NameSilo

GoDaddy Suspended Domains With Live Sites For No Reason Given

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sisisimoore

Impact
GoDaddy Account number is 154255281

On Thursday, we received an email stating, "your xxxx domain is at risk of being suspended." Alarmed, I contacted GoDaddy immediately. They checked and found nothing wrong, suggesting it was a phishing scam and advised me to delete the email. Despite the email appearing to come from hostsec @godaddy.com, they confirmed it was phishing. I contacted that address but received no reply.

Yesterday, our main website went down, and we received another email stating, "your xxxx domain has been suspended." They suspended our entire account and all associated domains, including parked ones. Hundreds of customers now cannot access their accounts or contact us. The suspended domain wasn't active but redirected to another domain within the same account, which is also down. GoDaddy won't provide a reason for the suspension.

I suspect a competitor's false accusation or Blackhat SEO tactics. I don't think it's a coincidence that after reaching the top on Google and overtaking a couple of competitors, this has happened. Has anyone else experienced this? After three hours on the phone, GoDaddy only advised emailing hostsec @godaddy.com.

These are successful businesses with hundreds of customers each week so if they stay own is ruining our livelihood.

Should I speak to a solicitor? Even if they found one issue with a domain (virus or whatever) how on earth can they suspend the entire account including domains not even live?

Any help would be enormously appreciated. Not slept all night. All of our financial income is now lost if this cannot be resolved.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@GoDaddy Are you able to help with anything on this?

•••
GoDaddy Account number is 154255281

On Thursday, we received an email stating, "your xxxx domain is at risk of being suspended." Alarmed, I contacted GoDaddy immediately. They checked and found nothing wrong, suggesting it was a phishing scam and advised me to delete the email. Despite the email appearing to come from hostsec @godaddy.com, they confirmed it was phishing. I contacted that address but received no reply.

Yesterday, our main website went down, and we received another email stating, "your xxxx domain has been suspended." They suspended our entire account and all associated domains, including parked ones. Hundreds of customers now cannot access their accounts or contact us. The suspended domain wasn't active but redirected to another domain within the same account, which is also down. GoDaddy won't provide a reason for the suspension.

I suspect a competitor's false accusation or Blackhat SEO tactics. I don't think it's a coincidence that after reaching the top on Google and overtaking a couple of competitors, this has happened. Has anyone else experienced this? After three hours on the phone, GoDaddy only advised emailing hostsec @godaddy.com.

These are successful businesses with hundreds of customers each week so if they stay own is ruining our livelihood.

Should I speak to a solicitor? Even if they found one issue with a domain (virus or whatever) how on earth can they suspend the entire account including domains not even live?

Any help would be enormously appreciated. Not slept all night. All of our financial income is now lost if this cannot be resolved.
One of the many reasons why people (domainers) don't use godaddy as a registrar.

Last edited:
•••
Update as of 14/06/24

- The hostec email given to me by godaddy is yet to reply to my original message from over one week ago. They are still yet to tell us the reason for suspension or why we cannot access any of our other domains or why the customer service team provided false information when contacted.

- Godaddy customer service assured me I would hear back within 24 hours. I have heard nothing from anyone so far.

- We as a company have stated speaking to a solicitor to deal with the issues we are facing with godaddy. Lost revenue in just a week already adds up to several thousands due to godaddy lack of response to actually undertake a manual review of the situation.

- I have found out that all emails received from godaddy so far are completely automated and no human has actually looked at our case. The only reason godaddy mentioned for suspension on the phone was due to 'phishing'. This is complete nonsense as the domain itself was not even live and served no emails.

- After people contacting me from the black hat SEO world, it appears what happened to us is relatively easy to do. All people have to do is setup scripts and target here:

supportcenter.godaddy.com abusereport/phishing

And the domain will be removed automatically without any manual intervention. A classic example of 'act first, ask questions later'.

- I will keep here updated constantly to help other users with this issue (and hopefully serve as a warning to others not to use godaddy). I have also contacted the godaddy representatives on this forum. I will. Provide details on whether they reply and whether what they say is useful.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back