

•••
I dont think this is new. The 60 day opt out has been available for quite some time now

•••
I had to change the contact info on a domain I acquired a couple of months ago.

At first, the system said that changing the contact info would result in a 60 day lock, but when I got the email to confirm the change, there was a button I hadn't seen before in the email that asked if I wanted to lock or not lock for 60 days. I chose to not lock the domain, and it did it!

I hadn't ever seen that button before on GD.
Yes this is new. It will ask you if you want it locked unless it is an ICANN or Registry lock like say a new registration of a domain for example.
If you initiate the change of account it will also ask you if you want to lock it or not for the receiving party. The receiving party also sees before accepting if the domain will be locked when they accept it or not. If so and they do not want the lock they can reject the change and ask the sender to redo it and select no lock or they can accept it with the lock.

•••
Yes this is new. It will ask you if you want it locked unless it is an ICANN or Registry lock like say a new registration of a domain for example.
If you initiate the change of account it will also ask you if you want to lock it or not for the receiving party. The receiving party also sees before accepting if the domain will be locked when they accept it or not. If so and they do not want the lock they can reject the change and ask the sender to redo it and select no lock or they can accept it with the lock.
Thanks @Joe Styler ! I thought it was new. Appreciate the explanation. That's a great nice enhancement.

•••

Wouldnt it be better for the pusher to not have the option to lock it, and let the receiver to choose if they wanted lock or not lock during the inbound process?

•••
No both parties need to agree.

•••
No both parties need to agree.
Where is possible to make that choice?? I had a couple of situations but I've not seen how to avoid the 60 days lock. Thanks in advance

•••
You get the option when you receive the email to confirm you want to change the contact data. The button will be on the screen that pops up in your browser when you click the link in the email.

•••
Where is possible to make that choice?? I had a couple of situations but I've not seen how to avoid the 60 days lock. Thanks in advance
At the time you push the domain there will be the option to choose a lock or no lock. When accepting the domain it will tell you if there is a lock or not when you accept it. If you do not want a lock you can reject it and ask the other party to redo the change without a lock. If there is no lock you can just accept it.

•••
@Joe Styler A few months ago, I sold a couple of names to another GD customer. For whatever reason, they never updated the whois. Recently they did. How is it that my confirmation wasn't needed for the whois update and that the whois update went through all at their end? I thought the previous owner must confirm before whois updates are finalized/set. Can you clarify on the exact behavior?

•••
Unfortunately I cannot without having the domain and access to the other party's account and then sharing customer specific information from that account. My best suggestion to you is if you have an issue updating one of your own domains reach out to support and see what options you may have at the time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back