Domain Empire

GoDaddy Contact Info Change With No 60 Day Lock!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I had to change the contact info on a domain I acquired a couple of months ago.

At first, the system said that changing the contact info would result in a 60 day lock, but when I got the email to confirm the change, there was a button I hadn't seen before in the email that asked if I wanted to lock or not lock for 60 days. I chose to not lock the domain, and it did it!

I hadn't ever seen that button before on GD.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you did not understand! I sold the domain and I pushed the domain to the buyer. No problems so far. The domain whois was not changed so it still had my whois information.
My understanding was that if whois is changed, the old and the new registrant both have to confirm the change. Is that the case or can the new registrant confirm the change and that is all that is needed?

•••
I understood. The answer is - it depends. I can't give you the right answer without seeing both sides your side and the gaining customer side on a particular domain.

•••
I really hate to always and constantly be harping on GD (shows they do have a great selection of domains since we have to put up with it all .. lol) ... But unfortunately clarity, language and actual functionality aren't a strong point with GD automated emails and systems.

In the few times I tried to push a domain WITH contact change, each and every time I get an error. A few months ago I was on the phone with support and the person told me it was a known issue and told me the only workaround was to push WITHOUT contact change and then have the new owner change it once the domain is in their account.

As for the non-lock option .. I've had that a few months now i'm pretty sure. It's there as intended as when ICANN originally set the standards for this system it was always intended for the 60 days to be bi-passed if set from the start. But once confirmed, there is supposed to be essentially zero way of unlocking until after the 60 days. Pretty sure there was a Domain Sherpa or DNW podcast about it long ago.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back